What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally got got my kayak rack made!! Did a test fit with the kayak and did a few adjustments, now things are in the paint booth. LOL Will put it all back together tomorrow. :D

jDJv0MSXTUWUR67SpWwcLQ.jpg

The reasoning for how we made it is so I can haul 2 kayaks when my friend wants to go. I'm eventually going to get some of the kayak holders to put on the rack. When going solo I will run like this. The rear is made so it will rotate around. I can't lift my kayak that high so I will stand it up, put the rear up on the back rack, then lift the front and rotate it around and set it on the front rack. We will be adding some stops to the rear rack to help keep the kayak from sliding when I am rotating it. I will share pics of all that tomorrow.
8PuTek2uQnW6sAmaUx2jnA.jpg
7s9Cu8R1RuuTgFKb0s6luQ.jpg
cfJY4syeSqmf%0OyLIp+9g.jpg

I started the day with intentions to replace 4 of 6 frame nutserts using BMB's kit, but got sidelined by distractions- two major storm warnings announced by sirens, a fridge water filter R&R adventure, waiting for the furniture delivery crew who arrived on time with broken furniture.

A sharp air chisel made quick work of two OEM nutserts. Then I wire-wheeled the areas and sprayed painted 'em. I got one nutsert installed, a 2nd on deck. By that time, I said screw it and hosed the engine bay, frame, axles, and underside of the tub with Simple Green and power washed it all. So, at least tomorrow when I resume the nutsert and parking brake adjustment project gobs of dirt won't fall on me. I probably got more strange looks from the neighbors when I was laying in the driveway washing the underside of the Jeep about 10min after the rain stopped.

I like it alot! Oh....you better split and burn that firewood before there is no heat value to it....:)

LOL
yeah I need dynamite for that, those were four dead standing Eucalyptus trees and one blew over, I cut it up and gave it away to a friend of my wife’s who was supposed to come back for the rest...6 months ago.

B5322A31-9F73-4A1F-9B8E-9B19B2552CA4.jpeg
00A3C045-E8E5-46ED-863A-12AEB4C1E8B4.jpeg
A3CCDF0D-BDC0-4870-A008-A846453D379E.jpeg
8ED9F55B-786C-4802-B1AB-47D8B1A331BE.jpeg

Installed the grab handle on the passenger side after buying torx sockets at home depot. (Don't buy auto parts store tools).

Drove around with my wife today. Delivered a couple of tshirts she made for a friend. Went downtown to the farmer's market. I always get excited to go then i figure that everything is more expensive than the grocery store and once i roast the veggies nobody can tell if they're better. Mushrooms looked interesting but I'm the only one that eats them. Came home with some spicy italian gravy, some spices, and some cute baby carrots.
View attachment 97383
The greens weren't so happy after hanging out in the topless jeep.

Hit up the local surplus store. Got a hat to keep the sun off my bald noggin. With chin strap so it won't fly off running topless.
View attachment 97386
They didn't have a desert camo version this nice. It'll do.

Went to a late breakfast. Became extremely lazy after all that food. I'll work on the jeep tomorrow.

This site had a big selection of boonie hats. https://www.gijoesmilitarysurplus.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=422_425

I love boonies and have been wearing then for years. They used to issue us new ones evey time we deployed to the desert. I've been wearing the same tiger stripe boonie since 2013. It's faded so bad on the top that it's almost tan. LOL

Took it out exploring some of the forest access roads and power lines in Manchester State Forest. So much dust! I've got a lot of interior cleaning to do now. Seen turkey, a red fox, turtles, and an eastern hognose snake. He didn't like my LJ as much as I do. And apparently, I have a ditch and didn't know it.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

snake 1.JPG

snake 2.JPG

Took it out exploring some of the forest access roads and power lines in Manchester State Forest. So much dust! I've got a lot of interior cleaning to do now. Seen turkey, a red fox, turtles, and an eastern hognose snake. He didn't like my LJ as much as I do. And apparently, I have a ditch and didn't know it.

View attachment 97402
View attachment 97403
View attachment 97404
View attachment 97405
View attachment 97406
View attachment 97407
View attachment 97408

View attachment 97409
View attachment 97410
He's pretty. That head looks evil.

Reactions: 04 LJ
started wiring up some 4 inch led lights. Still trying to get rid of driveline vibration over 50 mph. Tried spacers, added washers , removed spacers, nothing changed. Starting to think its not the driveshaft