What did you do to your TJ today?

Good question...I'll have a look at mine tomorrow for ya as i may be different for export TJ's like ours. ( i did clean mine a couple years ago but cant remember what It looked like under there)...I know the passenger side bracket that holds my cowl in place was rusted and is barely doing its job...I job for the sunny days
Thanks man, appreciate it!
yea it drains all good, just looks like there is something missing haha

Out of curiosity is this what the drain hole in the cowl area is meant to look like? Looks like there is something missing
That's how my '00 looks.

I've got a small water leak in the passenger foot well that I can't trace. When I cleaned the cowl it was nearly spotless. I know my TJ spent some time as a garage queen, so that probably helped the cowl but hurt with some dry rot somewhere yet to be identified.

Less isn't always more. At 60k miles I am changing out stuff more because of general degradation than wear.

Finished a few things yesterday.

PO did half a job with the suspension.. and went RC too boot.

I installed the adjustable track bar, rear track bar relo bracket, sway bar mounting bushings, extended rear links, front discos and trans case drop kit. Finished with an alignment.

OMG! It's a different Jeep! Even with the RC shocks road manners are now bearable. Tracks straight and true. No more side stepping and bouncing. No more vibration in third. No more wander. Did the brakes a few weeks ago.. replaced all the lines, fluid flush, Good bleed. Pads and calipers were in good shape. So brakes are done.

I had two JKs and at this point my TJ rivals both of them. So happy I bought the TJ instead of going into another JK.

It's a top three day today weather-wise. I think I am going to refresh the roll bar padding with Duplicolor Vainyl & Fabric. Used it to paint over the sun visors and it am happy. No more warning stickers.

Next up is the ExoGate. And change the pumpkin fluid. Then swap out the RC N3s for Ranchos. Wednesday it goes in the shop to repair the spot of rust on the passenger front fender before the fender is completely consumed.

I'll be at a great baseline for future mods in the spring.

Tires sure lose air fast here in Florida - the MBZ and Fiat were both 5 lbs low, but the Jeep was only 2 lbs low - I guess because it isn't driven as much. In any event, the Jeep and the two cars all were aired up today - and I got the old water pump out of the Jeep, gasket scraped off (why do WP gaskets ALWAYS stick to the block and NEVER to the pump?!?), and a new heater pipe installed into the new pump as the old one was all bubbled up from water getting under its powder coating. For once, "Brick and Mortar" came through, the Dorman pipe was actually in stock at my local O'Reilly's. I had't purchased one ahead of time as there was some confusion as to whether or not the Gates pump came with the pipe or not.

@Jerry Bransford - do "DuraLast" WPs come with the heater pipe? :D ;)

View attachment 274877View attachment 274876View attachment 274878

Will do another check to make sure all of the old gasket is off, then install the new pump. Hopefully tomorrow...
Is that a Mopar OEM pump, or is there one that is almost as good now?

I've got a small water leak in the passenger foot well that I can't trace.
Try applying some silicone caulking over the seam between the drain and surrounding sheet metal. My '97 TJ had a leak into the passenger compartment which was caused by water leaking down the seam between the drain and sheet metal.

Last week I suddenly noticed I had lost the 2 lower speeds on the blower fan. So I took the blower motor resistor out and checked it. Sure enough 2 of the pins registered open circuit. So off I go to pick up a new resistor. Checked the wiring and switch connections just to see if there were any signs of overheating. Everything looks good (at this point). If it happens again I may need to look at the motor itself to see if it's drawing excess current. Does anyone know the nominal current draw of the blower motor at high speed on a (good or new) motor?

I’ve heard some people have good luck with SEM paint. Could possibly repaint the liners. Just because i’m sure some half door liners are hard to come by
Stitched on a nice leather steering wheel cover that was recommended on here, my wheel was starting to flake off and was very sticky (link here, get medium)

Stock:
View attachment 272851

Installing:
View attachment 272852

Finished product:
View attachment 272853

Took me a few hours (partially because I’m a perfectionist and wanted to make it right without bumps at the seam) but I think it will probably outlive a lot of other things on the Jeep so ir seems well worth it
Drove it and got my first Duck.

View attachment 274796👍🏻

A4F3E9E0-C4BB-4306-A859-786278C90C2C.jpeg

Hit the 188888 mile mark today, only to be followed up immediately with the recently replaced again Delphi fuel pump losing pressure on the highway stumbling and nearly leaving me stranded, had to coast to the side of the highway 3 or 4 times before I got to my exit.

now that the weather is finally pleasant outdoors I had planned on smothering rtv on the pickups trans pan mating surfaces today due to reoccurring leaks at the gasket... but today turned into me leaving the jeep and taking the leaky truck back home because its more reliable than the jeep at the moment. Bosch fuel pump is supposed to arrive on Tuesday so I can get rid of this Delphi shit.

