What did you do to your TJ today?

New tires and installed a new windshield washer pump (glad to have that back with our winter weather and wet roads). Dang, these tires sure make for a smooth ride!

IMG-20191108-WA0003.jpg

IMG_20191108_193801.jpg

Last edited:
I also moved my sub amp under the driver’s seat and put the factory jack setup back where the amp was originally sitting. I used this RCA converter and these wire taps to hook my sub up to the factory radio. No cutting of the harness required and it tucked away nicely behind the radio. Honestly the setup sounds kickass. I had a picture of the splice but somehow it got deleted.

The factory subwoofer plug is still there, so I connected the amp turn-on lead to the 12v power at the plug, so the amp powers on and off like the factory one would have with the radio. Very happy with how it turned out!

And I’m also very happy to know my jack setup is in my vehicle once again.

Really clean setup, great work.

Very happy with the results. The paint was in really rough shape when it went in. PO’s didn’t give much love it seems. It still has a lot of imperfections, but that’s part of what makes it a Jeep. It went from a dull black/blue color to a much nicer brighter blue with mirror finish.

View attachment 52907

And because football season is around the corner...
View attachment 52908
Looks great! I know this is an older post but who's your detailer?

spread out over a couple days waiting for parts but this is what I got wrapped up today, oil change & lube - when I went to get my oil cap off the fucker wouldn't move, had to pull it off with channel locks & I spun the top right out so I ordered a new one

IMG_2510.JPG
IMG_2509.JPG
IMG_2513.JPG

Replaced my one year old driver's rear lower OEM control arm I mangled last weekend with a new one

IMG_2508.JPG

rotated the tires

IMG_2512.JPG

and the most fun part, my son & his girlfriend moved back to West Chester about 5 minutes from me & had a bunch of buddies lined up to help him so he tapped me to cater the event :D, I'm always happier than a pig in shit to cook for a crowd so he told me what he wanted & I put it together. Started Wednesday night making a batch of cold rise pizza dough, then Friday night I fired up the Kettle to hot smoke some chicken thighs & sweet Italian sausage. Went with Pecan wood for flavor & Dizzy Pig Spicy Dust for the chicken rub.

Here, letting the nasty smoke burn off

IMG_2477.JPG

patiently waiting on the thin blue

IMG_2478.JPG

about an hour after that it was all over, here's some shots of the smoked meat

IMG_2482.JPG
IMG_2483.JPG
IMG_2484.JPG
IMG_2485.JPG
IMG_2486.JPG

it was all mixed together & sauced with my own bbq sauce, a mixture of Stubbs Original, apple cider vinegar & some rub, we served this on hamburger buns, they gobbled it up like they were going to the chair

IMG_2487.JPG

Saturday morning the pizza making commenced, a fresh pineapple for the boy's girlfriend's bacon Hawaiian

IMG_2491.JPG
IMG_2492.JPG
IMG_2493.JPG
IMG_2496.JPG

this was the star of the show, a bacon hot-wing with blue cheese, used some of the smoked chicken on this with wing sauce as the base, some bacon & crumbled blue cheese in addition to the mozzarella, was freaky good

IMG_2499.JPG
IMG_2494.JPG
IMG_2497.JPG
IMG_2500.JPG
IMG_2502.JPG

all served around 2pm yesterday to great reviews, boy is all moved in, TJ is back on the road, & I'm about to sit down on the couch for the first time since last weekend

I was almost finished with my carpet install when I had to stop for the day. The center console and front seats are in, and I just need to cut attachment spots for the rear bench seat and seat belts, and get the bench installed.

I was lucky that my brother-in-law visited for the day, and the two of us got the carpet installed in about 3 hours. It was definitely a two-man job. Also, for anyone planning to do this job with the non-pre-trimmed LJ package from Auto Custom Carpets, I highly recommend removing the seats and center console. It made the job a lot easier, and I think it has a cleaner appearance with everything fully tucked under the console and seat hardware.

Here it is near the end of the process.

IMG_1613.jpg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
about an hour after that it was all over, here's some shots of the smoked meat

View attachment 124383View attachment 124384View attachment 124385View attachment 124386View attachment 124387

it was all mixed together & sauced with my own bbq sauce, a mixture of Stubbs Original, apple cider vinegar & some rub, we served this on hamburger buns, they gobbled it up like they were going to the chair

View attachment 124388
View attachment 124395View attachment 124396View attachment 124397

Why was I not invited to this? 😛

WOW, that is one good looking Jeep man.
Thank you. That means a lot. I've put a ton of time and money into it undoing and redoing, adjusting and readjusting everything the PO did except the coil springs (they are next). I wasn't going to do a build thread because I thought it was how I would build it when I bought it. After driving it and spending ridiculous amounts of time under it just looking everything over and getting to know it, the PO couldn't have been farther from "what I wanted." I definitely chalk that up to my newness and naivete to Jeeps in the beginning. So, I do plan on doing a build thread and documenting everything rather than cluttering up this thread lol, as it has been my build thread thus far.

and the most fun part, my son & his girlfriend moved back to West Chester about 5 minutes from me & had a bunch of buddies lined up to help him so he tapped me to cater the event :D, I'm always happier than a pig in shit to cook for a crowd so he told me what he wanted & I put it together. Started Wednesday night making a batch of cold rise pizza dough, then Friday night I fired up the Kettle to hot smoke some chicken thighs & sweet Italian sausage. Went with Pecan wood for flavor & Dizzy Pig Spicy Dust for the chicken rub.

Do you travel with your set-up? I may plan a move myself :LOL:

Won the war with my passenger side lower ball joint. So new ball joints, hubs and axles installed today. It was dark by the time I finished, so no pics of the finished job worth posting. Just this one of how the passenger side original axle looked when it came out.
1112C8CD-AA1D-44EF-877B-5B4B125E03AA.jpeg

Finally finished plumbing my onboard air. Had a lot of advice, and pictures of suggestions. I think it turned out pretty awesome. My Jeep had had a couple of issues so it sat for a while, and my tires were all about 21. I pumped them up in seconds each.

Thanks to @lowranger, @tomtaylz, @Alex01, for all of the advice and suggestions.

Now you guys wont have a wait an hour for me to pump my tires back up.

Will also inflate pool toys in seconds.

IMG-2137.JPG

IMG-2135.JPG