What do I have to do to add a 2 inch OME lift?

Not to highjack the thread, but could you explain why this is?
I've never ran an Antirock, but as I understand it, it's just less stiff than the stock sway bar.
That being said, it's bound to have less 'droop' than a completely disconnected axle, isn't it?
I could see wanting some anti-roll while wheeling, but the rear sway bar provides some...

Curious to hear the reasoning behind this.

Check this thread out:
https://wranglertjforum.com/threads...ck-sway-bar-improve-off-road-performance.197/

Not to highjack the thread, but could you explain why this is?
I've never ran an Antirock, but as I understand it, it's just less stiff than the stock sway bar.
That being said, it's bound to have less 'droop' than a completely disconnected axle, isn't it?
I could see wanting some anti-roll while wheeling, but the rear sway bar provides some...

Curious to hear the reasoning behind this.
An Antirock doesn't reduce the 'usable' amount of droop/articulation. If it did, rock crawlers at the high end or in competitions wouldn't run Antirocks. And 5 years in a row the winning EMC class King of the Hammers Jeep was running front and rear Antirocks.

John Currie developed the Antirock and explains in the below video how it works far better than I could here.

Last edited:
Didn't get what that was referring to.

I was just suggesting you forget Northridge and buy from Amazon. I had a similar experience in Quadrarec's website that caused me some confusion when I went to purchase my OME lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Chris
I was just suggesting you forget Northridge and buy from Amazon. I had a similar experience in Quadrarec's website that caused me some confusion when I went to purchase my OME lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aah...I get it now. I definitely would buy from Amazon, but they are out of stock at the moment on the light duty kit. I don't have any aftermarket bumpers, winch, tire carrier, or armor. Stock TJ Rubicon with soft top/hard top. I'll keep checking from time to time on Amazon. No hurry.

I have extensive dealings with Northridge both at their shop and over the phone. I have always found them extremely knowledgable and helpful. They will recommend what is best for your application and not try to sell you something not needed. Now there are times that you may not like what they say because it isn't within your budget-—-. They also stand behind their products. I replaced my front drive shafts with 10 Factory thru Northridge. Several years later I broke an axle ujoint in Moab and it took out the yoke on the drive shaft. I called Dave, the owner, at Northridge and he shipped me a new axle, and u-joint to Moab under warranty. Not some thing you can get from Amazon.
Now don't get me wrong. I like Amazon and am a Prime member. It's just that having a personal relationship with a vendor goes a long ways - in both directions,

Last edited:
I have extensive dealings with Northridge both at their shop and over the phone I have always found them extremely knowledgeable and helpful. They will recommend what us best for your application and not try to sell you something not needed. Now there are times that you may not like what they say because it isn't within your budget-—-. They also stand behind their products. I replaced my front drive shafts with 10 Factory thru Northridge. Several years later I broke an axle ujoint in Moab and it took out the yoke on the drive shaft. I called Dave, the owner, at Northridge and he shipped me a new axle, and u- joint and u-joint to Moab under warranty. Not some thing you can get from Amazon.
Now don't get me wrong. I like Amazon and am a Prime member. It's just that having a personal relationship with a vendor goes a long ways - in both directions,

You're right, and I would not discount Northridge because their website says something I figured was wrong...I planned to call them before pulling the trigger on the OME setup anyway. I have also ordered from them in the past, OME suspension actually for another Jeep, and when one of the springs had a problem, I got it replaced free of charge, albeit from ARB directly, not Northridge. I also agree that pricing alone is no substitute for after the sale support. Even if NR is a bit higher, they usually will price match, and they definitely offer support. Thanks for the reminder.

Gary

Hell, I wouldn't even waste my money knowing what I know now about disconnects versus a Currie Antirock.

I wasn't even listening when Dirk was extolling the benefits of the JKS 'quicker' disconnects. I have had them before, and wasn't planning on getting them again. The part I didn't like the most was how he said the 2" OME kit was incomplete without adjustable front and rear track bars, and that the track bar bracket for the rear was downright 'dangerous'. Sure, I would prefer an adjustable track bar to a relocation bracket, but I would not put one of those in the 'dangerous' category, not for the way I use my TJ...IIRC, the OME setups I had on a previous TJ and a JK did not even come with a relocation bracket at all.

