What did you do to your TJ today?

Guess this is what I'm doing today :confused:

20191024_123055.jpg

Cracked radiator

20191024_123104.jpg

I'm hoping this holds up until the new radiator arrives! On a positive note it couldn't be in a better spot for repair.

Today I adjusted my headlights because when I installed the new LED headlights I had over-corrected and had them pointing too low.

Then I was planning to install the new boom mat for the hard top. Earlier today, my dad was visiting so he helped me put the hard top back on, I figured I would need it on to install the boom mat. Well, open the box, take a look at the instructions - Step 1: Remove hard top.

Well yesterday I went and did some things and today they will be getting installed. I also fabricated a front speaker mount for 5.25” speakers for the dash. At the moment there is no sound in the TJ except voices and that wonderful open air sound that a Jeep makes :)

View attachment 121483

View attachment 121484
What made you go with that specific headunit?

The cable is missing from mine. How hard is it to replace? And where to buy the cable?

I got the cable from JustForJeeps.com for $54.73 shipped, but I see they have already changed the price to $61.60 before shipping. They shipped quickly and were the cheapest place I found, but this is all I have ever ordered from them, so you may want to shop around given the price change.

The part number for the cable is: 4886308AA

The install was pretty easy with the seat out. The hardest part was finding the rear connection point and then getting the cable hooked to it.

On the passenger seat you have to remove the seat belt clip, then right behind that peel the cover and foam back to see the rear connector. It is back in there a ways, and hard to reach. I used a pair of long needle nose pliers to thread the cable onto it.

This guide was helpful, but did not show the rear connection point: https://www.4x4xplor.com/seattrack.html

The pictures in this thread are really poor, just thumbnails, but they helped me find the rear connection point the best: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/seat-track-release-cable-repair-512193/

All in, it only took 30-45 minutes, so pretty easy.

I feel sorry for any
I didn't realize someone else on here had a guard like it. Cool, I'm not totally nuts! :D I really do like it and how big it is. I can't wait to get it on. Just need to do some modifications to make everything fit right. I will have to remove the little square lights I put on the bumper and possibly relocate them a little further out. Hubby will have to weld some tabs on the guard so the light bar will be able to be used still and then just have to remove the current bull bar. Should be done in 20 minutes! LOL Seriously though, I will start working on it this weekend. :D

I will most likely go purple but just don't know if that is going to be too much purple up front. If I do go purple with it, I will probably repaint the hooks black. Those get reinstalled once the guard is in place.
I feel sorry for any stray cows that get in your way 🐄😂

• Haha
Reactions: KimsJeep
Changed out the rusty outer door handles. I thought about just cleaning them up and painting them but found a pair of new ones on ebay for $20. Sanded and painted the new ones before install as added insurance. For those who have struggled with this job....I did cheat a little bit and took a hole saw to create two access holes, which makes removal and replacement of the wedges a breeze. It also makes it very simple to remove and replace the tiny lock pin on the latch itself. The other trick that helps in replacing the wedges, is to shorten them up a wee bit by grinding about 3/16" off the widest end. Makes getting them into position a little bit easier. Hope this saves somebody a little time and frustration.

View attachment 121410

View attachment 121411

View attachment 121412

View attachment 121413

View attachment 121414

THAT IS AWESOME!

Reactions: TJ Rubicus
I got the cable from JustForJeeps.com for $54.73 shipped, but I see they have already changed the price to $61.60 before shipping. They shipped quickly and were the cheapest place I found, but this is all I have ever ordered from them, so you may want to shop around given the price change.

The part number for the cable is: 4886308AA

The install was pretty easy with the seat out. The hardest part was finding the rear connection point and then getting the cable hooked to it.

On the passenger seat you have to remove the seat belt clip, then right behind that peel the cover and foam back to see the rear connector. It is back in there a ways, and hard to reach. I used a pair of long needle nose pliers to thread the cable onto it.

This guide was helpful, but did not show the rear connection point: https://www.4x4xplor.com/seattrack.html

The pictures in this thread are really poor, just thumbnails, but they helped me find the rear connection point the best: https://Jeep Forum/forum/f9/seat-track-release-cable-repair-512193/

All in, it only took 30-45 minutes, so pretty easy.
Thanks for the information. I started looking for the cable after I read your post and was hoping you would give me some more info. So the one I found on moparpartsoverstock.com was the right one. I was glad I found your post about this, I realized the other day I hadn’t looked if the jack and all the accessories were in my Jeep. They are all there but realized the seat would not tumble forward to make it easier to get the jack out.

Last edited:
Ruined perfectly good Fox 2.0 front shocks taking them off to put on Fox remote resevoirs I probably don't need, lol. They are tuned for my LJR's weight though and ride really nice.

20191024_183448_HDR.jpg

20191024_183453_HDR.jpg

20191024_183500_HDR.jpg

20191024_192757_HDR.jpg

20191024_192805.jpg

20191024_194416_HDR.jpg

20191024_211754.jpg

20191024_213538_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: L J and Kiwi TJ