What did you do to your TJ today?

Yup, @Irun, it was a definite facepalm situation.

I'm planning a trip this weekend, and noticed a puddle of oil on the floor of my garage yesterday. I looked closer (but not close enough), and saw the pitman arm was covered in fluid and that's where it was visibly dripping from. Since I was buried in work, in a hurry, and needed parts in time to repair before Friday, I ordered a Redhead steering gear with expedited shipping before investigating further. Last night, after wrapping up work, I had time to dig deeper. I saw that it's the pump leaking down the return line and dumping fluid on the pitman arm; there's no issue with my box.
You're not alone. Many of us have done it. You were just honest enough to admit it! (y)

there's no issue with my box.

Ain't that info best kept between your doctor and you ?
200.gif

Watch out for the mud
Too late!!! It was pretty soupy as always this past week up there, hard to avoid it. We saw a UTV on its side in one of the big mud holes, we lent a hand and winched him out. In this pic you can see the guy swimming around in the mud hole looking for his phone, and if you look closer you can see his wife, the UTV flipped on her side, she’s covered head to toe in mud!

FA7B0B06-DBB7-4CC9-A712-B6BD3984282B.jpeg

Archeologist? Geologist? Paleontologist?
None of the above but I have a lot of interest in those fields. I do like to look for fossils and such, but on this day we were just looking for rocks rto place around the outside HVAC unit. I just had it replaced and it is now very muddy on the back side.

Too late!!! It was pretty soupy as always this past week up there, hard to avoid it. We saw a UTV on its side in one of the big mud holes, we lent a hand and winched him out. In this pic you can see the guy swimming around in the mud hole looking for his phone, and if you look closer you can see his wife, the UTV flipped on her side, she’s covered head to toe in mud!

View attachment 277088
I know it all too well. Have fun.

Reactions: John Cooper
I am unfortunately living at school now so I won't have time to do the rest until probably thanksgiving but I will definitely update, I am very curious too. I have some bouncing/bucking when driving which I am wondering could be from the worn bushings or it might just be normal when driving an older lifted jeep

Yeah all good. In my mind it should provide a tighter/smoother ride but real world results maybe not. Can't hurt either way.

Reactions: Cheetokps
It's a joy to drive and I do that whenever possible! It's actually dirty now from a small dusty trail I did last weekend. ;)
Sounds like our employee parking lot at work, it's down a 2 lane dusty trail filled with potholes and the lot is also dusty and filled with potholes. I get to trail ride 5 days a week!!!!!!

Finally installed the v8 grand Cherokee tie rod,let’s hope I got the toe right,lol probably not.View attachment 277154
Did you use a metal of vinyl tape measure to read it? ;)
It was metal,the thing always drove great for a lifted TJ on 35s(70-75 cruise control on) but it had a little squirmy thing pulling up to stoplights (not bad) but don’t know if the old hollow TJ tie rod was worn or if the toe wasn’t right on before but WOW that’s gone now it’s tight and drives wonderful

Put the hardtop and doors back on, now I'm kinda sad.............................................But it hit 39 degrees on the way to work this morning and I don't have enough insulation for that

Found a set of brand new Bestop tinted windows off the Book of Faces (@Westtown Willy) for $80. Glad I didn’t have to spend $900 for a new Bestop! Much better than my old foggy clear windows and loose fitting rear window. Gonna try foregoing swapping to hardtop this winter and see how it goes. If all goes well the hard top will go.

CE6516C6-246B-4469-872A-C9E3E09C2D9F.jpeg

F96F90CF-BA75-4AD3-9CAB-66791C9688E5.jpeg

9C8FF876-4CB5-4431-9530-D834BADC27DB.jpeg