What did you do to your TJ today?

Or pay for gas now!!!!!
Yep the same down here too....I was talking to a mate and was upset his Hi-lux diesel Pick-up only gets 930Km per full tank..(100 bucks to fill).......I just laughed and said it cost me 120 bucks to fill my Jeep and I do 375km...do the math hahaha.
He felt much better after our chat :unsure: lol

Friday me and the little one did a ride up US129 and foothills in the Smokies, and then Saturday did a ride with local jeepsters for St Jude’s was a lot of fun wife and little one went on Saturday.

B9869B54-21DA-4D63-98CE-FB88EC1B4879.jpeg

48BB435F-34C2-4373-9003-EC374EC15971.jpeg

7D599DF8-48B9-4432-ADBC-B84B7321A3D6.jpeg

FFAE4CD2-45DD-40B7-A1B1-EF4D478BAD37.jpeg

1D1DAE2E-BDFA-4CDE-8D6E-8CCE60ECA11F.jpeg

519CDB9A-E2B7-4993-99FE-764EC36E0924.jpeg

63B3FA6A-0FFE-46D5-AF2D-13B77817736D.jpeg

20799E10-870B-4BBB-AF9F-A82CB588A8F1.jpeg

Finished my proof-of-concept mounts and installed my CJ-style mirrors. I'll try them out this week to see if I like this arrangement as much as I remember from back in my CJ days. Then I'll work on sourcing some 3/4" aluminum and make some prototypes that are more usable long term (such as in rain, since these are made from untreated plywood).

20211017_171200.jpg

I also finally pulled the trigger on new springs, shocks, control arms (upper and lower, all around) and all the accessories that are needed for that install (spring isolators, bump stops etc). Ended up ordering from 5 different places to get all the bits.

Picked up some half doors for the LJ. I bought them from a guy in Phoenix. I am near Los Angeles (don't hate me for that, I am a Republican). He had some work in Vegas, so I picked them up there. Good excuse to go!

View attachment 282210

Very clean, no rust, good door panels, wrong color. I can fix that.
Bought mine a little dinged up and the wrong color myself, but it was a killer deal. A little elbow grease and they look factory!

Reactions: Just Chillin
I think it would with a 2-2/2" lift.
I've got a 4" lift, and a 1" MML and I guess I'm wondering the same thing. I've gone ahead and ordered Savvy control arms. We'll give that a try, a SYE may likely be in my future as well.
UFC extra clearance skid on my 3.5 inch lift required a rear rear drive shaft. Just too steep an angle without it.

Reactions: DuncLJ
Spent the weekend doing the rear main seal replacement I've been putting off for months or more (easier to add oil but you can tell which parking spot is mine at work now) and threw on new cats while I was at it. Getting the new cats bolted up alone is up there with the HD steering bracket I did on my CJ. Turned a 1 day project into almost 3 haha.

Started working on installing the lift. Only took me three hours to get the frame side rear track bar, bottom of the rear shocks, and rear springs out. Struggled with the driver's side upper rear shock bolts for a few hours. I have been spraying them down with Kroil for the last three months. Both bolt heads are rounded off. Tomorrow I am busting out the dremel and cutting them out. Joys of Northeast Jeeps.

View attachment 274644
Believe it or not the hardest part of my lift was the rear shock bolts. Had to stick a Dremel cutoff wheel up in the hole and cut the welded nuts out of the body blind.

Finished up installing a timing kit and RMS. The engine sounds much better and the RMS is dry. . . so far. I acquired a new-to-me airbag module and installed it hoping the light would go away. . . . nope. The Innova ABS-SRS reader can't clear the code. I replaced the clock spring over a year ago, which turned the flickering airbag light to steady state. I might need to beg, borrow, buy, or hire a DRB3 tool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Irun and DuncLJ