What did you do to your TJ today?

Before
View attachment 25258

Replaced all the ball joints, new track bar, Currie tie rod, tie rod ends, drag link, and the best jeep work for last....my new Bartact seat covers with before and after pics :)

On top of all that, displayed the WWII jeep with the Broomfield Veterans Memorial Museum, and met some awesome WWII, Korean, Vietnam, and OIF Veterans. A damn good Veterans Day !
God Bless our Vets-

Ray

After
View attachment 25259
Where is that center console jeep padding from? I like that. Seat covers look great too btw

Do they rattle or make any noises at all?
No noise at all, great set of quick disconnects. Although to make it easy to install I carry a mini malet to set the pin by in. Way better than my last set of sway links!! ;)

433C2EB2-D40C-4BBD-B9D0-153430AAFB27.jpeg

What did you do about the cracked borla header?

Just had it welded with a mig but expecting it to crack again as they didnt really take the time to grind and stop drill it. The pipes are so twisted and the fractures kinda buried so will need to buy a new set from the US for a permanent fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
Well my 05 LJ Automatic has 1000 miles that I put on it since I bought it in October and I am still getting used to what it can or can’t do and cleaning up any little issues I can before summer when the fun time in the woods starts.

From time to time I could smell coolant but could never find a leak. It was always coming from the front and not the exhaust so I did not feel it was a head gasket. The burp tank did not seem to be going down much if any and the tank level seemed a little low but still above the fins.

Well the Friday after thanks giving I could smell coolant pretty strong and lifted the hood and found the “AFTER MARKET RADIATOR” was leaking around the plastic top good enough to tell it was needing a new one.

I think what was happening was as I drove the tank would weep down and quickly evaporate to the fin level and that is why I could smell vapor and not see a leak.

So I taken a number of members advice and ordered a new Mopar one off of Amazon. Got it in Thursday and replaced in about 2 hours yesterday.

Everything is working great now and no more coolant smell.

Thanks to all for the advice and the Amazon sight to order one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049ELCHI/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Reactions: B4_685 and CodaMan
Drilled a couple 3/8" holes in my frame, right ahead of the rear LCA mounts...then powerwashed the inside of the frame...crazy how much crap came out of those holes. Thankfully, not too much by way of rusty metal flakes.

Passenger side was worse...this is what was left in my driveway.
20171202_163127.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered my bed rug kit on eBay (entire 7 piece kit). Paid $315 shipped to my door. Now I Find myself checking the tracking number every few hours to see how much closer it is.

Installed my ARR Radio mount. I had to modify the mounting due to the Synergy grab handles but all went well. Also created quick power disconnects to make removal quick and easy ... For me and a thief, but oh well.

IMG_20171202_121422424-800x450.jpg

Reactions: TomT509 and ac_
Dropped the gas tank and fixed the sticking valve that was causing the spit back when filling the tank. Could not have done it without ALL the info I had to work with from the guys on this site. Thanks to all and now I will need to fill'er up see if all that knuckle busting work actually fixed the problem.

Installed my ARR Radio mount. I had to modify the mounting due to the Synergy grab handles but all went well. Also created quick power disconnects to make removal quick and easy ... For me and a thief, but oh well.

View attachment 26340
I used allen heads for mine, figured harder than just unscrewing the knobs. I am going to try and find the tamper proof allens that have the little pin in the center. Those require a special tool to remove. Of course, if some tweeker wants to steal my 36 dollar cb, not much I can do about it.

Reactions: CodaMan
Dropped the gas tank and fixed the sticking valve that was causing the spit back when filling the tank. Could not have done it without ALL the info I had to work with from the guys on this site. Thanks to all and now I will need to fill'er up see if all that knuckle busting work actually fixed the problem.
As long as the plunger slides freely, you will be good.

Okay, this is lame compared to you folks with your springs and rear end swaps, but the danged gear shift knob shift pattern was skewed about 20 degrees to clockwise (sorry, no before pic) and it just finally got my OCD fired up. Marked where pattern should be, unscrewed knob, pried out pattern from knob, reinstalled pattern aligning to mark, and replaced in TJ.

No, not a great pic but I know I would be (rightfully so, "no pic, didn't happen") chastised if I didn't have a pic so had to include it.

Just one of those stupid little things ya just gotta do.

gearshift.jpeg

Okay, this is lame compared to you folks with your springs and rear end swaps, but the danged gear shift knob shift pattern was skewed about 20 degrees to clockwise (sorry, no before pic) and it just finally got my OCD fired up. Marked where pattern should be, unscrewed knob, pried out pattern from knob, reinstalled pattern aligning to mark, and replaced in TJ.

No, not a great pic but I know I would be (rightfully so, "no pic, didn't happen") chastised if I didn't have a pic so had to include it.

View attachment 26355

I'm the same way. I would bet most of us are.

Reactions: Water Bug

View attachment 26355

My OCD would have made me fix mine too, so you're good :)

Last edited:

View attachment 26355
That was the first thing I fixed when I bought mine!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk