What did you do to your TJ today?

I finally drove my TJ today!! Had ACL surgery a few weeks back on my left knee, and today after my 3rd PT session my therapist said I’m doing good and to “let pain be my guide. If it hurts too much to push the clutch then don’t push it.” So I drove to the gas station to get a Diet Coke. It was awesome.

Yesterday, (love was such an easy game to play) I installed the roll cage kit which took quite a bit longer than I expected but then, I also helped the neighbors with their project for a while...so anyway, got it done except that I now have one bolt I have to dig out with an easy-out-like-device cause it rounded out and six other bolts that I will be getting decent replacements for.
IMG_20200607_181831.jpg

All-in-all, it's a really nice kit, especially for the price. But, as is typical for Chinese built stuff, the hardware is sub-par. If you get this kit (I would definitely get it again), do yourself a favor and be VERY careful when torquing down the bolts on all of the connectors, that is, except for the button-top bolts that go through the A pillar struts on either side of the dashboard...for those, don't even bother, go get better (and 1/4" to 1/2" longer) replacements before you even start. I almost rounded out two of them trying to get them tight...just barely got them loose and out without having to resort to an easy-out. And there is no need to get button-head bolts like the ones it comes with instead of standard socket head, they have less meat on the head and, in this case, don't buy you anything for the loss.

I don't want to create a new thread for such a trivial question but, can anyone with a Rubicon do a quick measurement on the "RUBICON" sticker on their hood and tell me how wide it is? Thanks in advance.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Do you ever just get so pissed off that frustration takes over and you just start ripping s*** out? Happened to me today. I do have to say though it's not the first time lol.

I got the roll bar painted just fine inside the Jeep when I went to put on clear coat it wrinkled up like tissue paper. The base coat had already been drying for 48 hours.

IMG_20200609_135958.jpg

IMG_20200609_140044.jpg

Do you ever just get so pissed off that frustration takes over and you just start ripping s*** out? Happened to me today. I do have to say though it's not the first time lol.

I got the roll bar painted just fine inside the Jeep when I went to put on clear coat it wrinkled up like tissue paper. The base coat had already been drying for 48 hours.

View attachment 168665

View attachment 168666
That sucks man, sand and respray those spots?

Is that a 15" wheel and if so which brake light did you use? I've looked at several and the reviews all seem to say they don't work well on a 15" wheel. Yours looks good I would get that one.
Yes, it's 15". I'm happy with the light, but I wish the plug worked for the tj like it does the jk. Took longer to install than ot should have.

I just got the wheels & tires this spring. Debated getting 16's because the tires were cheaper, but stuck with 15's.