What do you have left you would like to do?

Same here @Hokahay ✅ It's all just maintenance upkeep for me at this point.

Now, I've got a pesky differential seal leak to replace. Convenance-wise, I'd like to replace my aftermarket radio. But that's it, because my TJ is basically back to a daily driver.

Reactions: John Cooper
My list is too long... but my top 5:
1. install some Metal control arms rear control arms I just bought
2. check/verify my rear pinion angle
3. Fix evap leak
4. Fix whatever is causing my SRS light to turn on
5. rust repair my front bump stops/verify all bump stops

Just thought this would be an interesting thread. We talk a lot about what we have done. I am just curious what everyone has left they would like to do before they consider their Jeep “done”? Or stated another what do you view as the final configuration of your Jeep?

For me the only major things I really have left on my list is raised body mounts and a rear frame tuck.

Other than that I have a few small miscellaneous things I am still planning to do like a Ham radio, grab bars, and would like to install some rock lights mostly because I like the low lighting around camp.

Then I just plan to take trips and maintain it. All the rest of my efforts at that point will be spent on the new matching trailer I am building.
It's too late for me, my offroading days are almost over. But if they weren't, my final upgrade would have been to Savvy's mid-arm suspension and new axles so I could run a bigger than 35" tire so I could do the tougher trails out in Johnson Valley. 40's would have been great.

I need to get an engine skid before I try to wheel anything that justifies the rest of my build and I need a rear bumper.

Lower priority stuff is some better lighting for fog and flood purposes, grab some Rubi width flares, and do some more suspension cycling and adjustment now that the 35s are on.

Still have parts purchased that I haven't even installed, like a power steering cooler and a hand throttle. Need to re-grease the JJ's in my UCA's, re-center my front axle...there's probably more.

My needs havent change much since my last answer, but do have a few additions

Aluminum highlines
Aluminum corner armor
Boatside rockers
Hydro steering
241 or Atlas
Rework the OBA

Reactions: Irun
It's too late for me, my offroading days are almost over. But if they weren't, my final upgrade would have been to Savvy's mid-arm suspension and new axles so I could run a bigger than 35" tire so I could do the tougher trails out in Johnson Valley. 40's would have been great.
Jerry it's not to late!!!! Trust me wheeling North Bama and East Tenn. You can use bigger axles and 40's. Of course you can stay on 35's and have all kinds of fun!!! We aren't all mud holes and mud racers over here. You will have to travel to get up this way from FL but trust me, "we will treat you so many ways, you are bound to like a few". Not only will you get to meet the infamous @AndyG and @Hog but you can meet me too :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

In its current iteration?

new control arms(mid arm setup) roll cage tied into frame, prp seats and harnesses, hydro assist steering.

What I would like to do?

Built JK44s, 38”s, stretch to 102”, aluminum gen right fenders and armor, coilovers, LS swap.

Get rid of the Gobi rack that PO installed. Other than that my rig does everything I currently want or need. But you know how things will probably change

Are you going to pull a Stu?

Are you going to pull a Stu?
And fucking move to Minnesota so I can have ice cycles hanging off my eyebrows? Nope! :ROFLMAO: Or do you mean sell my Jeep? No plans to do that, I do plan to take it with me and ride around with no top on on nice days, there are plenty of backwoods roads in the part of Florida I'll be in with cool scenery to enjoy. I just don't know if I'll be doing any actual difficult hardcore offroading that requires lockers, I'm thinking those days are drawing to an end.

i need to dig through your thread this winter and get a parts list, i might convert that A/C pump next spring.
The fittings are the hardest part, just need to decide how you want your routing. And swivels are expensive so try to reduce to the size you want quickly. A cooler is also needed!

Reactions: someguysjeep
And fucking move to Minnesota so I can have ice cycles hanging off my eyebrows? Nope!

That might hurt. Riding them is fun though!

hqdefault.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Irun
Shorten crankshaft and get pulleys aligned.
Install grill, hood, fenders, roll bars.
Finish interior floor coating, whatever that might be and reassemble interior.
Get new steering installed and aligned.
Swap in ss sye and dial in ds angles.
Install rmvb and aux cooler.
Install t-case cable shifter.
Sort out tummy tuck.
Finish exterior skids and tire carrier.
Light the damn thing on fire and roll it off a cliff.

• Haha
Reactions: AMS417
It would be a road trip, but there are plenty of trails that would have us both pulling rope. Look up AOP Little Caesars for one. Actually it would be foolish to try on short WB and 35s. They also have an Ultra4 race there.