Found and ordered a Powertrax no slip for my front axle at a great price. Jegs.com

Cheapest I’ve seen it anywhere by about $40. I’m happy. Be nice if it was here to do this weekend. Oh well. Instead I’ll be putting in my Brown Dog MML and remove the washers from my skid plate. Hoping the MML will eliminate the driveline vibes I have going into 1st gear.

That's how my '00 looks.

I've got a small water leak in the passenger foot well that I can't trace. When I cleaned the cowl it was nearly spotless. I know my TJ spent some time as a garage queen, so that probably helped the cowl but hurt with some dry rot somewhere yet to be identified.

Less isn't always more. At 60k miles I am changing out stuff more because of general degradation than wear.

Finished a few things yesterday.

PO did half a job with the suspension.. and went RC too boot.

I installed the adjustable track bar, rear track bar relo bracket, sway bar mounting bushings, extended rear links, front discos and trans case drop kit. Finished with an alignment.

OMG! It's a different Jeep! Even with the RC shocks road manners are now bearable. Tracks straight and true. No more side stepping and bouncing. No more vibration in third. No more wander. Did the brakes a few weeks ago.. replaced all the lines, fluid flush, Good bleed. Pads and calipers were in good shape. So brakes are done.

I had two JKs and at this point my TJ rivals both of them. So happy I bought the TJ instead of going into another JK.

It's a top three day today weather-wise. I think I am going to refresh the roll bar padding with Duplicolor Vainyl & Fabric. Used it to paint over the sun visors and it am happy. No more warning stickers.

Next up is the ExoGate. And change the pumpkin fluid. Then swap out the RC N3s for Ranchos. Wednesday it goes in the shop to repair the spot of rust on the passenger front fender before the fender is completely consumed.

I'll be at a great baseline for future mods in the spring.
Another convert from the dark side (JK ownership) haha....good to hear you've found the joy of owning a TJ

Reactions: RINC
All kinds of good things - at long last that is! Completed the water pump installation, and was able to actually drive the thing - first time in at least a month. I'd never been able to actually test out the new Ranchos - the rear ones had never even been driven, the fronts only for a few miles. They're definitely an improvement over the worn out OEMs, I hit some washboards on my test (dirt) road, and it didn't act like it wanted to hop sideways on me. Oh, its still a truck, and rides like one, but the Ranchos sure beat what was there. Makes me wonder how good or bad the OEM shocks were when new. No coolant leaks, nor any other kind of leaks noted!

On the way, I stopped off at the gas station for a fillup - reminded me of our official TJ Forum poem:

Roses are red,
Violets are Blue,
I fixed my Jeep,
Its as good as ne...
What the &*%@$# now?

I had put it in 4H briefly on a dirt track right by the gas station, then put it back into 2H. It informed me that it was still in 4WD, even sans light. After filling it, I went back to the dirt track, cycled the xfer case, and all was well - as it was a bit later on the dirt road where I put it all the way into 4L and back. I *think* its telling me that it wants a Savvy cable shifter for Xmas!

Part of the water pump install:
DSC00893.JPG

EDIT: When I got back from the test drive, and lifted the hood, I noticed less noise - apparently the new WP is quieter than the old one.

Last edited:
The Jeep will be resting comfortably in my parking garage for a little while. I was changing the settings on my Rancho 9000x when I noticed that the rear track bar/upper control arm bracket had completely broken off of the axle 🤬🤬 So I ordered a RockJock adjustable rear trac bar (upgraded from the shitty Procomp one), and a full set of Savvy upper and lower control arms for the front and rear. Buy once, cry once, right? 😭 since I was already in for a pretty penny I also bought a Savvy transfer case shifter kit. I had planned on upgrading these parts in the future, but it looks like my timetable has sped up. Can’t wait to get the Jeep back on the road! But for now, I’ll be waiting for Brown Santa to deliver my goodies.

On a more positive note, I replaced the door jamb switch that I had broken during the AC kit install when I took the dash off. Now my interior lights turn on when I open the passenger door once again! 🎉
AC kit install? Tell me more, or have you done a write up on it? Tag me if so.

Reactions: HBomber8
Rented a carpet cleaner and hit all the carpets and seats in the LJ. Very clean, now. Hopefully smells better, too.

Tried fitting one of my new Bestop 2-piece doors. Did not go well :(

Finally got to working on some stuff on the Jeep after surgery. Still not 100% sure where this goes. I have it zip tied up out of the way currently. It’s plugged into the transfer case and runs basically next to the exhaust toward the front of the Jeep. Basically gets to the front of the trans.

i can’t find any place that this would plug into nor does it really have any slack to move it anywhere. Is this fine just zip tied out of the way?

68ED5A69-81C6-41CE-90A5-1717BEB2A716.jpeg

C583EAE3-0E9C-4280-A702-340DAC160F82.jpeg