What did you do to your TJ today?

Finished my oem half door project.
img_1152-jpg.jpg

Did the BEST upgrade ever today, gave my Jeep some attitude! Look how edgy it looks now!

fb59c6d58335251cb38d327bac30e9e2.jpg

Just kidding! Neighbor popped his ugly grill off to replace with another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Started my jeep after two weeks of sitting. I installed a trickle charger that stays connected to the battery. $20.00 well spent. We have been on vacation in SoCal visiting family in Sun City, and spending time at Coronado Island and Laguna Beach. @Jerry Bransford It was 105 degrees when we landed at San Diego, and 124 degrees when we got to Sun City. How do you wheel in these temps? lol
It gets hot here in TN but we have the trees for shade while wheeling.

We have been on vacation in SoCal visiting family in Sun City, and spending time at Coronado Island and Laguna Beach. @Jerry Bransford It was 105 degrees when we landed at San Diego, and 124 degrees when we got to Sun City. How do you wheel in these temps? lol
Ha yes it has been HOT here in SOCAL. In those temps we head up to the mountains or turn the a/c on lol. :D

Reactions: Dawghouse
Ha yes it has been HOT here in SOCAL. In those temps we head up to the mountains or turn the a/c on lol. :D

I looked at the mountains and thought it would be a good place to be. But my wife wanted the beach, I told her even the shade was looking for shade. lol We had a great time while there. Everyone we ran into was very nice.

W
I looked at the mountains and thought it would be a good place to be. But my wife wanted the beach, I told her even the shade was looking for shade. lol We had a great time while there. Everyone we ran into was very nice.
Which place did you end up going to? The Mountains or Beach? I'm guessing Beach.:)

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Finally got my Jeep put back together the rest of the way since getting the 42RLE transmission working a couple weeks ago. 90 degrees inside my garage (hotter outside!) made it a PITA. Only a huge Mojito made by my wife late yesterday afternoon revived me after I was done lol. Finished wiring up the transmission ATF temperature gauge since getting the new temperature sender into the new pan, and reinstalled the front skidplate (a heavy SOB!) that extends from the tcase skidplate to brackets that bolt to the engine mounts. Also finally installed a Fumoto oil pan drain valve like I had in my previous TJ. It has a vinyl hose attached to it left in place on top of the skidplate so the oil can be drained without creating a mess. I pronounce the Jeep is ready to wheel again, just in time for a regular event held up in my local mountains. Can't wait. :D

Last edited:
I need a set of those, had the zip ties break 2x yesterday while out!
How in the world could that happen? I used zip ties for 2-3 years to hold the links up & out of the way many years ago & never had any break, I don't understand how that could happen since when zip tied correctly there's no stress on the zip ties.

Last edited:

I just notice we went through Escondido at some point on our trip. I believe it was when we were returning from LA headed back to Sun City / Menifee where my wife's family lives, the other haft lives in Orange county.

How in the world could that happen? I used zip ties for 2-3 years to hold the links up & out of the way many years ago & never had any break, I don't understand how that could happen since when zip tied correctly there's no stress on the zip ties.
I need to buy larger / stronger zip ties, it's as simple as that.

I currently tie at two locations with my quick disconnects, at the end of the swaybar to a hole in the fenderwell and the bottom of the link directly around the frame. The bushings around the swaybar will allow it to droop if it's not secured.

Getting connected at the end of the day is a REAL pain, makes me want a antirock after each trip. It's on the list just not at the top.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Looks great!! How do you like driving around with them on?
Only for the short trip for a few photos. A storm moved in and I had to throw on the cover and park under the carport...that short drive was great, though. I had forgotten how nice it was to be able to rest your arm on a half door.

Reactions: KCsTJ