What did you do to your TJ today?

mushdogs

TJ Enthusiast
Joined
May 24, 2019
Messages
301
Location
Plain. WA
Welp, TFB(ThatFukkinBitch) didn't start. Cranked quite well but didn't even try to catch and I have fuel pressure at the rail and a CEL (go figure :rolleyes: ), hopefully the timing is off 180. Time to walk away for a bit.
One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a Chief Engineer I sailed with years ago: “When you get to “that” point, go make a sammich, sit down and ponder while you eat. Solution usually comes to you.”
30 years later I still follow that.
 

orange52

New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2020
Messages
6
Location
50322
Picked up a trailer hitch today (freebie) but didn't feel like laying on cold wet pavement to install it.
There's no name brand one it. Anyone familiar with this style? who made it, etc...
hitch.jpg
 

Ephry73

TJ Enthusiast
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
192
Location
10603
How did you get the Double din to fit? I've been wanting to move to a stereo with a screen for a while, just haven't been able to figure out how to fit it.
The HU itself has a double tin face, but the business part of it is single din. Purchased a new bezel that allows and fits a double din radio(same as LJ mentioned before Metra 95-6549 Dash Kit from Crutchfield) and the rest was pretty straight forward. Not the greatest quality, but it fits well, works and was a simple fix. I cut the mount in half to just fit what I needed an routed everything under it bundled up neatly, just in case I need to service anything. Will probably get a USB flush mount to add to the bezel instead of the dangler setup now for the USB. Just to clean things up. Having the XM as well as radio and US plus the Bluetooth connectivity is a welcome change from the previous setup. Not to mention now I can voice to text in case I need to.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: dschwes

Ephry73

TJ Enthusiast
Joined
Nov 11, 2019
Messages
192
Location
10603
Replaced the old drag link and re-greased all components I could that had zerk fittings on the front end. The passenger side boot was missing and although there was grease there, the tie rod was not working right. Added a "cure" puck as well while at it. Alignment is almost there. Will probably upgrade the tie rod next to match the new drag link. All in all, not a bad job. Could have done it in less than an hour if I didn't go in the front to check for rust and do some preventative work since it was nice out this weekend.

tierod old and new.jpg


tierod old and new 2.jpg


tierod old and new 3.jpg