What did you do to your TJ today?

My spring plates for the rear axle were sent out yesterday from Minnesota, meanwhile I bought a new skit plate for the fuel tank

20200611_131435.jpg

Friends, I have a confession to make. Everytime I've had to work in the engine bay I open and rest the hood on the top of the windshield frame. I haven't been doing this just because Wranglers can do that, but because I didn't know Wranglers had a hood prop rod. I just learned last night that my TJ, just like every other damn car I've owned, has a hood prop rod. I feel like a dope.

Definitely something to look into. Any cooler air at all, or just cleanup of the engine bay?
Air is most likely cooler but that was not the intended benefit. Needed to move away from stock intake to make room for GenRight high line fenders. I do not like open element filters like K&N, even with a pre-filter sock, so I wanted something with a factory paper type filter and of the options I had seen others do, I preferred this one. I just made some changes to suit my particular setup.

I have not noticed any added intake noise as some others have mentioned they get with this Windstar intake.

Well I upgraded to some 5 1/4" Polk Audio speakers in the dash of my TJ. The 4x6 were actually some decent Kenwood speakers much better than the Clarion ones in my Sons Jeep so I figured I would swap them out for him while I was at it. I found several problems when I opened up the dash including striped wire ends just shoved in the factory clip, one of the speakers was hooked up opposite polarity, but the funniest was how they were "mounted". The plates were bent to crap to be able to shove them in place, each one had 1 screw at the top and get this.... rolled up electrical tape fished through the bottom mounting holes on the speaker and threaded through the screw holes in the dash... LMAO. The things people will to to cars I tell ya!

IMG_2465.jpg

Air is most likely cooler but that was not the intended benefit. Needed to move away from stock intake to make room for GenRight high line fenders. I do not like open element filters like K&N, even with a pre-filter sock, so I wanted something with a factory paper type filter and of the options I had seen others do, I preferred this one. I just made some changes to suit my particular setup.

I have not noticed any added intake noise as some others have mentioned they get with this Windstar intake.
Definitely something to think about. Ilike the idea of clearing that area where the air box sits for a winch control box and other things. Maybe there is an airbox muffler/baffle step in the airbases not making the noise?

Definitely something to think about. Ilike the idea of clearing that area where the air box sits for a winch control box and other things. Maybe there is an airbox muffler/baffle step in the airbases not making the noise?
Not much to this airbox and certainly no baffles inside. I'm running an OEM Wix paper filter. Just lucky or poor hearing? lol