What did you do to your TJ today?

Replaced the passenger sway bar link. I also forgot to take a wrench off of the front bumper. It came off about 1/2 mile down the road on the way to dinner. Recovered safely...stupid lesson learned.

Plans the next few days:
Wire powered sub and reassemble consol.
Drill additional holes for new bumper
Weld nut plate to secure new bumper to frame
Wheel it at Topless Day in NE PA

Repainted the fenders and made some new door straps since one was useless Velcro.

IMG_20200610_175026.jpg

IMG_20200610_204521.jpg

IMG_20200610_204300.jpg

Replaced the passenger sway bar link. I also forgot to take a wrench off of the front bumper. It came off about 1/2 mile down the road on the way to dinner. Recovered safely...stupid lesson learned.

Plans the next few days:
Wire powered sub and reassemble consol.
Drill additional holes for new bumper
Weld nut plate to secure new bumper to frame
Wheel it at Topless Day in NE PA
I did that with a Makita cordless drill (set in behind a Warn 8274 winch mount) and another time with a snap-on ratchet and 10mm deep socket😭😭😭

Unfortunately neither time did I find said tools

Finally made some brackets? Tabs? The red things.....to hold my axe and shovel to the rear tire carrier.
Check out the cool dingo with the Detroit locker bandanna.

View attachment 168958

View attachment 168959

View attachment 168960
Love how your "Extremely Rightwing" sticker is on the left side of your bumper 😆
Replaced a battery. Good times.
I hope to drive it to work tomorrow but am nervous as what if there is a pop up shower.
Bring a pop-up bar of soap!

Not exactly today but over past few weeks.

Installed Windstar cowl intake in prep for GR high lines.
Replaced old dry, crumbling wire loom in many places in engine bay.
Replaced leaking valve cover gasket.
Replaced injector insulator shield with new OEM part from eBay

IMG_3921.jpg
IMG_3922.jpg
IMG_3928.jpg
IMG_3924.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

I did something very similar last week. My favorite 1/2” ratchet and my extensions made a 35mi round trip on top of my winch

9F699464-4081-4EF2-805D-FD5A1FFA1107.jpeg

Reactions: DougB and Ericict
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Reactions: DougB
Reactions: DougB