What did you do to your TJ today?

Took Tess on a 2.5 hour round trip to my favorite outdoor gun range for some "group therapy". (y)

She ran like a champ although I did notice a medium pitch groaning noise coming from the rear when turning tightly at low speeds... :(

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
There is a black one that runs from the heater box through the firewall and connects to a T and it looks like a rodent chewed through it. Could that be it? And how do I fix a vacuum line like this?

I think that could be it. Just by some vacuum hose. If the tee is broken, order some plastic tees off of Amazon.

My wife’s JK winsheild wiper hose tee connection was broken, I actually used a tee for a drip irrigation system. It worked great, it was what I had in hand at the time.

I think that could be it. Just by some vacuum hose. If the tee is broken, order some plastic tees off of Amazon.

My wife’s JK winsheild wiper hose tee connection was broken, I actually used a tee for a drip irrigation system. It worked great, it was what I had in hand at the time.

The T was fine. It was the connector on the black line that was chewed through as well as a bit of the normal line.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Got my 500 miles in for my gear break in done this week. Drained the fluid, checked things out and refilled. 39° so I used a heat gun to help the RTV along a little. Took her for a ride a few hours later with no bad sounds or leaks.
New trans mount and one of @mrblaine 's skid plate nutserts on my son's 01.
Heading to Southington, OH tomorrow for some wheeling!!

There is a black one that runs from the heater box through the firewall and connects to a T and it looks like a rodent chewed through it. Could that be it? And how do I fix a vacuum line like this?

EDIT: An excessive amount of electrical tape fixed it and now the actuator works and will switch between modes.

My wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee was throwing an EVAP code. Couldn't find the leak, went to YouTube and found a guy that showed me exactly which hose it was going to be. Then he points out that the particular hose is apparently not sold anywhere. Couple wraps of electrical tape and we've been code free for like a year! 🤘🏼

Started the Jeep up and the money light came on, funny it was fine when I parked it in the garage yesterday. Did a little errand and came home, no big deal plug in the OBD2 thing and see what's up. Wrong, changed phones and the iphone doesn't have the app, checked App Store and it isn't there by the author I recognize. Try other OBD apps, nothing works with my plug in thing. Can't find my old phone. Get out tablet and download Torque Pro and it hooks right up. 2 codes having to do with evap leaks, one big leak and one small leak. Says check gas cap among other things. Checked gas cap and THERE ISN'T ONE. I set the cap on top of the taillight as always and just forgot it. Got gas the other day, drove over 50 miles and the light never came on. Black Friday shopping tomorrow morning for a cap with a tether. Easy fix. Duh.😖

Put the top and doors on and drove on the beach.

IMG_0154.jpeg

Took Tess on a 2.5 hour round trip to my favorite outdoor gun range for some "group therapy". (y)

She ran like a champ although I did notice a medium pitch groaning noise coming from the rear when turning tightly at low speeds... :(

I believe that’s an easy fix… upgrade your stereo and make it louder and that noise just disappears… it’s like magic 🪄 lol

My wife's 2018 Grand Cherokee was throwing an EVAP code. Couldn't find the leak, went to YouTube and found a guy that showed me exactly which hose it was going to be. Then he points out that the particular hose is apparently not sold anywhere. Couple wraps of electrical tape and we've been code free for like a year! 🤘🏼

We use a piece of 1/8" silicone vacuum hose as a splice or union. Cut it where the leak is, slide it inside the vacuum hose, done and done very well.

We use a piece of 1/8" silicone vacuum hose as a splice or union. Cut it where the leak is, slide it inside the vacuum hose, done and done very well.

I'll keep that in mind. This one was where the hose goes onto the fitting. It was a pretty rigid/plastic-y hose. And it's under the cowling so it's hidden from view at least.

Reactions: JasterMereel42
Any tips if the actual connector was eating through by some literal rat bastards?

We keep a roll of 1/8" DOT nylon air line to replace the bits of the small hard plastic vacuum line that get damaged or heat affected. That combined with the 1/8" silicone vacuum hose covers most of the problems we run into. Of note- don't buy the cheap thin wall silicone, get the thicker vacuum rated stuff. It is very forgiving, never leaks, and is not affected by the underhood heat.