What did you do to your TJ today?

If he still does it, contact @mrblaine . You can get a Dorman brand 42RLE transmission pan off of Amazon that has a drain plug in it. Drop ship it to him and he’ll braze a bung in for a temp sensor and ship it back to you. Contact him for pricing and shipping.

I still do it.

Replaced control arms on the Tj with Clayton arms, finally got rid of that useless drop pitman arm. Changed out both front and rear trac bars. Clayton arms fit well, previous owner must have had a stretchy tape measure because nothing was square. All set now!

1000020123.jpg

20240329_171119.jpg

20240329_171224.jpg

20240329_171210.jpg

Finally got my spot light switch installed and the seat heater switches wired up ready for the new seats to go in.

When I get new axles, the lower 4 spots will be front locker, rear locker, air compressor, and something else.

View attachment 514816

View attachment 514817

Love your setup!

Do you know where I can get the switches for the heated seats? I couldn't find them the last time I looked.

Edit: Found them :)

Last edited:
Love your setup!

Do you know where I can get the switches for the heated seats? I couldn't find them the last time I looked.

Edit: Found them :)

Here is where I got the switch.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2664361086...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

I just used the rocker from that switch on an OEM fog light switch so the back lighting worked. You'll need the OEM switch and the wiring pig tail to replicate what I did fully. If you don't care about the back lights working, you can just get the switch above.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2664361086...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

I just used the rocker from that switch on an OEM fog light switch so the back lighting worked. You'll need the OEM switch and the wiring pig tail to replicate what I did fully. If you don't care about the back lights working, you can just get the switch above.

Those are the ones :) Just bought three so I'll have a spare.

I'm currently running PRP switches at the bottom of the dash bezel. I plan to replace my two on/off rocker switches, previously used for cameras, with these when I move to a double din bezel.

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Those are the ones :) Just bought three so I'll have a spare.

I'm currently running PRP switches at the bottom of the dash bezel. I plan to replace my two on/off rocker switches, previously used for cameras, with these when I move to a double din bezel.
I've got 8 either used OEM or new switches. 4 are for future use and 4 are spares. I've torn a switch apart and don't see where there is much of a failure point in them, but I'll keep the spares. I've also swapped out both lights in all my switches, including the ones installed, with LED back lights and the on light.

I'm still waiting on my PRP seats. That's what my switches are going to be heating. How are the heaters in them?

Reactions: MikeE024

I really like the looks of these for OEM look. May go with them and just keep the seat heaters I have to install as on/off, even though they have high/low settings. In all other vehicles I have with seat heaters that have 2-3 settings, I always just run on high anyway...

Reactions: mjonesjr84
I really like the looks of these for OEM look. May go with them and just keep the seat heaters I have to install as on/off, even though they have high/low settings. In all other vehicles I have with seat heaters that have 2-3 settings, I always just run on high anyway...
Same, I like the OEM look. IF the XJ center console would fit in the TJ, I'd put the factory seat heater switches in that console. The only reason that my Silverado ever gets on the lower settings is because it does it automatically. My PRP seats will have just on/off so I'm not concerned.

I've got 8 either used OEM or new switches. 4 are for future use and 4 are spares. I've torn a switch apart and don't see where there is much of a failure point in them, but I'll keep the spares. I've also swapped out both lights in all my switches, including the ones installed, with LED back lights and the on light.

I'm still waiting on my PRP seats. That's what my switches are going to be heating. How are the heaters in them?

They work well enough, but they aren't burners like OEM setups.

I don't notice them right away, but they come in handy when I'm out on cold nights with half doors and no windows.

My biggest issue is forgetting to turn them on until I'm cold and almost done driving. :D

I don't notice them right away, but they come in handy when I'm out on cold nights with half doors and no windows.

My biggest issue is forgetting to turn them on until I'm cold and almost done driving. :D
😂

The only complaint I have in my Silverado is that they automatically turn down and then off after a period of time. It pisses me off since I use them as back pain relief as well.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ

That post got me thinking-

I’ve got 2 sets , $69 , same product, Chinese made-both installed the same -

In my TJR they are on par with any car-

In my LJR they get hot hot, as in these have to be turned down.

That post got me thinking-

I’ve got 2 sets , $69 , same product, Chinese made-both installed the same -

In my TJR they are on par with any car-

In my LJ mR they get hot hot, as in these have to be turned down.
Are they aftermarket or from PRP?