What did you do to your TJ today?

Going to see if I can salvage the drivers side fender.
No rust but a little bit messed up in the accident.
Knocked it back into shape as much as I could.
Now its bondo time.
Fingers crossed.

Do the later TJ fenders not suffer from rust issues as much?
I'm thinking if they do both my genders must have been replaced once already as they are rust free.

20191128_093318.jpg

Used some heat and air pressure to reshape the fuel tank. I'm not quite sure what a PO did to cause it to collapse but with a little time, a good heat gun and a warm shop, poly tanks can be manipulated!!!

Before:
Screenshot_20191128-163115.png

After:
IMG_20191128_162906611.jpg

With the help of an old ice cream bucket lid a random bolt, I got it sealed enough to pressurize once I heated up the entire back side.
IMG_20191128_162937010.jpg

Used some heat and air pressure to reshape the fuel tank. I'm not quite sure what a PO did to cause it to collapse but with a little time, a good heat gun and a warm shop, poly tanks can be manipulated!!!

Before:
View attachment 126959

After:
View attachment 126960

With the help of an old ice cream bucket lid a random bolt, I got it sealed enough to pressurize once I heated up the entire back side.
View attachment 126961
Looks like he didn't know when enough is enough when he was tightening those tank straps. Wonder if he thought it was gonna fly out of that pretty much enclosed hole it sits in once the skid is mounted up to the frame ? Hell, you will probably gain a couple extra gallons on fill up now. :D

Reactions: reddvltj
Looks like he didn't know when enough is enough when he was tightening those tank straps. Wonder if he thought it was gonna fly out of that pretty much enclosed hole it sits in once the skid is mounted up to the frame ? Hell, you will probably gain a couple extra gallons on fill up now. :D
A good possibility, The skid was pretty beat up too I don't have pics of it yet, but it's getting replaced too.. :confused:

Reactions: Blondie70
Finished up my thing, trunk or whatever it is....(it is sure handy)
PB280002.JPG
No doubt, where else would you have had a place to carry those oranges? :unsure: Or is that when you don't feel like it but wife sends you to store anyhow for something she forgot. And when you get home after wheel'in down that rough country road and there's only 2 left and she wanted 2 dozen, but you let her know you had them strapped down and don't know where all the rest went? :ROFLMAO:

But it does look nice. (y)

I did this one a while back, but finally got around to taking a pic of it this morning while I was mucking about with the darn rear view mirror. A 5 gallon plastic bucket lid, a hand drill, some black rattle can paint and a red led strip with adhesive backing and spliced into the center high mounted brake light. Mrs Willy saw a JK with one like this and made the comment that I probably couldn't make one. Challenge accepted.

Besides, after having her van nearly totaled a couple of years ago when it was rear ended, I'm of the opinion you can't have too much brake lights.

Spare Brake lights.jpg

Completed my audio upgrade with 2 pair of Polk Audio db522's. The dash speakers went in alot easier than the roll bar speakers. Trying to line up the holes with the speaker bar padding in the way was a pita. Especially when I can't contort my body in tight places anymore. The dash didn't have metal braces in the way like all the YouTube videos show nor did it have any indication that braces were removed. By 02 there must have been a redesign.View attachment 126651View attachment 126652
These were the old dash speakers.View attachment 126653
The audio is much cleaner. I anticipate that next year with the top off I should be able to actually listen to music heading down the highway.
Thinking of doing this in the summer. Right now, the sound bar speakers are disabled. If I use them, the whole system sounds like garbage.

so I think I'm gonna stuff a little amp for the speaker behind the deck and run the speakers through that.

Still playing catchup with the pics. A couple of months ago, I caught an open box clearance at Wally World on a set of 6.5" Sony XS-R1646 4-way speakers for under half price. The only thing missing out of the box was any paperwork. They were a nice fit in the roll bar sound pods without having to do any cutting and sound great with rest of the stock 7 speaker setup. Enough so that I wanted to throw rocks at the old stock 5.25s. I'm hearing parts of my music now that the stock speakers never could play. I had to use a little longer screws than came with them, but everything still lined up with the stock holes.

Sony Speaker in Jeep.jpg

What's up Jeep fam! Made a video showing off glass upper window sliders for the Jeep TJ, from Bestop. Mostly positives but a couple things you should know before pulling the trigger. Really hope this is helpful! Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Last edited: