What did you do to your TJ today?

You are starting a job at the mall? Let me guess hot topic? Or Cinnabon? 🤣
Y'all haven't heard 😱 4WP are opening new stores at the malls now! That way their clientele doesn't have to drive out if the way to buy parts!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: and yes it is next door to Victoria's Secret, because it is the new Hot topic!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :cool: 🤫

You are starting a job at the mall? Let me guess hot topic? Or Cinnabon? 🤣
Weenie on a Stick?
images.jpg

Changed the oil. Installed a stahlbus valve for easier changes next time. Engine skid makes oil changes a mess. Changed the spark plugs since I hit 84k miles.

Started the jeep up to check for oil leaks and noticed dripping from the ac drain but the jeep has been sitting for a few days. It's not water and has the orange coolant tint to it. Damn it!

Any recommendations on a heater core since everything is out of stock it seems? Performance radiator is out of stock.
Just did my first oil change since installing the Stahlbus valve. That thing is slick

Curious as to what if anything needs to be done to the PCM when switching from Manual Trans to Auto?
I know that 97-04 can be programmed to be either auto or manual (03-04) have a separate TCM, but 05-06 the integrated the TCM into the PCM and they were two separate versions. For instance my manual PCM on my 05 was missing the pins entirely for the transmission plug. The auto computer is also much bigger.

I know that 97-04 can be programmed to be either auto or manual (03-04) have a separate TCM, but 05-06 the integrated the TCM into the PCM and they were two separate versions. For instance my manual PCM on my 05 was missing the pins entirely for the transmission plug. The auto computer is also much bigger.
Thanks!

Does the PCM track mileage? If you're swapping to an auto PCM, will your odometer report the mileage from the donor?

Does the PCM track mileage? If you're swapping to an auto PCM, will your odometer report the mileage from the donor?
No, mileage is stored in the cluster. You should have your VIN programmed to the PCM though just for emission purposes (in an area where that applies).

Ordered a Revolution rear axle back on 2/28/22 (Dana 44 TJ Disk Brake 4140 Chrom-Moly Rear Axle Kit, 87-06 TJ (DC-Dana 44-TJ-1) and today Brandon called to validate part was ready to ship. Apparently there was a Spicer part holding up shipping. Looking forward to installing when it gets here.

Washed off the mud I picked up sightseeing with the bhoys last weekend. Used the pressure washer at work. Took the time to wash out the frame. Sprayed it at different spots front and rear, till the water looked clear. Second time I have washed it in the time I have owned it.

No clean pics but this will have to tide y'all over.
gregsexcellentadventure010.jpg

Replaced my Bilstein 5100 series shocks with Rancho RS5000X shocks. Replaced the rubber isolators on top of all four springs. Swapped out the polyurethane bumpstops back to the factory yellow bumpstops. Adjusted the bumpstops so I now have 1" more travel before they "bump". Tightened up my Currie AntiRock bars at the torsion bar so no more wiggle in the bars (& new grade-8 hardware). Does it ride any different? Hard to tell. I've got stiff Rubicon Express lift springs, and new Mickey Thompson Baja Boss AT tires (E-rated tires with three-ply sidewalls - stiff heavy tires!).

Last edited: