What did you do to your TJ today?

These are from a few weeks ago when I replaced a bad fan motor assembly and my windshield washer nozzle. I just now downloaded the photos.

The fan motor replacement is a tool less endeavor on this model (2005). It sits behind the glove box on the 2004 and on models( I believe thats the right years). Earlier models it's more effort as there is a hatch you have to get to that sits behind the battery.

This was a A little tricky to get both hands on it (one to press the tab and one to twist it clockwise). A simple connector later and it's swapped out.
View attachment 333650

View attachment 333651

View attachment 333652

View attachment 333653

The windshield washer nozzle was a little more difficult just because of access. The replacement I bought needed a larger washer to attach as it doesn't have the same "clip" or base as the original. A little clear silicone under it to seat it and it was a perfect replacement.
View attachment 333654

I had to tape the new one in place to be able to thread the nut on. Once on I tightened it up a little put the hood down and got it straight, then cranked it down.

View attachment 333655

View attachment 333656

The recess under the hood to access the back of the nozzle has razor sharp edges. I was able to stay away from the BanAids this time but just barely.

A few tries to aim the nozzle later it was much better than stock. A strong spray all the way to both edges of the windshield.

Both combined were a half hour.
Got a link to where you purchased the nozzles? I tried searching the part number but came up empty. Thanks!!

Reactions: TJ Starting
So far nothing today, I am sitting with Mom(she has alzhimers) while Dad mows the yard (at 81 it's about all he can do on the zero turn). I am doing laundry while looking after mom to also give my wife a break, normally she sits with Mom on her off day.

We may ride around later today, if we get everything done we are wanting to.

Thank you. The link dead-ends. Can you please give me the product title so I can search it?
Yup.... Apparently we cannot link to Amazon from here. I've tried a few times to fix it but it won't work.

I searched "TJ Nozzle". Here's a screen cap.

screenshot-www.amazon.com-2022.05.30-12_00_12.png

The one below it is a direct replacement but, like the original, it has a plastic nozzle. I went with the brass one that you can aim.

Good luck

Bought a set of rear adjustable control arms. I have to get this vibration figured out before the Outer Banks trip in a month. After everything I’ve done to this TJ I’m not giving up easy lol I also patched up a rust hole at the back of the cab and unloaded all my tools from a trip to Baltimore to work on a friends dodge magnum over the weekend.

Nothing, had to order fuel line parts and fuel pressure regulator. Since I could not find anything locally or within a 100 miles.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Bought a set of rear adjustable control arms. I have to get this vibration figured out before the Outer Banks trip in a month. After everything I’ve done to this TJ I’m not giving up easy lol I also patched up a rust hole at the back of the cab and unloaded all my tools from a trip to Baltimore to work on a friends dodge magnum over the weekend.
With a 3in lift you might want to look at a sye or lowering the skid.

With a 3in lift you might want to look at a sye or lowering the skid.
I tried dropping the skid a couple different lengths but it didn’t really seem to help. I dropped it about an inch at first then had bad vibes and then raised it about half inch back up and it was better but still there. Since I replaced the rear trailing arm section of the frame I’m trying to get my rear axle squared back up because it seems about 1/“2 off. That was my reason for getting adjustable ones. They’re made for 0”-6” lifts so I have some room to grow if needed.