• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

What did you do to your TJ today?

jazngab

TJ apprentice
Supporting Member

matkal

TJ Enthusiast
Hope they work out for you. I find myself always rinsing up in that area because it collects so much mud and sand.
That’s exactly why I did it, the flaps(or whatever you call them) didn’t fit properly and would let a LOT of mud way up there. I really don’t like running a power washer up there.

MountaineerTom

LJ Enthusiast, Retired USAF Weapons Loader
Supporting Member
That’s exactly why I did it, the flaps(or whatever you call them) didn’t fit properly and would let a LOT of mud way up there. I really don’t like running a power washer up there.
Where did you get the material for that? I got a couple things I could use that stuff for.

Last edited:

mikespine

Dropped my gas tank earlier this week. Replaced hardware: replaced 6 of 7 carriage bolts (the one closest to the passenger rear tire was ok and I didn't think I could fish a new one through) , 5/16 x 1" carriage bolts, bolt retaining rings, washers and nuts.

Today I dropped a new Bosch fuel pump assembly into the gas tank and installed the Dirtworx Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier. Replaced bumper hardware M12-1.75 x 45mm long. These two bolts run up from the bottom of the bumper into the frame rail.

It was a lot easier to drill the 4 holes and install the hardware needed to mount the Dirtworx bumper with the gas tank removed.

I will raise and install the gas tank after I fix the poor install of the rear shocks. I ordered drain plugs and will most likely cut the tub to gain access to the upper bolts. I may want to replace the shocks with Ranchos in the future and access will be easier than what I have now.

I also put the Rugged Ridge 3rd brake light ring behind the tire. I still need to figure out the wiring and how to route it. I've included a pic of the wires behind the wheel well. If anybody has input I'm all ears. It appears a previous owner did some cutting.

20190608_155047.jpg

20190608_153547.jpg

20190608_135441.jpg

20190608_143941.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and jazngab