What did you do to your TJ today?

Thanks, I just ordered the horns. When you get home, Can you post the close-up?

The rounded bracket = OEM/Jeep. Square brackets = Hella. The Hella brackets are bolted together at the bottom.

20200106_175140.jpg

20200106_175215.jpg

Reactions: MountaineerTom
My dad and I painted the hardtop today. I bought it back in early December and I wanted to paint it before installing. Used rustoleum satin black with a spray gun. I was initially gonna go the spray can route (Krylon Fusion or SEM), but I wasn't sure how many cans we'd need and rustoleum would be the cheaper route since my dad already has a spray gun.

IMG_20200105_124455.jpg

IMG_20200106_111512.jpg

IMG_20200106_145136.jpg

In the last week or so I ordered about $300 worth of (mopar)parts; water pump, thermostat, (Special :rolleyes: )exhaust flange nuts and bolts, nutserts, etc. this not including all the other odds and ends. This thing is fifty dollaring me to death.

Mods?! Fuck mods, can't afford any, I'm just trying to have a stock TJ that runs and drives!!

I've decided to NOT keep a total of what I've spent on "You Fuggin Beotch" (my jeeps name. lol) because I think it would make me cry to know the truth.

There, I got it off my chest. I feel better now.....:)

In the last week or so I ordered about $300 worth of (mopar)parts; water pump, thermostat, (Special :rolleyes: )exhaust flange nuts and bolts, nutserts, etc. this not including all the other odds and ends. This thing is fifty dollaring me to death.

Mods?! Fuck mods, can't afford any, I'm just trying to have a stock TJ that runs and drives!!

I've decided to NOT keep a total of what I've spent on "You Fuggin Beotch" (my jeeps name. lol) because I think it would make me cry to know the truth.

0812191712.jpg

My wife took in the Highlander the other day to fix a recall issue. It's was a minor thing, that was still working fine, but was on the list. I think Toyota recalled it themselves to get people in, because after inspection they had a list of $3,100 in repairs they could do. Including multiple things I had already done as part of general maintenance in the last year.

$700 to replace the spark plugs (must be triple platinum, gold plated plugs and wires). $1000 to replace the front struts. $300 to find where the oil on the back of the engine was coming from, etc, etc, etc,. And I needed brakes even though I redid those last week. I replaced the plugs last year and they are clean. The oil is from some I spilled during the last oil change in November when I tried to add just a little more without the funnel. Apparently, if it's not in their system as being repaired then it hasn't been and needs it. That's the extent of their inspection.

Your $300 in parts represents about $4000 in work for a dealership. :poop:

Did an under the hood wash and under carriage frame and body mount channel flush. Got an unexpected amount of sand and mud off roading Sunday. Also picked up a pair of used KC daylighters off craigslist. For the time being they’re not wired up. I just like the look. I’ll eventually get around to it. Maybe.

6CBEF33F-8FB6-4824-B2EE-A49D041DB2DE.jpeg

2306A6D2-6AF7-4AA2-AB23-016235F17D77.jpeg

Got tabs for it Since they expired last month, took all my stuff out the back so I could reinstall my back seat and 4point harness and then drive it back to my house!! It’s the first time it’s been back in over 3 1/2 years Now I need to get a spot cleaned up in the garage for it

404CD01F-6060-43B8-8046-22C7CD940543.jpeg

Got tabs for it Since they expired last month, took all my stuff out the back so I could reinstall my back seat and 4point harness and then drive it back to my house!! It’s the first time it’s been back in over 3 1/2 years Now I need to get a spot cleaned up in the garage for it

View attachment 133205
Why do you have to put the back seat back in....kids ??

Yep, I have one, he usually rides up front but with the snow we may get this week my wife may ride in it also. Plus I’m probably gonna do a snow run soon and this way he can bring a friend
Ahhh ok gotcha...Who gets to ride shot gun then?...mmm :unsure: lol caught between a rock and hard place me thinks hehe

Reactions: Blondie70
Got my controller I ordered for my Smittybilt Winch. It stole something from whoever it came from. LOL

Something was stuck to the magnet part of the controller and because the package was torn open, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a bracket to hold the controller and I was missing parts or what? So I did a search on the part number on the package.

DFB9043B-68D3-4993-9788-E6A779629236.jpeg

This is what it looks like,

cwa-55397093ac_ml.jpg

Now I just need to buy a 2007-2016 JK. LOL

This is what the parts search came up with... Hard Top Hardware, Replacement Nut 2007- 2016 JK :D

Got my controller I ordered for my Smittybilt Winch. It stole something from whoever it came from. LOL

Something was stuck to the magnet part of the controller and because the package was torn open, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a bracket to hold the controller and I was missing parts or what? So I did a search on the part number on the package.

View attachment 133231

This is what it looks like,

View attachment 133232

Now I just need to buy a 2007-2016 JK. LOL

This is what the parts search came up with... Hard Top Hardware, Replacement Nut 2007- 2016 JK :D
That's taking the phrase 'I'm building my Jeep from the ground up' a little too far haha