What gauges would you get with boost?

Don't get a boost gauge, get a boost/vacuum gauge.
Don't get an EGT gauge. You really don't want to know how hot that shit gets, it is downright scary. Get an intake air temp gauge.

Oddly enough it looks like AEM doesn't make a boost / vacuum gauge. Since my wideband / AFR gauge is made by AEM, I thought I could find one to match. Looks like I might have to find one from a different manufacturer.

Reactions: jeepndogs
I don't think you need anything besides vac/boost and AFR. Transmission temp if you have an automatic transmission. I like stand alone engine management for forced induction. You can set safe gaurds for anything that there is a sensor.

What are you going to do with that info?

i remember from my sports car days a lot of boosted guys ran Air fuel ratio, boost/vacuum and oil pressure gauges. the oil pressure gauge would be valuable if the OEM one is not accurate since you dont want to loose oil pressure as in blowing a piston etc etc also the air fuel ratio would be valuable to avoid goin lean or rich as we all know can be bad.

i remember from my sports car days a lot of boosted guys ran Air fuel ratio, boost/vacuum and oil pressure gauges. the oil pressure gauge would be valuable if the OEM one is not accurate since you dont want to loose oil pressure as in blowing a piston etc etc also the air fuel ratio would be valuable to avoid goin lean or rich as we all know can be bad.
Again though, the stock gauge will tell you if you lose pressure. The 4.0 runs between 12 and 50 psi depending on temperature and oil versus RPM. If you lose pressure and it drops below 12, it will throw a check gauges warning which should be an indicator to quit what you are doing.

If you toss an aftermarket gauge on there, what will it do differently or better other than become something that you watch for the novelty a few times and then ignore?

Reactions: B252