What did you do to your TJ today?

ordered a new soft top since the zippers on the used one I got from a friend basically fell apart. I'm only planning on using it to cover up if it rains as I have no garage, so got a cheap one.

Which one did you get? I got the cheaper Pavement Ends line one by BesTop and it's held up well so far, but I have had it up 100% of the time since I got it since they are a PITA to snap the latches on.

Somewhat depressing as it had no oil issues before and it was a sudden bad leak a week after changing the oil.

That sucks. There's nothing like doing routine maintenance and then having it all undone by a problem. Sounds like you are on it for the fix though.

Which one did you get? I got the cheaper Pavement Ends line one by BesTop and it's held up well so far, but I have had it up 100% of the time since I got it since they are a PITA to snap the latches on.

That sucks. There's nothing like doing routine maintenance and then having it all undone by a problem. Sounds like you are on it for the fix though.

I got this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DR150OA/?tag=wranglerorg-20
I have the frame, so really just needed the fabric. This one had decent reviews, and like I said, only planning on having it up while it rains and probably just driving my other car around so I'm not worried about road noise or anything. I could have gotten by with a tarp to be honest, but the landlords are a bit picky and don't exactly want a tarped up vehicle in the driveway (understandable haha).

But yeah, for real! the kid who had it before me hadn't changed the oil in like 2 years and had no problems at all. New oil change (the old stuff was black and gross) and now it's gushing oil lol. I'm convinced the old stuff was just too thick to seep through the gaskets.

Last edited:
Finished the install of my amp! Now to order the powered sub.

IMG_2494.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2524.jpg

Nice! I just ordered that amp as well. Great bang for buck with a lot of power for speakers. Have you used your speakers with it yet?
I actually have that same amp running 4 - 6x9 JBLs and aM 350 running a 10 JL sub in my system in my Toyota truck. I love them. Can't beat them for the cost.

I'm running 5 1/4" Polk in the dash and 6 1/2" Kenwoods (soon to be polks) in the sound bar in my TJ. Sound is much clearer at higher levels.

My seat covers arrived today:

Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 1.37.25 AM.png

I opened them during lunch and found they come shipped inside out. It was more of a struggle turning them right side out than I thought. 🤣

Began to put it on the seat, but it gets pretty tight over the widest part even when making sure nothing is turned under and that it's going on evenly. Decided it was more than a quick lunch break project if I wanted to have time to eat. Pulled it off as to not leave it half stuck compressing the vinyl for the next several hours. Found that it left marks when it was squeezing on the vinyl sides, it mostly came off with a damp cloth. Going to try again after work. Might ask my mother to come help — moms are great at putting slipcovers on things!

I have to say I like how the spice color stands out in a yellow jeep with gray and black in the interior.

This one is a aluminum folding trailer from northern tool that was pretty much new I picked up off craigslist. Harbor freight sells a steel folding one for like $250. You can google kayak trailer harbor freight and get many ideas. Basically a plywood deck, some 2x4s and 1x6s, and 1.5” pvc tubing (added 1’ aluminum box tube inside for more rigidity and strength). Put my kayak J carriers on it and it was done. Optional but I replaced the ply tires with a better set of rubber ones and added a trailer jack. All in all probably spent around $700. I’m pleased with it. And best part is I can take it apart and fold it up in the winter months.

View attachment 170764

View attachment 170765

View attachment 170766
Damn, I did not know they were made in aluminum. I have the HF steel version. Its good for what it is intended for, light duty use.

And it’s done! 2 coats of bed liner just about finished off the can. I couldn’t do much with the little bit left so I hit a couple areas again with a heavy coat. The darker spots are where it was still tacky. I left it at the shop for the night and tomorrow I’ll grab some fresh hardware and start the install 😎👍🏼
DDB10A0B-B9D2-4ED5-B6B7-873F33E90106.jpeg

EF3B0C63-9564-4012-ABF9-9DEB7A9DFFB4.jpeg

And it’s done! 2 coats of bed liner just about finished off the can. I couldn’t do much with the little bit left so I hit a couple areas again with a heavy coat. The darker spots are where it was still tacky. I left it at the shop for the night and tomorrow I’ll grab some fresh hardware and start the install 😎👍🏼

That looks great!

I thought that at first, but the instructions started with them right side out, so I figured I would do what was on them. 🤷‍♀️ They are hard to work with — the material is like the soft top almost. Need to put them in the sun.
They’ll loosen up over time.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt