What did you do to your TJ today?

There are plenty of mufflers that are labeled inlet and outlet that aren't directional. The label is sometimes just there for application specific mufflers. For example I run an econoline van muffler on mine backwards. The muffler is labeled directional and has an arrow just because with the inlet offset it wont fit in the van backwards. The internals aren't directional.

Mine is a Flowmaster 40. From what I’ve read, they’re directional 😒 but I think a shop might be able to just reverse the muffler in lieu of me having to replace it. I’m going to a shop tomorrow to have them assess it🤞

Last edited:
A configuration I never thought I would use. Top off and doors on. Going to check out a hard top this morning.

IMG_5758.jpeg

Been that, done there. The PO either replaced the windshield or had it replaced not long before I purchased it. Whoever did it did a lousy job of getting the surround gaskets seated properly, inside and out, and while I was doing the resto work on the frame, I also managed to make a lovely crack across the passenger section of the glass while attempting to make it fit better.
I do feel your self-induced pain, my brother!
Thanks man, it needed one really, had some strange fog and was hard to keep really clean, like it was etched, so I'm at peace with it now. I just wanted to deal with it on my terms.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
New to the Jeep world, but love it so far. New tires and wheels today! Next up.. paint job!

View attachment 185172
@Hog runs all the Sahara stuff on here, so he can tell you what all you have to do.

I love Navarre and that entire area down there.

Welcome to the forum, all you need to know is right here.

Several weeks ago, I added a rocker switch down near the parking brake to "enable" the factory fog lite wiring. Today, I added a fog lite inhibit relay - the key must be ON for the fog lites to work. There's something to be said for having the fog lites work independent of the key, but there's also something to be said for not accidentally running one's battery flat because the switch location on the shifter escutcheon with the parking brake pointing right at it *is* conducive to bumping the fog lites on by mistake and not knowing about it.
Why did you not just install the switch in the dash panel? Just curious.

Why did you not just install the switch in the dash panel? Just curious.
I went around and around with myself about where to put the switch. The stock switch panel is already full, so it was either down where I put eventually put it, or on the knee/kick/whatever panel under the steering column/instrument panel. As I sit very close to the dash when driving, the latter wasn't a good choice to my mind, so down on the shift escutcheon it went. I have room for one more, *maybe* two there. I can at least see the switch there.

Reactions: Fonz54
Drove it up to the top of what I think is about the roughest local trail around. Has some rocks in the beginning and a lot of wash outs crossing the road in addition to being quite overgrown. I didn't get any pics of the rough parts but it was a lot of fun and took a little thought on a few spots. I believe the cabins at the top are an old sawmill or logging camp. It was getting late by the time we got up there so I didn't go down any of the other trails at the top but there seems to be quite a few up there.

View attachment 179759

View attachment 179760

Can you spot the salamander?
View attachment 179761

No step on snek
View attachment 179762
Where is this in CA?

Just an update on this now that its been there for a few weeks: Interior temps are NOTICEABLY cooler. As in "quite a bit" subjectively.

As for today, I finished painting my instrument cluster surround, should be able to put it back on tomorrow. Still waiting for my new head unit - Goddess only knows where it is, because tracking sure isn't helping. I ordered my CB radio stuff after I ordered the head unit, and the CB arrived 2 days ago!

That's OK, its supposed to rain cats and dogs here pretty soon, so I'm stuck inside. Figured I might as well henna my hair which was at least 3 weeks over due. 6 hour process, went on at 1230, I can rinse it out at 1830.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I went around and around with myself about where to put the switch. The stock switch panel is already full, so it was either down where I put eventually put it, or on the knee/kick/whatever panel under the steering column/instrument panel. As I sit very close to the dash when driving, the latter wasn't a good choice to my mind, so down on the shift escutcheon it went. I have room for one more, *maybe* two there. I can at least see the switch there.

Does your TJ not have the factory multi-function stalk that turns the factory fogs on?

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat