What did you do to your TJ today?

That is a fact . I’m all for cruising and sightseeing , especially in this weather. I want to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway.

You won't be disappointed. Wife and I hit a portion of it a couple years back when we were on vacation and traveling from Charlotte to Ashville and specifically undershot Ashville to get more of the parkway into our trip.

Especially fun to hit it early in the morning and have the thick fog and then watch it burn off and the scenery really come into view.

You won't be disappointed. Wife and I hit a portion of it a couple years back when we were on vacation and traveling from Charlotte to Ashville and specifically undershot Ashville to get more of the parkway into our trip.

Especially fun to hit it early in the morning and have the thick fog and then watch it burn off and the scenery really come into view.
Spent a day touring it last year. Had to hit up the little towns nearby and try the foods they offered. Beautiful area.

That is a fact . I’m all for cruising and sightseeing , especially in this weather. I want to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway.

We've driven all over the BRP, it's awesome regardless of what part you are on. Linville, NC to Asheville, NC is a nice drive. Plenty of things to stop and see along the parkway.

Make sure you visit the Linville Viaduct, you can park near the bridge and there are tons of trails with waterfalls and creeks.

Reactions: AndyG
So excited that I can actually post something on this thread!

MY TJ is currently trapped in the car port as I am not allowed to start it and poison a nest full of chicks and have been told they have to fledge first, so I can't put my newly arrived replacement soft top on yet. I know, I know, but I am a very indulgent father.

However, I could still get at the front, remove the pedestrian pushers and and fit the recently delivered winch plate.

Before
TJ Before.jpg

After
TJ After.jpg

Lots of opportunities for cleaning and repainting revealed by the end :rolleyes:

MY TJ is currently trapped in the car port as I am not allowed to start it and poison a nest full of chicks and have been told they have to fledge first, so I can't put my newly arrived replacement soft top on yet. I know, I know, but I am a very indulgent father.

However, I could still get at the front, remove the pedestrian pushers and and fit the recently delivered winch plate.

Before
View attachment 259304

After
View attachment 259305

Lots of opportunities for cleaning and repainting revealed by the end :rolleyes:
looks so much better!

Before
View attachment 259304

After
View attachment 259305

Props to you for thinking of the birds. 👍🏼

Some people could care less or wouldn't even be aware.

You have the winch plate that I wish I had known about before I got mine.

Received the rest of my back ordered parts from Genright. And broke the rear locker in my Rockjock semi float 60. The Eaton E-locker is stuck in the locked position now.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
That's pretty cool. I didn't know the JK seat back would fit on the TJ seat. Was is hard to get them together?

It requires some cutting and welding on the JK seat frame to get it to fit. I had read a few of the write ups and was going to do it, then I lucked into this seat already built, so I grabbed it and swapped it out.

Reactions: MountaineerTom
Some of the things I did at 20 I would love to try now. Probably would just throw my back out. ;)
I was reaching in the refrigerator other day and I hurt myself....Smacked my noggin on some little deal at the top.

Experts say most accidents happen around the home... I plan to move.

Before
View attachment 259304

After
View attachment 259305

There is a mother with fledglings in my trail top on our nordic track. Not touching it. Must be the time of year.

I'm sure a bunch of people will be all "I don't let unskilled friends touch my jeep" yeah, whatever. Half the fun of working on them is spending time with friends and learning new stuff, so I guess this is the price we occasionally have to pay. But I am pretty irritated at this one. Will report back after the test drive.
Pulls to the bad side, it also may have introduced a slight vibration in the steering wheel. I did also put new studs & lugs on, so I've introduced a lot of variables. But I probably won't sleep well until I replace that axle shaft.

Replaced the u-joints...which may have turned into a thing. I had 2 friends helping. A while back I picked up a used Harbor Freight 12 ton press, so you already know where this is going. They were excited about using the press for this job, and I'm like I don't think we need the press for this, the 3 of us had already done several u joints with a vice and a BFH. Also, I must've said 5 times about how I've heard horror stories of guys bending the ears when using a press.

So me and one guy are working on one side, and sure enough, my other buddy is over there using the press to push it out. Or trying to, anyway. He wasn't able to get it out and once I saw him trying I pulled the plug on that operation, but it might've been too late. I should mention that these guys are XJ owners, and as you probably know XJ owners aren't known for their attention to detail.

Anyhoo, it got late so we stopped and I started back in the next morning. Sure enough, the side he was working on, the U joint would not slip in. Recognizing that I was probably already F'd, I was able to tap the u joint "a little" to get it to clear and then push in the end caps. Haven't given it a test drive yet, but naturally I'm pissed that my normally reliable help didn't follow my directions, and nervous that my axle isn't going to run right. I never know how freely new u joints are supposed to turn, but this one feels tighter than I think it should. I knew I would upgrade to chromoly's at some point, but I figured it would be after I broke them on the trail, not because of a friend who couldn't follow directions.

I'm sure a bunch of people will be all "I don't let unskilled friends touch my jeep" yeah, whatever. Half the fun of working on them is spending time with friends and learning new stuff, so I guess this is the price we occasionally have to pay. But I am pretty irritated at this one. Will report back after the test drive.
I did mine a few months ago, and I think I slightly bent my ear with the ball joint press cause it was really hard to get the u joint back in. It was really hard to turn by hand, and now when I turn my wheel when driving I feel a little resistance at one point in steering which I was thinking was from that. I also hear a little rotational squeaking that sounds like it’s from the u joint location, I replaced my wheel bearings at that time so it can’t be that.

I figured I’d let it run until it gets bad, it’ll be just as much work relaxing it again now as it will be to wait until it goes bad