What did you do to your TJ today?

I bought the Poison Spyder ones off of Amazon, the price was right. Only con (if you see it as a con) is that they need to be painted before install. It said 14 left in stock a couple days ago when I ordered but now it says only two left, so you might want to jump on it if you're set on them.

I actually googled it too when my seat belt wouldn't come down, and I thought I was being dumb too with not holding it level, but turn out mine was too gunked up anyways.

Other people have said that it's the powder coat that causes the pin not to fit, which I can definetly see as I could almost get mine in with a hammer. I have no doubt that a bit of sand paper wrapped around a pencil will get rid of the issue.
I ended up ordering a set off Barnes with the 20% off. Roughly came out to the same price.

Reactions: Nordic
Here’s my gas bezel and door latch. I like the look. I’m not replacing the door or windshield hinges with bling though.

9D511C4D-F1DF-4D8B-96F7-AAA942B9E8FE.jpeg

A185BCE7-C2D4-4A8B-A278-4332CDC03D40.jpeg

Can you explain what you mean by "winter down time"? The only down time I know of is prescribed maintenance and breakage repair. Everytime else is wheelin time. 😉

It’s my first winter with my TJ and the salt here in Ohio wrecks havoc on them. So if I gotta do the work I may as well do it now and word it as winter down time. While it’s on stands there will be less of an impulse to drive it.

It’s my first winter with my TJ and the salt here in Ohio wrecks havoc on them. So if I gotta do the work I may as well do it now and word it as winter down time. While it’s on stands there will be less of an impulse to drive it.
I do the same. Big projects during the cold months. I want the Jeep fully functional and available during the other 3 seasons.

Reactions: Mayojeep
My Gentex mirror and how I ran my wiring (98 with no factory harness). Works for me and I tend to be real particular about things. Probably do the same going the opposite direction with my CB wiring.
View attachment 126822

View attachment 126823
Looks good! Wish you would do a write up, I have a mirror I took out of my Tacoma when I traded it

Reactions: Leroy_TJ
That makes sense. Living in eastern Washington we don't experience that amount of salt usage. We tend to use variations of liquid deicer and when it's too cold for that to work, we use a sand gravel mix. I tend to wash my TJ more often in the winter also.

Reactions: Mayojeep
That makes sense. Living in eastern Washington we don't experience that amount of salt usage. We tend to use variations of liquid deicer and when it's too cold for that to work, we use a sand gravel mix. I tend to wash my TJ more often in the winter also.
I think you'll find that the liquid deicer Washington uses is either a salt brine solution or mag-chloride, Mag being the lesser of the 2 EVILS where steel is concerned.

I think I finally found my chirp/squeak that happens after I've driven a little while and only when I hit bumps. Like the chirping u-joint sound but only one chirp per bump.

I pulled up on the park brake handle slightly while driving and it stopped. It's a little hard to do that when you drive a stick, but every time I let go to shift, chirp, every time I held the handle, quiet.

At the end to the drive, just a slight squeeze of the handle using the center console seemed to work. Which makes me think it's the pivot point of the handle. So I'll be tightening up the brake lever and cables after the holiday to see if that fixes it.

I've owned enough old creaky, squeaky, cars but this noise is like nails on chalkboard to me and high enough pitch you can still hear it over a turned up radio.
Mine does the same thing! Please keep us posted on a fix if you find one!

Going to be starting the TT today. Relocating locker pumps and installing UCF TC and engine skids. Hardware box was busted open on delivery so I had to buy more hardware. Painted steel parts and leaving aluminum parts naked. Should be set now. Was also able to source 18/2 shielded cable (although not needed) at Mendelsons Liquidation on closeout 25ft for $1.88.

20191121_180805.jpg