I wasn't even listening when Dirk was extolling the benefits of the JKS 'quicker' disconnects. I have had them before, and wasn't planning on getting them again. The part I didn't like the most was how he said the 2" OME kit was incomplete without adjustable front and rear track bars, and that the track bar bracket for the rear was downright 'dangerous'. Sure, I would prefer an adjustable track bar to a relocation bracket, but I would not put one of those in the 'dangerous' category, not for the way I use my TJ...IIRC, the OME setups I had on a previous TJ and a JK did not even come with a relocation bracket at all.

With the OME lift I think you can get by fine on the stock track bars (I know from experience, since I ran stock track bars on my OME lift). Sure, the axles will be off center laterally, but it won't be by much.

Now if you're taking about running 4" of lift and stock track bars, then I would never, ever use the stock track bars in that case.

But yeah, I don't see any danger in running the stock track bars with the OME lift. I never had any issues with it. 2" is such a minimal lift that it doesn't mess with the suspension geometry all that much.

If I was him I wouldn't be pushing those JKS disconnects. I had them for a while, but once I educated myself on the Currie Antirock, I was so much happier I sold the JKS discos and went that route. Just wish I had been smart enough to do it in the first place!

With the OME lift I think you can get by fine on the stock track bars (I know from experience, since I ran stock track bars on my OME lift). Sure, the axles will be off center laterally, but it won't be by much.

Now if you're taking about running 4" of lift and stock track bars, then I would never, ever use the stock track bars in that case.

But yeah, I don't see any danger in running the stock track bars with the OME lift. I never had any issues with it. 2" is such a minimal lift that it doesn't mess with the suspension geometry all that much.

If I was him I wouldn't be pushing those JKS disconnects. I had them for a while, but once I educated myself on the Currie Antirock, I was so much happier I sold the JKS discos and went that route. Just wish I had been smart enough to do it in the first place!

Hey Chris, are you recommending running the OME kit with stock trackbar with or without a rear trackbar relocation bracket?

With the track bar relocation bracket 👍

Ahhhh, ok. Thanks man!

I’m about to install my OME Springs and Rancho RS5000x shocks. I ordered the 5239/5241 shocks as per a recommendation on this forum, but recently saw you guys recommending the 0-2in shocks. Uncertain if I should try mounting them to check the fit or just return them and order the 0-2in ranchos.

I’ll make sure to order a relocation bracket. Any particular brand you recommend? And you think this is a better route than an adjustable trackbar?

Ahhhh, ok. Thanks man!

I’m about to install my OME Springs and Rancho RS5000x shocks. I ordered the 5239/5241 shocks as per a recommendation on this forum, but recently saw you guys recommending the 0-2in shocks. Uncertain if I should try mounting them to check the fit or just return them and order the 0-2in ranchos.

I’ll make sure to order a relocation bracket. Any particular brand you recommend? And you think this is a better route than an adjustable trackbar?

For that OME 2" lift, the 0-2" shocks are likely going to be the better choice, as Ranchos run long.

The OME lift includes a track bar relocation bracket.

However, given the choice between the two (the bracket or an adjustable track bar), I would go with the adjustable track bar.

This is the one I would recommend:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005TTZOU8/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Looks like it's on sale too!

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
Ahhhh, ok. Thanks man!

I ordered the 5239/5241, the rear adjustable track bar ( on sale ) and the bracket. I may have the same problem with the shocks being to long and not needing the bracket. I checked about sending them back and replacing them with the 0-2” but I would have to pay shipping plus restocking fees. I’ll now just have to wait until I start my install next weekend.
My Best to you.

I ordered the 5239/5241, the rear adjustable track bar ( on sale ) and the bracket. I may have the same problem with the shocks being to long and not needing the bracket. I checked about sending them back and replacing them with the 0-2” but I would have to pay shipping plus restocking fees. I’ll now just have to wait until I start my install next weekend.
My Best to you.

Keep me posted on how the install goes! Are you installing the OME springs too? Planning on adding disconnects or anything else with the lift?

Yes I have the OME springs for a 2” lift. Po had used a 2” spacer up front, removing them so I’m not sure how much lift I’ll be getting on my Rubicon, we will see. I did get a new adjustable rear track bar to install, plus the relocation bracket if needed. New bump stops as well, plus a new steering stabilizer while I’m at it. Fun stuff! I have the 245/75/16 tires now and will be adding 265’s.