What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed a Lange Hoist-A-Top to replace my old method of removing the hardtop using ratchet straps. Definitely easier to remove the top now with the hoist. Instructions on installation were pretty good. Had to adust a little since the the studs in the garage wall are off set some from the trusses.
20230827_131707.jpg
Of coarse now that the hardtop was off, time to switch to the soft top & enjoy the open air.
20230827_131601.jpg

Installed a Lange Hoist-A-Top to replace my old method of removing the hardtop using ratchet straps. Definitely easier to remove the top now with the hoist. Instructions on installation were pretty good. Had to adust a little since the the studs in the garage wall are off set some from the trusses.
View attachment 453319
Of coarse now that the hardtop was off, time to switch to the soft top & enjoy the open air.
View attachment 453320

I also went to Georgia Tech. And I also have a yellow TJ.

Toying with the idea of making the Jeep my tailgate vehicle this year. Hung a TV in the back that will swing up out of the way so I can load gear. Downside seems to be security. Not concerned with someone stealing the TV as it would be work to dismantle and thieves are lazy. More worried about other items disappearing while I'm in the game.

PXL_20230827_214429585.jpg

PXL_20230827_221026676.jpg

Reactions: John Cooper
I went out and looked under the hood today. I have a new stereo coming in on Thursday and I need to run the power cable from the battery, through the firewall, to the stereo. Any suggestions on the best place to run the wire through the firewall? I checked and didn't see anything that had a big enough opening already. I found this rubber oval thing that isn't being used. I was thinking of cutting a hole in it and then running the power wire through it. Any better ideas?

IMG_3975.jpg

Reactions: 97JadeTJ
I went out and looked under the hood today. I have a new stereo coming in on Thursday and I need to run the power cable from the battery, through the firewall, to the stereo. Any suggestions on the best place to run the wire through the firewall? I checked and didn't see anything that had a big enough opening already. I found this rubber oval thing that isn't being used. I was thinking of cutting a hole in it and then running the power wire through it. Any better ideas?

View attachment 453451

Have you looked at getting an adapter harness for your new unit so you can use the existing stereo wiring and power?

I've run additional wiring through the firewall grommet located below and outboard of the brake master cylinder and booster. The wires enter in the driver's footwell, above the clutch\ pedal. Look for the main harness entering the cabin.

IMG_20230611_184753019_HDR.jpg

View attachment 453451

That is a rubber plug and that’s it’s purpose… cut a hole in the size you need and run your wires through it… keep in mind heat and cold will come through also so keep the hole size as small as possible…

Have you looked at getting an adapter harness for your new unit so you can use the existing stereo wiring and power?

I've run additional wiring through the firewall grommet located below and outboard of the brake master cylinder and booster. The wires enter in the driver's footwell, above the clutch\ pedal.

The new stereo has 45Wx4 power so in order for it to work best, I have to run a power wire from the battery.

That is a rubber plug and that’s it’s purpose… cut a hole in the size you need and run your wires through it… keep in mind heat and cold will come through also so keep the hole size as small as possible…

That's what I was thinking, but wanted to check with people that know more about Jeeps than me. I was planning on cutting a very small hole in that rubber plug.

@chili_pepper’s idea is the best route unless you need to run and extra power source for like an amp or powered subwoofe…

View attachment 453451

That's what I used.

Reactions: JasterMereel42
I went out and looked under the hood today. I have a new stereo coming in on Thursday and I need to run the power cable from the battery, through the firewall, to the stereo. Any suggestions on the best place to run the wire through the firewall? I checked and didn't see anything that had a big enough opening already. I found this rubber oval thing that isn't being used. I was thinking of cutting a hole in it and then running the power wire through it. Any
https://www.harborfreight.com/9-piece-hollow-punch-set-3838.html
These work well for punching holes in rubber. Undersize by one size and you get a good weather seal.