What did you do to your TJ today?

My first Jeep in my 70s - 03 Sahara, 110 k miles (why not?) I replaced the fuse for the dome light (with info from members), painted the headlight bezels and door handles (rustoleum satin black textured), and installed new right rear Extreme Terrain body armor (PO had busted his). Should I paint the hardtop black? Previously downloaded UGA arches logo and had local sign shop print a vinyl decal for the wheel cover.

View attachment 127462

View attachment 127467

View attachment 127468

View attachment 127469
I think the color of the hardtop is great.

Reactions: Shamu and Xdawg70
I took advantage of Cyber Monday and decided to replace the Kenwood media player head unit I put in mine just after I bought it to replace the dodgy factory one. The Kenwood's gotten to where it gets confused easily with mp3 files on a usb stick and gets hung up searching for the next file. That and bluetooth quit working months ago plus I never was happy with the small buttons. After reading a bunch of reviews, apparently Kenwood bluetooth and iPhones don't like to play nice together quite often.

So, I caught a double DIN Sony DSX-B700 media player with bluetooth on sale at Best Buy for just under $70 which is less than I paid for the Kenwood last year. The buttons look to be bigger on the Sony than the single DIN Kenwood. I also ordered the install kit that includes a new center dash panel with double DIN cut out. I'll paint it silver to match the original dash panels after I get it all fitted up.

I'm very impressed with the Sony 6.5" 4 way speakers I put in the sound pods a few months ago and looked for similar to fit in the dash corners. My LJ has pods there with 4" and tweeters. I'm wanting to keep the pods, but I didn 't find any 4" speakers that "spoke to me". So, I ordered a pair of Sony 4x6" 4 ways with mounting brackets for a TJ and I think I'll see if I can combine the brackets with the stock pods to fit the 4x6" speakers. I've got a couple of ideas on how to do it. And if it don't work out, I'll bite the bullet and just use the brackets.

Once my wallet settles down from all this, I'll start thinking about replacing the stock subwoofer.

Reactions: All 4 Wheelin'
New buttcrack! Installed a savvy BL. Now waiting for the motor mount spacers to arrive. Not looking forward to that install for some reason.

Also, any tips on getting the fuel neck to reach back up to the filler hole?

3CDA50EE-B974-441C-A704-7EDD3C4A2093.jpeg

E21913D5-4700-404B-86B1-99AA8AFC8010.jpeg

67A6138F-881B-4A03-96A1-88D0C973D22C.jpeg

9E3648DF-FA5D-4D9C-A568-8F60F6D776C4.jpeg

New buttcrack! Installed a savvy BL. Now waiting for the motor mount spacers to arrive. Not looking forward to that install for some reason.

Also, any tips on getting the fuel neck to reach back up to the filler hole?

View attachment 127530

View attachment 127531

View attachment 127532

View attachment 127533
You could do something along the lines of this
1575341153869.png

Or you could modify your fuel tank skid by cutting a section out that is equal to your body lift from the front and rear then weld it back together, (I saw @mrblaine , I believe it was, suggest the latter option to another member)

Reactions: Alex01
You could do something along the lines of this
View attachment 127535
Or you could modify your fuel tank skid by cutting a section out that is equal to your body lift from the front and rear then weld it back together, (I saw @mrblaine , I believe it was, suggest the latter option to another member)
Oh man. Isn’t there anything easier?? I was hoping to hear “just pull and stretch it then screw it down”

Two weeks ago I installed a bunch of suspension stuff. It took a lot longer than I thought and I wrapped it up around 2 a.m.

Over the past two weeks there have been a variety of little and not so little squeaks, groans, and clunks. "What kind of crappy components did I buy?" That and a bunch of other thoughts rattled me. I don't have the time/space to park the thing and go over every nut and bolt to make sure it's tight.

Tonight it got really bad. From inside the cab, it's hard to tell where those damn noises are coming from. For a while I thought it was from the rear. It was warm enough to drive with the window down (low 30s) so I listened and could tell it was from the front. Pulled over and and looked around with a flashlight. All seemed good...waitaminute.

In my delirium two weeks ago at 2 a.m., I neglected to tighten down the top shock nuts. I'm lucky I didn't lose them. They were only screwed on to maybe 3 threads. Sheesh.

Tightened them down and now I don't have to blast the stereo so loud.

Cleaned a little global warming (aka snow) off it, I’ll let the sun do the rest when it comes out again. We had a little more than expected.

View attachment 127567

View attachment 127569

Looks just like mine! We got way more than the weatherman said.

Today I installed a new black rug in the Jeep. I ran without it for a while, but it was getting old. The floormats were scratching the paint off the floorboards, and the last thing I want is rust forming.

I scuffed and painted the bare metal parts before laying the rug in. It looks sooooo much better!

Started decorating for Christmas. :D

Front is pretty much done.

05860261-3C99-461F-A9D2-9B4D2B14DBB4.jpeg
01460D9F-9EF1-4679-A632-D08AE08F2E8F.jpeg

This was my original plan for a snowman.

61D001C5-8E23-4194-B0F8-8B04BB69DE97.jpeg

I tied him to the footman loop on the hood, but after a short drive I didn't like how much he moved. So he is now on the back. I will buy another small figure or maybe another snowman for the other brake light tomorrow.

D8E4F7D3-D18D-4703-8ADB-179040FF245D.jpeg

I'm also thinking about taking the spare tire cover off and wrapping the spare with garland to make a wreath out of it. I kinda like some of the other Jeeps I have seen that have done it. It will depend on how much the garland is. LOL I do have a wreath so I may just tie that to the center of the spare. Will obviously share pics when I get the back done. LOL :D