What did you do to your TJ today?

Did my front brakes and put on the centramatics- they feel good but also kill acceleration- might run them 100 miles to true the tires- then yank ‘em.

Brakes looked fat, but were really noisy. Much better.

Might do plugs while we weld -

Rock rail day with @Hog -

Love hanging with this guy-

These are gonna look great.

4467088B-0FD4-4E74-9CF9-A674385A0129.jpeg

97C6ACEA-9DF1-4DD7-AF04-9527CF7272FD.jpeg

image.jpg

I also replaced the fuse on the “cigar lighter” circuit.

The cool thing was I googled it, and an old thread here came up, and @Jerry Bransford said what to do.

And I realized, the advice was from the past, from a person who is alive today- it was sort of like time travel- then I wondered, did Jerry go back in time and post that so I could find it on that thread? I mean that is going out of your way right there. That’s Jerry for you.

How old was he? He was pretty smart then too, I’ll tell you that.

Then I wondered if I hit like, does it means I like it now, or would have liked it then? Or both?

I bet when Jerry dies he will still post stuff regularly.

I need this post so i can do the same. Now, or later.

Took the doors off and went north to the cabin today.. but something is on its way out in the clutch so I ended up pretty much returning home as soon as I got up there.

bought some etorx sockets on my way home and am currently trying to work up the energy to pull the trans for the third time.

first time it was off was to replace the clutch as the new owner of the vehicle with a Luk.
second time was to replace the failed plastic Luk throwout bearing with IIRC a Mopar throwout maybe 20k miles into the new clutch.
third time 🤷‍♂️ theres some weird ass spontaneous noise like running over sheet metal on the road maybe occurring twice in a hours time. the noise changes when pressing the clutch pedal but is still very present and doesn't sound anything like what ive heard for failed throwout bearing ever.

Went for a nice Sunday drive and had a Peppered steak pie 🥧 to relax with.
IMG_3783.jpeg

Very strong winds and the tail end of a storm last night made for some dramatic scenery on the West coast. (Yes the sand is Black its eroded volcanic rock...it has a very high Iron content so high you can it up with a magnet)
IMG_3820.jpeg

IMG_3815.jpeg

IMG_3816.jpeg

IMG_3813.jpeg

IMG_3817.jpeg

IMG_3796.jpeg

IMG_3823.jpeg

And to round off the day I missed the train 😉
IMG_3826.jpeg

View attachment 428072
Very strong winds and the tail end of a storm last night made for some dramatic scenery on the West coast. (Yes the sand is Black its eroded volcanic rock...it has a very high Iron content so high you can it up with a magnet)
View attachment 428073

View attachment 428074

View attachment 428075

View attachment 428076

View attachment 428077

View attachment 428078

View attachment 428080
View attachment 428079

Now I’m hungry

View attachment 428072
View attachment 428073

View attachment 428074

View attachment 428075

View attachment 428076

View attachment 428077

View attachment 428078

View attachment 428080
View attachment 428079

Well I hate that you missed the train with you were still in one of the prettiest places in the world- love you posts.

After a really great with day @Hog ..visualizing success as usual 🤣..... We got his rock bars on and I got my 2004 dialed in- Some brake noise and new plugs. Spark plugs are funny- You’re sure you don’t need some until you put a set in, then wow.

After that my wife and I went to the Alabama Jubilee balloon festival- It was really one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen- Right until they took the Tweety Bird balloon down. Boy It was sooo over then.

Next year I’m going to bring a 22 caliber rifle with rat shot.
Those look great for target practice.

CFF4C48D-11BC-4BBA-8FC2-6BE23061C9BB.jpeg

4D718321-8001-4116-BB9B-4F6429493AF5.jpeg

I have said this before and still mean it- get to know a forum member. Becoming friends with @Hog has been a bright spot in my life these past few years.

I looked at those but ended up deciding to build custom cables myself (part of a whole trip down a rabbit hole when I put my winch on that included a high output alternator and AGM battery). I'm very satisfied with how the cables turned out and would do the same again but by the time I bought all the stuff and some tools, the cost was more than the kit listed above.

I looked at those but ended up deciding to build custom cables myself (part of a whole trip down a rabbit hole when I put my winch on that included a high output alternator and AGM battery). I'm very satisfied with how the cables turned out and would do the same again but by the time I bought all the stuff and some tools, the cost was more than the kit listed above.

I want to do that alternator mod.all those electrical cable mods actually🇺🇲