What did you do to your TJ today?

My passenger side u-joint put up a hell of a fight yesterday… I won though. I think it’s the original u-joint from 25 years ago. No more noises when turning left!

IMG_9783.jpeg

My passenger side u-joint put up a hell of a fight yesterday… I won though. I think it’s the original u-joint from 25 years ago. No more noises when turning left!

View attachment 533583

That doesn't look too bad. I only count 9 tools on the ground and only the MFH...when I see 12+ tools, the BFH and a torch, I know it was a struggle. 😅🤣😂

Nice ride!

What do you put on them to keep them so dark?? Mine look a little faded.

I tragically dropped my tire on the center cup and it exploded into a thousand pieces LOL. Can’t seem to find a replacement anywhere for cheap.

Nothing on the wheels. They’re 5 years old & look great so far. I wanted that flat black finish so that I would have a lot of polishing & other upkeep.
On the tires I use Formula 303 Aerospace Protectant mostly because dirt & mud doesn’t stick to it & it’s muc
Nice ride!

What do you put on them to keep them so dark?? Mine look a little faded.

I tragically dropped my tire on the center cup and it exploded into a thousand pieces LOL. Can’t seem to find a replacement anywhere for cheap.

nofhing on the wheels & Formula 303 Lon the tires

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Duner
Since I am refreshing the front end of my TJ, any tips for refreshing those 2 rubber bumperettes on the front of the bumper? I washed them and they still look faded. Should I paint them with bumper paint, or try Cerakote on them?

Cerakote or any rubber treatment will work.........................for a while.
BRAND NEW PIC (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

Thanks. I'm going to drill some holes near the lower control arms (4 more holes in total), and I have to do a bit of rust mitigation on the bottom side of the frame where the skid plate rests against the frame. I have just a bit of surface rust there. I'm going to get that cleaned up and then prime and paint all of these places.

Any recs for primer and paint?

Make sure you prep those hole edges inside and out. You do not want any sharp edges. Prime and paint, done!

Reactions: JasterMereel42
Since I am refreshing the front end of my TJ, any tips for refreshing those 2 rubber bumperettes on the front of the bumper? I washed them and they still look faded. Should I paint them with bumper paint, or try Cerakote on them?

I painted ours with the fabric/plastic paint.
Aside from 1 small scuff made by yours-truly (by pulling into the garage too far and then watching the door of the washing machine door almost clear the bumper at 9:00), they have stood up really well for more than 1 year now.
1718063503855.png

I painted ours with the fabric/plastic paint.
Aside from 1 small scuff made by yours-truly (by pulling into the garage too far and then watching the door of the washing machine door almost clear the bumper at 9:00), they have stood up really well for more than 1 year now.
View attachment 533728

I've decided that on 1 of them, I'm going to paint the inside of it. On the other one, i'm going to Cerakote the inside of it. Then, I'll pick one that I like better and do the outside of them.

Any recs how to prep the hole edges? I have a small deburring tool that I could use. And how do I get that to work on the inside?

If your tool can hold something like this from Amazon or somewhere else they should do the job.

I drew up a quick sketch trying to show how to do it versus trying to explain it in words. Hopefully it makes sense.
IMG_E1560.JPG

Just be careful checking the edges with you fingers, I speak from experience on that :rolleyes:

https://www.amazon.com/Metal-Grinding-Stone-Rotary-Wheel/dp/B09V282ZH1/?tag=wranglerorg-20