What did you do to your TJ today?

It was 65 on Saturday, so I got under the Jeep with the power washer and cleaned out rocks and dirt I found hiding up inside when I was greasing and lubing everything last week. I dumped a small pile of sand an rock out of the gas tank skid holes before they started running dirty water, then flushed it until the water ran clear.

I sprayed into all the frame holes and the top of the transfer case shovel. I had to sweep the driveway later on.

It snowed a little overnight so I got to play in 2wd and 4wd to test the stop, start, and a little skidding in the neighborhood before putting it in 4Hi and going into work. If we get more snow over a weekend I'll go out in an open area and push it around to get a feel for the limits.
Makes me wish we got snow, but only for that reason.

Where did you find the blue cap for it? Mine is currently just sitting on the bumper and I know its going to get jam packed with road debris after a while.
http://absolute-wits-end.com/quick-connect-air-coupler-pacifier/Here is where I got them, but make sure you know what quick disconnect you have. I ordered one for the ARB and then one for a quick disconnect, but it didn't fit the Milton M series. So I have to send one back to get the correct one. So either buy a new quick connect with it or make sure you know what you have when ordering.

Kind of expensive but they are really nice.

Makes me wish we got snow, but only for that reason.

When my daughter's got their first car, I took them out to a school parking lot after the first snow and made them induce a skid so they could learn how to steer into it and straighten out. I had to show them a couple times first. :D

We had to repeat the process several times in each direction until they stopped spinning out and could execute the move.

When my daughter's got their first car, I took them out to a school parking lot after the first snow and made them induce a skid so they could learn how to steer into it and straighten out. I had to show them a couple times first. :D

We had to repeat the process several times in each direction until they stopped spinning out and could execute the move.
You think maybe they enjoyed the spin out? I know I always did in controlled situations of course.

http://absolute-wits-end.com/quick-connect-air-coupler-pacifier/Here is where I got them, but make sure you know what quick disconnect you have. I ordered one for the ARB and then one for a quick disconnect, but it didn't fit the Milton M series. So I have to send one back to get the correct one. So either buy a new quick connect with it or make sure you know what you have when ordering.

Kind of expensive but they are really nice.

Mine is a Merlin that I picked up from HF. Probably wouldnt hurt to upgrade it to something a bit more durable. Thanks!

You think maybe they enjoyed the spin out? I know I always did in controlled situations of course.

Not at first. I had to show them a couple times that we weren't going to get hurt. Then it was fun.

If course the city used 1/3 of its salt budget on the first 1/4 inch snowfall. :mad:

They normally put less down as the season goes on. The white does hide it.

2019-11-11 17.36.48.jpg

Not at first. I had to show them a couple times that we weren't going to get hurt. Then it was fun.

If course the city used 1/3 of its salt budget on the first 1/4 inch snowfall. :mad:

They normally put less down as the season goes on. The white does hide it.

View attachment 124569
Boy you’re not kidding on the salt this morning. My dark blue F150 is a mess, and it was so clean before! Definitely keeping the TJ in the garage for a couple days.

Reactions: InOmaha
Wired in my Gentex rear view mirror yesterday.. used that blue bare 'switched-power' wire behind the glovebox for power when I tested it but for some reason blew a fuse doing something.. 20a small blade fuse. Those mirrors can't be drawing all that much can they?

Also removed my front cowl and cleaned out the crud from the drain baffle, cleaned up the cowl and brushed some areas with epoxy primer. Hoping that fixed my floor leak which I still have after replacing my door seals.
Got a write up on how you did it? I’ve got one lying around I took out of my Tacoma when I traded it, it would be nice to have the compass and garage door openers

Reactions: Shamu
I took mine out for a dirt/mud/snow cruise yesterday. It was on FSR365 in Missoula. The weather went from partly
fullsizeoutput_aec.jpeg

cloudy, to rain, to hail and snow. When I got back home, I wanted to power wash it. So in the middle of that it
starts to rain and hail again. Then I hear my Wife knocking on the window and giving the universal, "your nuts" hand signs. It was a good day. My life is good.

I took mine out for a dirt/mud/snow cruise yesterday. It was on FSR365 in Missoula. The weather went from partly
View attachment 124600
cloudy, to rain, to hail and snow. When I got back home, I wanted to power wash it. So in the middle of that it
starts to rain and hail again. Then I hear my Wife knocking on the window and giving the universal, "your nuts" hand signs. It was a good day. My life is good.
haha I've done that before, although with no wife I have my neighbours peering through their windows thinking the same thing Im sure haha

My grandson broke out the plastic inside pass door latch where it screws to the door so I made a bigger washer for it. Tonight I’ll order some new ones from quadratec. Got my springs painted and the other Cj hood latch done. Started on my Cj cowl vent cover.
View attachment 124529View attachment 124530View attachment 124531View attachment 124532View attachment 124533

Did you fabricate your own adapter plates for the CJ latches to go on your TJ? I've always liked the look of the CJ latches.

Did you fabricate your own adapter plates for the CJ latches to go on your TJ? I've always liked the look of the CJ latches.
Yes I used my HF mini mill after rough cutting them out with a band saw. The are made out of 1/4 inch DP with the ridges belt sanded off. I finished the edges with a dremel rotary sander. I’m thinking about getting a miniature router edge bit to break the exposed corner. Might look nicer, there are no square corners on a Tj, everything has a radius. I did a better job on the second one than the first. Supposedly my ss Cj hood parts are off a Scrambler.

Last edited: