What did you do to your TJ today?

The torque specs are posted in the how to guides if you need it.

Appreciate the response! My steering isn’t bad, but I wheel on occasion so I’d prefer to upgrade for piece of mind. And at close to 200k, I know my tie-rod and ends could use refreshing. Everything else up front is new, so this change will be the cherry on top. Thanks for the ‘torque spec’ location as well! Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gregc291
I had to cut off the plug to the cig lighter and add the crimp connectors that are supplied with the USB port. So I still used the wiring that went to the lighter, just couldn't use the actual plug. I did put everything I took off into a zip lock back and put it in my "Jeep" tote. LOL :D

You know the other nice thing about putting that in. Is you don't have to lock up your cig adapter everytime you get out of the Jeep. I have to pull mine and the cable and lock them in my Tuffy security glove box. I have to do that with my stereo faceplate too. But it's still a hassle. I'm going to do this in the future.

.....you don't have to lock up your cig adapter everytime you get out of the Jeep. I have to pull mine and the cable and lock them in my Tuffy security glove box. I have to do that with my stereo faceplate too.

Damn, thats petty! Sounds like Miami or the late 80’s to 90’s era of Newark, NJ. Crack heads used to take any thing they can sell for a buck on the street. Heroin is the ‘new’ crack. Or is it prescription meds? Either way, zombies. All of em!

Reactions: Fixer6
Damn, thats petty! Sounds like Miami or the late 80’s to 90’s era of Newark, NJ. Crack heads used to take any thing they can sell for a buck on the street. Heroin is the ‘new’ crack. Or is it prescription meds? Either way, zombies. All of em!

And I live in a better neighborhood in LA. The hood is a couple miles away though. And with a soft top and no locked doors. It's a crackhead magnet. lol.

Removed the failing cig lighter and installed the new USB power port. Just had to make the hole a tad bigger. All went smooth. :D

Next thing on the to do list is to clean the bottom of the dash better. LOL I had it out and cleaned the vents really good and hosed the whole thing off, but didn't realize how bad of a job I did. LOL

I also learned the cable I had in the Jeep for my phone, doesn't charge my phone. I thought I did the install wrong, but went and got another cord to test it, and all was good. Had to dig into another iPhone box and get a cord that came form apple. The other one must have been an aftermarket one or something?

View attachment 101102

View attachment 101103
Boys , we need to watch her. She gets more done than anybody you ‘ll see. I can’t list all the things she’s done on here since she came , while i'm just trying to zip tie mine together.

Last edited:
IMG_0739.jpg

Got these to fix my leaking arb plastic lines .

Boys , we need to watch her. She gets more done than anybody you ‘ll see. I can’t list all the things she’s done on here since she came , while i'm just trying to zip tie mine together.

LOL, Yah but all my stuff I do is little nick nak stuff. No major things like lift or what ever. :D I do have to admit, I do like doing things to my Jeep. Just need more funds to support it. :D

Replaced brake master cylinder and slave cylinders (drum). Bled master and lines and cleaned everything with brake cleaner. Still a bit of trapped air....or maybe brake rubber lines need replacing [emoji848]

Finally got the darn doors off today! I ended up using my floor jack to keep a little upward pressure on while I wiggled the doors back an forth. Then I figured while I was on a roll, to change the serpentine belt and idler pulley. I should have left well enough alone. The old belt and idler came off easy enough. The darn tensioner spring housing had a big crack in it and was corroded stuck to the alternator bracket even after being unbolted. It ended up coming out in pieces, some of which had some pretty old break lines and lots of white powder corrosion. One of the locating pins stayed in the alternator bracket which necessitated removing the bracket from the engine so I could drill a hole in what was left of the pin and use an easy out to get that out. Anyway, it's off to the parts store in the morning for a new tensioner assembly.

I drove it to town this morning to get some stuff for Mrs Willy and I thought it was driving entirely too "spritely". And made the mistake of tell Mrs Willy about it.

Almost forgot, I think I might have found the source of my power steering leak during the twist and flail operation this afternoon. I didn't have time to fully chase it down, but the pressure hose to the steering box seems to be well lubricated on the outside with power steering fluid.

I finally got my new (to me ) rear bumper installed tonight. I started last night, ran out of time, picked it up today and had to do a lot of back tracking and discovering issues from the PO of the bumper. Some of the mounting bolts he (or probably someone he paid to install his bumper because he didn't seem very mechanically inclined or like he enjoyed wrenching) welded to some of the mounting brackets instead of letting the machined teeth of the bolts bite into the plates. Then when I loosened some of the nuts on the tank skid and tank everything got real hairy. So I think I'mm be dropping the tank soon so I can get it all squared up instead of setting for a few of the nuts missing. But at least I got the bumper on and squared away!

Don't mind the HiLift, it's just for looks, ha ha. It was gifted to me after my dad used it for a project around the house. I figure since the bumper has a spot for it, I may as well keep it from getting in my way laying around the garage.

I finally got my new (to me ) rear bumper installed tonight. I started last night, ran out of time, picked it up today and had to do a lot of back tracking and discovering issues from the PO of the bumper. Some of the mounting bolts he (or probably someone he paid to install his bumper because he didn't seem very mechanically inclined or like he enjoyed wrenching) welded to some of the mounting brackets instead of letting the machined teeth of the bolts bite into the plates. Then when I loosened some of the nuts on the tank skid and tank everything got real hairy. So I think I'mm be dropping the tank soon so I can get it all squared up instead of setting for a few of the nuts missing. But at least I got the bumper on and squared away!

Don't mind the HiLift, it's just for looks, ha ha. It was gifted to me after my dad used it for a project around the house. I figure since the bumper has a spot for it, I may as well keep it from getting in my way laying around the garage.

Looks good. Who makes that bumper & carrier?

New heavy duty lines for my arbs changed all fluids coolant oil tranny transfer case and front and rear dif and steering up grade

Reactions: DrDmoney
Got rid of my meep meep horn and installed a pair of ‘69 Fury horns. A muscle Tj, made you look. I had issues with the grounds so I cut a piece of copper flashing as wide and as long as the ‘L’ bracket and polished it up where the bolts went through to the fender and the horn. Worked great. Replaced the crazy bulb in the engine compartment light and cleaned the cover. My tonneau hinges came today all the way from Canada. Time to seriously start on the tonneau.

Last edited:
And I live in a better neighborhood in LA. The hood is a couple miles away though. And with a soft top and no locked doors. It's a crackhead magnet. lol.

I owned an Isuzu Amigo soft-top in 1993. I was living in Delray Beach, Florida at the time. It was a holiday and my wife asked me to move the vehicles out of the driveway. When I went out to move the Amigo: my front seats were gone, stereo gone, amp that was mounted under the seat gone and my passenger tail-light all stolen...it was only a 2-seater. I remember sitting on a Home Depot 5 gallon bucket to move the vehicle. The best thing: the criminals did a clean job, nice cuts, no scratches and didn't even scratch the other vehicle in the driveway.

Last edited:
Replaced the switch for my passengers side seat heater. The original one was going in and out on the low setting.

Last edited:
Reactions: skrelnik
Got rid of my meep meep horn and installed a pair of ‘69 Fury horns. A muscle Tj, made you look. I had issues with the grounds so I cut a piece of copper flashing as wide and as long as the bracket and polished it up where the bolts went through to the fender and the horn. Worked great. Replaced the crazy bulb in the engine compartment light and cleaned the cover. My tonneau hinges came today all the way from Canada. Time to seriously start on the tonneau.

My main horns are from an '05 Magnum that was headed to the big scrapyard in the sky. Then I added an "oohgah" horn on a separate circuit with it's own button just because.

Reactions: mikespine