What did you do to your TJ today?

While in process of removing my seats, and seat brackets, to get ready to lay down NOICO Mat, a Torx Button Head Bolt, that holds down a rear seat bracket, broke off. Quite a time getting broke bolt out,but finally did so. Yesterday, I was at the auto recycling yard trying to find a replacement. There must have been around 8 Jeeps, but nothing near the 2003 TJ that mine is. It seems that in later years, Jeep started installing a bit larger diameter bolt in both seat bracket and seat belt hold down. I looked in Jeeps, as well as many other MOPAR vehicles, but no luck.
if someone is parting out a TJ, and has one of these bolts, I would be happy to buy and pay for shipping to 23831. Again, it’s the Torx Button Head bolt, that holds down the rear seat bracket on 2003 Jeep TJ Sport. Thanks in advance.
4DA487AA-2577-41A4-8C56-37E96D808B9B.jpeg

Reactions: jazngab and matkal
DIY limb risers. Cut the brackets, used watercraft steering quick release cable ends w/ball studs and had the local hardware store crimp some extra long threaded studs to coated cable, cut off the old threads and threaded to metric. Now I can take them on and off quickly if I don’t want them on non woods days.

C812E42B-C14E-4C6D-B35E-6973D49E0850.jpeg

DIY limb risers. Cut the brackets, used watercraft steering quick release cable ends w/ball studs and had the local hardware store crimp some extra long threaded studs to coated cable, cut off the old threads and threaded to metric. Now I can take them on and off quickly if I don’t want them on non woods days.

View attachment 160107

Thanks for the close up! Gave me some ideas. I also like your thinking on the quick disconnect. I wouldn't want to run them for daily driving either. Just when we plan to go to the trails. The last trail I did had a lot of overgrowth and my windshield did most of the clearing. LOL

While in process of removing my seats, and seat brackets, to get ready to lay down NOICO Mat, a Torx Button Head Bolt, that holds down a rear seat bracket, broke off. Quite a time getting broke bolt out,but finally did so. Yesterday, I was at the auto recycling yard trying to find a replacement. There must have been around 8 Jeeps, but nothing near the 2003 TJ that mine is. It seems that in later years, Jeep started installing a bit larger diameter bolt in both seat bracket and seat belt hold down. I looked in Jeeps, as well as many other MOPAR vehicles, but no luck.
if someone is parting out a TJ, and has one of these bolts, I would be happy to buy and pay for shipping to 23831. Again, it’s the Torx Button Head bolt, that holds down the rear seat bracket on 2003 Jeep TJ Sport. Thanks in advance.
View attachment 160050

Can you just get some grade 8 hex head bolts from the hardware store that have matching threads? (if the heads will fit inside the brackets along with a socket)

First off... Looks great!!! Glad you're loving it too!!

Now to your question, it's really hard to tell from the straight on pic but it looks like the sway bar is going to hit the disconnect pin on the frame when your axle drops, that would be my only real concern from this angle.

I tried to take some pics from the front. One I am holding a tent stake of some sort to try to show that is just barely clears. The adjustment the links are at now, I can only move those pins up or down. Either way, they would still be close to the sway bar.

1ADEAD8C-2FF5-4D44-8C72-1204F04286DF.jpeg
B39689E7-3CC0-4654-9D26-6BAD25BF80A4.jpeg

As far as what did I do today, I went around and touched up any rock chips and such in my purple paint. To do that, I spray paint into a bathroom cup and use a Qtip to brush or dab the paint. Well today I learned you can't use plastic bathroom cups. LOL Going to have to buy some more paper cups. :D

BB4AB526-328F-4CEA-82B1-A64FA8080FB0.jpeg

See the purple drops on the concrete? LOL
B4A79B05-9EE9-46C2-97D2-E9CEEA93D69D.jpeg

Savvy shifter came in today. Boxes are really starting to pile up and I can’t quite get the consecutive days I need to get everything knocked out in one sitting. So far the shifter, sye, driveshaft, new skid, diff cover, and a few other odds and ends are all standing by. But man will I be relieved and ready for a ride when it’s all said and done!

A26D1663-8ECB-44CB-B9C6-424EAE424544.jpeg

I tried to take some pics from the front. One I am holding a tent stake of some sort to try to show that is just barely clears. The adjustment the links are at now, I can only move those pins up or down. Either way, they would still be close to the sway bar.

View attachment 160187View attachment 160188
You'd be the best judge if they'll clear or not. it does look close in thee pics but with the sway bar attached to the axle I doubt you're going to articulate or have enough axle droop to hit the pins. (y) (y)

Thanks for the close up! Gave me some ideas. I also like your thinking on the quick disconnect. I wouldn't want to run them for daily driving either. Just when we plan to go to the trails. The last trail I did had a lot of overgrowth and my windshield did most of the clearing. LOL
@KimsJeep I think you need a sheet of plexiglass across them so when the bridge dwellers throw rocks at you they bounce back and hit them in the face!

EDIT: if you still have your stock sway bar links, measure them and add 2" or whatever your lift is. That is where your QD's should ride (minus the new bracket).

You'd be the best judge if they'll clear or not. it does look close in thee pics but with the sway bar attached to the axle I doubt you're going to articulate or have enough axle droop to hit the pins. (y) (y)

Yah, I looked up the instructions for the links and it shows a pic of the sway bar being level, then up 10 degrees. So I went out and extended the links up a bit. I also removed the pins for now and will redrill the holes for them another day. They should be out of the way once they are in their new positions. Should make them more in the bigger curve area of the sway bar. :D

Reactions: reddvltj
@KimsJeep I think you need a sheet of plexiglass across them so when the bridge dwellers throw rocks at you they bounce back and hit them in the face!

EDIT: if you still have your stock sway bar links, measure them and add 2" or whatever your lift is. That is where your QD's should ride (minus the new bracket).

Hey, now that is a good idea. LOL

I basically copied the Steinjager version, they have some good photos and the kit if you don’t want to build it.

Reactions: KimsJeep
Found a suitable bowl to use as a backing to the speaker I installed in my center console. The bad news is that I'm out of 1/4" flat washers so can't re-assemble said console until tomorrow.