What did you do to your TJ today?

While you have the fenders off take a look inside the bump stop mounts and clean out the crud that tends to accumulate.

You can put these in too to prevent future crud collection.

577b9997-08e0-48da-afdf-3b0c22a3f4ee.jpg
IMG_6892.JPG

Installed an amp and pre wired for a new console sub woofer that I’ve now settled on. Stole an idea from someone else on the forum to mount it under the steering column but I did it slightly different. Welded up this bracket and it utilized the two column bolts behind the panel under the steering wheel. Fits nice and tidy.

5327C21D-34E6-4B72-A577-6C550EC019E6.jpeg

Gave up looking for a press in grease zerk and bought some threaded style. Hubby tapped the shock to except the threads. Now I just need to install the links!! :D

C595A8C5-6D86-42E1-97FC-CB0081DF7EE5.jpeg

Depending on the weather, I may tackle it tomorrow. I almost did it today, but after I got the Jeep backed out so I could work on it, and started to look things over, I just wansn't feeling it. LOL Parked it and called it a day. :D

Found some motivation this weekend. Genright ext crawler tank provides so much room and clearance! Got rock crawler rear springs installed too. Supposed to be 4.5" but only getting 4".

20200105_142108_HDR.jpg

20200105_142118_HDR.jpg

20200105_142128_HDR.jpg

20200105_142140_HDR.jpg

ARB compressor is installed, but I need an 8-10AWG to 3/8" ring terminal to hook up the ground wire and finish the wiring job. Next up will be planning out the air lines.

Spod is modded and installed, and so is the stock air cleaner. I removed the winch interrupt solenoid. I have to make a bracket to relocate it, and make a cable from the solenoid to the battery.

I attempted to eliminate the mil-spec style battery terminals, but wasn't able to. So, now I'm checking out power distribution block options.

I installed the Hella "yellow" horns, so now my LJ's horn sounds a lot like my Outback. Not sure if that's an improvement or step-backward from the old horn.

View attachment 132626

View attachment 132627
Do you have a link to where you bought the horns? And did you re-use the original mounting bracket?

So lets start with the fact that I am NOT a mechanic but technically inclined. I'm a YouTube mechanic..... Real mechanics start cringing now! :)

I did manage to swap out all of my rusted brake lines with a stainless pre-bent kit, valve cover gasket to a new Fel-Pro, Oil change, Red Rock 4x4 cold air intake and new rear washer motor.

Next up.... Modded switch cluster and LED spotlights.

I will take more pictures because that's the important part!!

Do you have a link to where you bought the horns? And did you re-use the original mounting bracket?

Amazon Link The were on sale for ~$15 a few weeks ago. I didn't use a relay, the factory signal is/appears to be strong enough.

I used the main part of the original bracket. The factory setup uses two brackets- one attaches to the body, the other attaches both horns to the main bracket. Each Hella horn is accompanied by three thin metal brackets. I attached one horn to the OEM bracket along with the three metal Hella brackets. Then, I bolted the Hella brackets together in a "V" shape. For wiring I attached a 1/4" male/spade quick disconnect terminals to the Jeep wires. Then I made a "Y" cable with 1/4" female/spade quick disconnect terminals. I protected the terminals and crimp jobs with shrink wrap. Currently at work, so I don't have close-up photo to post.

Amazon Link The were on sale for ~$15 a few weeks ago. I didn't use a relay, the factory signal is/appears to be strong enough.

I used the main part of the original bracket. The factory setup uses two brackets- one attaches to the body, the other attaches both horns to the main bracket. Each Hella horn is accompanied by three thin metal brackets. I attached one horn to the OEM bracket along with the three metal Hella brackets. Then, I bolted the Hella brackets together in a "V" shape. For wiring I attached a 1/4" male/spade quick disconnect terminals to the Jeep wires. Then I made a "Y" cable with 1/4" female/spade quick disconnect terminals. I protected the terminals and crimp jobs with shrink wrap. Currently at work, so I don't have close-up photo to post.
Thanks, I just ordered the horns. When you get home, Can you post the close-up?