What did you do to your TJ today?

Are they aftermarket or from PRP?

Aftermarket, Amazon -

One member told me most are made by one company.

Have had a sciatic nerve type issue recently- will go just sit in the LJR and crank ‘em up.

My chiro says ice is better for inflammation. Heat sure feels fine.

Aftermarket, Amazon -

One member told me most are made by one company.

Have had a sciatic nerve type issue recently- will go just sit in the LJR and crank ‘em up.

My chiro says ice is better for inflammation. Heat sure feels fine.
Interesting.

Your chiro is correct, as mine says the same thing. I agree, heat feels so much better. I will usually alternate heat and ice.

Reactions: AndyG
I really like the looks of these for OEM look. May go with them and just keep the seat heaters I have to install as on/off, even though they have high/low settings. In all other vehicles I have with seat heaters that have 2-3 settings, I always just run on high anyway...

Same, I like the OEM look. IF the XJ center console would fit in the TJ, I'd put the factory seat heater switches in that console. The only reason that my Silverado ever gets on the lower settings is because it does it automatically. My PRP seats will have just on/off so I'm not concerned.

Same! The plan has been to move the OD switch and air compressor switch (not pictured) to the center so I can run a seat switch on each end.

Screen Shot 2024-04-02 at 7.32.47 PM.png

Same! The plan has been to move the OD switch and air compressor switch (not pictured) to the center so I can run a seat switch on each end.

View attachment 514836

I'm surprised that no one has come up with an alternate for the 4 position fan switch and the temp switch. I'm thinking they made them that big to match the vent selector switch.

Reactions: hear and mjonesjr84
I learned in a model A pickup in a hay field. Probably was around 5-6, because I was already driving a Massey Ferguson 35 raking hay.

Learned to drive in the folks 67 dodge dart with the slant 6 and 3 on the tree… Arkansas has plenty of hills and every stop sign is on one of them… I learned to rock the clutch and skinny pedal at a young age… My first car was a 69 Chevelle SS 396 4 on the floor… learned a lot about driving and wrenching on that old car…

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper
What brand/ how did you mount them

Amazon purchase, photo of the item uploaded. Drilled holes in the rear corners, wiring is attached to the turn signal cable and the turn signals and breaks will flash the whip lights. They come with two different bases, one spring and one solid. It's a quick disconnect system. The controller is mounted under the left side whip light. I'll get some more photos when I get home.

Gallery_1712141063420.jpeg

16263.jpeg

16262.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Duner
Two projects completed new double din Alpine to replace the trash radio previous owner had put in, then started to have some hard shifting in 1st and Reverse searched here and seemed like master/slave needed to be replaced.

It was a simple job to my surprise bought a prefilled kit 4 bolts and done. Actually drives significantly better now so I’m guessing this needed to be done a while back.

IMG_1098.jpeg

IMG_1097.jpeg

Reactions: John Cooper
Where’d you buy the tubing and do you solder those splices? I’m of the theory that solder shortens the life span.

I will get you the Amazon link-

https://www.amazon.com/haisstronica...-Industrial/dp/B0CH83Z7FS/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Solder is not recommended- it lends to breakage the pros think.

The little kits of all the different heat shrink sizes look exciting until you realize you don’t do much with anything but 3/16

The adhesive lining is critical to strength and water intrusion and Blaine stress is to use a heat gun and not a torch so you don’t damage everything around you.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3053779642...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Crimps here, 65’ heat shrink in post above - shout if you need more info- This makes for a very low volume connection with great durability water resistance and looks very professional- When doing Blaine’s tail lights I realized that this was a great opportunity to up my electronic connection game.

Those don't look like the ones in your picture as they don't have the wire size colors.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3053779642...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

Crimps here, 65’ heat shrink in post above - shout if you need more info- This makes for a very low volume connection with great durability water resistance and looks very professional- When doing Blaine’s tail lights I realized that this was a great opportunity to up my electronic connection game.

Rats wish I waited on the PDC TSB/mod for my 06 LJR to pass emissions.
This route would have been way neater than the crappy crimp/heatshrink connections.
Thx for posting.

Reactions: AndyG
Those don't look like the ones in your picture as they don't have the wire size colors.

Correct- I think you have to get the Dorman brand and sort of pay for the little color indicators

I had used some of those but they were so expensive that I purchased in bulk and just put the Dorman extras in there as a reminder of what the sizes were

If we’re on the same page- my little container should be mostly the the raw aluminum with just a few random of the colored ones

Also they have some that are stepped down to join different sizes but I think you can only get those in the Dorman brand and they seem to cost a premium

Thank you let me know if that makes any sense-

Last edited: