What did you do to your TJ today?

My son was home from college for Thanksgiving and had to get in his "Jeep Time". He was out riding dirt bikes with one of his buddies and snapped this picture right before sunset.

20231124_184712.jpg

Still chasing a misfire cylinder 4 code. So far I've replaced the spark plugs (whatever Jerry recs, don't remember), crank position sensor (NGK), cam position sensor (NGK), throttle position sensor (Duralast), PCM (Wranglerfix). Did a compression test and cylinder 4 is about 4psi lower, but all within a reasonable range. Uncle recommended getting the head off to a machine shop to make sure everything is healthy. Jeep is at 10k on the odo.

Ialso have an evap code, could that be causing an error? Picked up a new fuel rail with the schrader valve to confirm pressure, but haven't installed it yet.

Could be carbon buildup,

View attachment 478552
Drove it over to look at this and drove away scratching my head🙄

I first saw that ad about a month ago and live not from it but haven't worked up the motivation to take a 10 mile trip. If you drove the 3 (or so) hours to check that out, I wish I knew you were heading this way, we could have met up, had a coffee or beer and talked Jeeps.

FWIW, I see that ad is from akroncanton.craigslist. Akron and Canton are both a good 40+ miles west of my neighborhood but that South Avenue dealer is about 10 miles to the east of me.

Last edited:
Welp getting done painting fenders,treating a bit of rust in the cowl area.
Got done seam sealing the brakebooster panel part thing? ..... only did the top portion since the ugly factory foam sealer stuff was looking ugly,since I'm respraying the firewall I figured I'd make it look pretty 😁
20231202_145319.jpg

20231202_121320.jpg

Edit- Realized how big of an idiot i am and used 400 grit to smooth out the fenders instead of 600 so now im gonna have to sand down and respray😅
Why you may ask ? i can see the sanding marks on the whole fender from the rougher sand paper....
Note the 3M stuff is the same color so 400-600 uses the same color, Ya live and ya learn

Last edited:
Well I just walked in the house from doing this.
View attachment 477660

Hopefully my buddy's radiator shop has the top tank so I can get it replaced.

If not I will have to buy a new radiator.

Went from the above to this picture below.

20231202_144258.jpg

Filled up with fresh coolant, topped off the ATF.

Ran it in the shop and got it up to temp 3 times, topped it off one last time.

Took it for a 30 mile test drive, pulled it back in the shop and everything was perfect.

I'm calling it a good day!!!!

Twice now I've lived the joke about how if the CEL is off in a TJ it must be that the bulb is burned out. At least this time the bulb wasn't supposed to be lit. Daughter's jeep now has a fully functioning dash. #74 bulb if you're interested.

Went from the above to this picture below.

View attachment 478928

Filled up with fresh coolant, topped off the ATF.

Ran it in the shop and got it up to temp 3 times, topped it off one last time.

Took it for a 30 mile test drive, pulled it back in the shop and everything was perfect.

I'm calling it a good day!!!!

What do y'all use to clean the engine compartment, looking at my pictures mine is pitiful!!!

Torque values on the back, like bands do with their tour dates. 😂

I’m liking it.

“Shift with this hand” and an arrow toward the wrist on the right sleeve.

“Air Freshener here”at the armpits.

@RINC gets a “hoodie.”

LJ drivers sizes come in long.

Blank spot to wipe with for death wobble.

Mounted the heated seat switches in the pod and just enjoyed it all evening.

6B4126A8-7B36-4CEC-A3BA-1E283B3A607B.jpeg

1FA9D8EA-DECA-4C3D-9F59-11398483DD51.jpeg

If you have a good seat covers I really recommend the heated seat kits they’re easy to put in and they work just like stock equipment in any car. They are only like $55.

Last edited: