What did you do to your TJ today?

I see you have the white side marker and running lights, with that black color and chrome grill overlay it looks pretty sharp. I was thinking about going that route with my LJ but wasn't sure how it would look.
No doubt now. Thanks.👍

Thanks I like how it breaks up some of the colour.

IMG_20191023_174317_598.jpg

New headlights. I think it’s so odd that the factory originals are so pathetic yet they still use them.

Now I need to figure out what to do about the console. The rear half of it was missing when I bought it so I screwed a .50 cal ammo can between the seats, which is better than nothing but the lack of cup holders is driving my better half up a wall. Still searching for a good fix.

View attachment 140396

View attachment 140398

View attachment 140399

View attachment 140400
is that fat 50 box?...I did mine with a smaller 50 call box and got a shorter console..(with a CUP HOLDER)..Im sure you can find one one Craig's or at a junk yard.
pinstripe2.JPG

Looks really nice! What gearing do you have that you are considering 32’s? I am also considering 32 inch tires but I have been second guessing it from everything that I read. Like you, I also have the 4 speed auto trans, and like I said, from what I read about, 31’s might be the max I should do. Just lime someone else’s point of view that has the same trans as me and perhaps a little more knowledge than me 😬.

Well, I'm no gearing expert but a previous TJ had 3.73 with a manual and 32s and it worked fine for my use. This TJ also has 3.73 gears so I expect the same results.

Reactions: dschwes
Vacuumed the hell out of my Jeep, replaced the transfer case 4WD switch by dropping the front DS. All my 4x4 lights work and my lockers 🤗
My 4x4 light doesn’t work when I shift into 4x4 but it does work when I run the dash diagnostic. Not sure if that means my switch is bad though?? Did you run the same diagnostic to determine your switch was bad or did you just change out the switch assuming that was the issue.

yesterday I installed a JKS rear track bar with angled bracket (for SYE), Savvy double adjustable rear UCA's, and set it all up with the axle centered laterally at ride height, centered longitudinally on the bump stops at full stuff (which have to be at least 2" to keep the track bar bracket out of the floor), squared with the frame, and the pinion pointed as close to straight with the driveshaft as I can do without an actual driveshaft.

Today I get to fish out an 11/16" socket that I dropped in the driver side frame when I was installing the UCA's. I gave up after about 45 minutes last night because my magnetic pickup tool is too weak to pull it past all the rust flakes. Today I'm gonna try jacking up the front end as high as I can get it and see if I can get the socket to roll close enough to the UCA mount access hole to grab it out.

My 4x4 light doesn’t work when I shift into 4x4 but it does work when I run the dash diagnostic. Not sure if that means my switch is bad though?? Did you run the same diagnostic to determine your switch was bad or did you just change out the switch assuming that was the issue.

My Rubicon was pretty simple cause of the symptoms. I shifted out of 4wd after a trail run and it felt funny. The 4wd light stayed on in 2wd, it goes off in 4H and back on in4L. My locker indicators would only flash in 4L so everything pointed to the switch which it’s a different switch for non rubicons and different from doing a body lift and the TC slipping meaning you need a longer TC cable

weather was good today, sunny, warm & no wind. I gave in and pulled the transmission after ice fishing this morning.
no luck on the ice this morning, ice was about 4" thick and no bites all morning.

Throw out bearing was toast as figured, also found that the clutch disc was shot too. what shocked me was how loose the splined hole in the disc was. springs were very loose as well, loose enough that they had alot of chafing on them from rubbing where they shouldn't be. disc wear was about 50% or so and even. disc had a Chrysler part number and said it was a sachs. flywheel looked good overall for about 150k.

IMG_20200216_162004.jpg

weather was good today, sunny, warm & no wind. I gave in and pulled the transmission after ice fishing this morning.
no luck on the ice this morning, ice was about 4" thick and no bites all morning.

Throw out bearing was toast as figured, also found that the clutch disc was shot too. what shocked me was how loose the splined hole in the disc was. springs were very loose as well, loose enough that they had alot of chafing on them from rubbing where they shouldn't be. disc wear was about 50% or so and even. disc had a Chrysler part number and said it was a sachs. flywheel looked good overall for about 150k.

View attachment 140697
You got some big projects going on, hope you’re done by spring. I’m in the same, well similar, boat. Let’s hope we continue to be blessed with decent weather. Knock on wood.

You got some big projects going on, hope you’re done by spring. I’m in the same, well similar, boat. Let’s hope we continue to be blessed with decent weather. Knock on wood.

I actually have a whole cooling system in the mail right now, mopar water pump and mopar radiator with all new gates hoses.

should be done in the spring, but it seems to be coming sooner. i think you've got alot bigger of a project than mine.

looking like in about 2 weeks we will have a few days in the upper 40s, but ill definitely do the cooling system when its warmer than that.

im expecting to be in Western Colorado again around july-august and am looking to get out to the mountain passes, Imogene or black bear pass.... id like to know the vehicle maintenance history prior to getting to those altitudes and distance from home so short of replacing the brake hoses im about done with my upkeep/prep work for now.

currently as of now, ive put about 6k in parts into the jeep since acquiring last june 🤑

New headlights. I think it’s so odd that the factory originals are so pathetic yet they still use them.

Now I need to figure out what to do about the console. The rear half of it was missing when I bought it so I screwed a .50 cal ammo can between the seats, which is better than nothing but the lack of cup holders is driving my better half up a wall. Still searching for a good fix.

View attachment 140396

View attachment 140398

View attachment 140399

View attachment 140400

This looks like it might fit down into what you have and be a cheap fix to the cupholder problem. You could always get some SEM adhesion promoter and paint in your color and paint it to match.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=323884776758

Or this for a lot more, and you'd need the rubber sup holder insert too.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=123771298012

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Was supposed to be a "fun" day instead of a work day yesterday but it definitely turned into 3 solid hours of
work. Got new bumper on and frame tie in brackets attached. Before anyone asks, that's a thin layer of fluid film between the bracket and the frame rail.

All reviews made the bumper install sound effortless and indicated the frame brackets might give me trouble. The exact opposite was true and the bumper required some janky ass tricks to finally get on. The brackets could not have fit and set up more easily. Amazing product.

IMG_20200217_074230.jpg
IMG_20200217_074223.jpg
IMG_20200217_074240.jpg

This looks like it might fit down into what you have and be a cheap fix to the cupholder problem. You could always get some SEM adhesion promoter and paint in your color and paint it to match.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=323884776758

Or this for a lot more, and you'd need the rubber sup holder insert too.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...0001&campid=5337789113&icep_item=123771298012

Nice! Those look like decent options. The console might break the bank but I like the cup holder solution. I might have to go for that. Thanks!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Nice! Those look like decent options. The console might break the bank but I like the cup holder solution. I might have to go for that. Thanks!

I hope it works for you.

It looks like that small cup holder will snap down into what you already have just like the rubber insert does on the full console.

Finally installed my JKS links!! :D Only had to have hubby come out and knock off the old passenger link. I didn't feel like doing that part so I played the damsel in distress role. LOL I did the rest though. :D

I still need to drill and tap a hole so I can install the studs to put them on when they are disconnected, but I'll wait for a less windy day.

1B5C8331-1894-4F38-9A9F-2BB14B1B3784.jpeg