What did you do to your TJ today?

Synergy, and I know others will frown on this because it's not Spicer. But I have used them in the past and never had any problems.
It's definitely not because they're not Spicer. I run plenty of non-Spicer drivetrain components on my TJ, not even my axle shaft u-joints are Spicer (they're CTM). :)

Reactions: mouth
It's definitely not because they're not Spicer. I run plenty of non-Spicer drivetrain components on my TJ, not even my axle shaft u-joints are Spicer (they're CTM). :)
Not being a smart ass for a change but how often do you rebuild them?

How often do I rebuild the CTMs? Never. Don't believe the occasional false rumors about them not being suitable for street use. Not to mention they have a lifetime warranty. The only thing I do is grease the bearing caps via their zerks a couple times a year. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mouth and JP13
How often do I rebuild the CTMs? Never. Don't believe the occasional false rumors about them not being suitable for street use. Not to mention they have a lifetime warranty. The only thing I do is grease the bearing caps via their zerks a couple times a year. :)
I didn't know they had a life time warranty, I'm running CTMs in my Dana 44 as well ( ford hp44).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

I didn't know they had a life time warranty, I'm running CTMs in my Dana 44 as well ( ford hp44).
I didn't either until I was visiting with CTM owner Jack Graef in his shop here in San Diego several years ago. He the one who told me he'll replace it if it breaks. Also, they are rebuildable.

Reactions: mouth
I didn't either until I was visiting with CTM owner Jack Graef in his shop here in San Diego several years ago. He the one who told me he'll replace it if it breaks. Also, they are rebuildable.
Nice! Great info to know!

Got the tub mounted back on last night
50e2561b2dc78b430c0130ec3ca9b4e6.jpg

c18b82f863b21d210aa6ae9e38ceb93a.jpg

I installed these Carr hoops that have been in my garage for 6 years.

Wasn't 100% sold on the design, but they are surprisingly sturdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
Put on another set of fenders last night, and a hood vent .... unfortunately I've got a popped head gasket. Last week upon reassemble i rushed putting antifreeze in it order to drive it to a social event and it got it got hot
960f350c0c148ecc7ec22c43c0ac372b.jpg

Reactions: Stefan and Chris
Didn't actually do anything but I spent 30 minutes crawling from one end to the other under Stinger. I found a bad tie rid end in the tie rod/drag link, a bad bushing on the upper front trac bar, a broken weld on the left rear shock mount, the new tranny cooler needs to be moved a bit to the rear because the Stinger -part of the Nth Degree suspension- hits the mounting bracket at full stuff. The tranny shifter linkage needs a bit of tweaking. The steering wheel needs to be recentered. The power steering hoses need to be rerouted and shortened. The power steering/hydro booster cooler has to be relocated - doesn't get enough air flow.
I found other things that I have forgotten but this will keep my wife a jeep widow!:eek:

Spiderweb Shade is one of the best 'cheap' mods out there for the TJ. I absolutely love, love, LOVE mine!

Reactions: Stefan
Spiderweb Shade is one of the best 'cheap' mods out there for the TJ. I absolutely love, love, LOVE mine!
Just realize this image is from the 'test fit' (with the small section on the back and the big section on the top). I didn't stick with this configuration. But yes, I think it will make the tint on my hard top look darker!

On a related note, here's something I found out after selling my JK to pick up the '04 Rubicon - I had a Spiderwebshade for the last TJ X I had, but sold it to the buyer of that Jeep...when I got the JK, I got a new SW shade for that Jeep (JK-2D), but kept it when I sold the JK. Then one day I decided to take it out of the cardboard tube I store it in when off the Jeep and try it on the TJ for size. It actually fits my TJ Rubicon better than the previous TJ SW shade I had fit the TJ X. So if you ever see a 2-door JK Spiderwebshade for sale, don't overlook it if you need one for your TJ, it will work fine. Still tight, and all the bungee holes are in the right places, etc., except you only need to use the two outside corners and the middle one in the front. IMO the JK-2D shade works better on the TJ than on the JK...

On a related note, here's something I found out after selling my JK to pick up the '04 Rubicon - I had a Spiderwebshade for the last TJ X I had, but sold it to the buyer of that Jeep...when I got the JK, I got a new SW shade for that Jeep (JK-2D), but kept it when I sold the JK. Then one day I decided to take it out of the cardboard tube I store it in when off the Jeep and try it on the TJ for size. It actually fits my TJ Rubicon better than the previous TJ SW shade I had fit the TJ X. So if you ever see a 2-door JK Spiderwebshade for sale, don't overlook it if you need one for your TJ, it will work fine. Still tight, and all the bungee holes are in the right places, etc., except you only need to use the two outside corners and the middle one in the front. IMO the JK-2D shade works better on the TJ than on the JK...

Useful advice! I was thinking it may fit, but I wasn't 100% sure. Nice to have someone confirm it.