What is your worst top-off experience?

I’ve had my Jeep almost 6 months now and I’ve never been top down in the rain yet. The worst thing that happened to me with the top down was when I had the Jeep for about 2-3 weeks and I was having a blast with it. I couldn’t wait to go on another top down drive.

I had stopped at a red light when the woman in the car next to me said that my wallet had flown out! So I turned around and raced up the road until I saw my wallet. I stopped at a gas station and ran into the road to pick it up. My debit card and license were luckily still in it. What wasn’t in it was almost $50 in cash, and the money was nowhere to be found. I must’ve put my wallet on top of the center console and left it there. Let’s just say that I’ve learned my lesson and will not make another rookie mistake like that again.

Took a nice girl out for lunch on a Sunday. Top was off, went to a mexican restaurant and sat inside. Came out and saw about 20 birds chillin all over my rollbars. Thought I was smart parking in the shade under that tree. I had no idea what to do because I didn't want to scare them shitless.. I ended up literally crapping myself as I shooed them off and luckily not a single one of the birds took a crap on anything.

• Haha
Reactions: TJ Starting
When I was just out of school, I decided it would be fun to go visit my parents. I was working in Richmond VA and they were in Fort Bragg NC.

It's a 3 hr ride, but the weather looked good, so off I went topless.

~45 minutes in, it started POURING.

I kept going. Another hour in and I was too far in to quit now. Still pouring.

My beagle was sitting scrunched up in the passenger footwell with a look that can only be described as "You're an ass."

Got to my parents house wrinkled as a prune.

My wife and I were vacationing in Kauai in a JK rental that was brand new, had never been rented. I took the freedom panels off on our way back from dinner and we got caught in a major downpour on the highway with no shoulder. Visibility was next to nothing and there was nowhere to pull over. We finally got to a clearing and I was able to pullover and put the panels back on. I was already in deep doodoo at that point.

• Haha
I've been caught out in the rain a handful of times. Once you get above 30mph or so though the rain goes right over the jeep.

In Moab I had a bird crap land right at eye level on the windshield. I remember thinking I got lucky.

Anyone riding in the backseat will still get wet.

Shortly after getting my Jeep I was living in Florida and was on my way home from work when a tropical storm rolls in. Absolute downpour with crazy wind throwing rain in all directions. On my way home I get caught at a red light, it was the longest F'ing red light ever! I look down my cup holders a full of rain, i'm drenched, I look to the right and there is a car full of people just looking at me, lol. I throw my Jeep into Park, I get out of the Jeep in the pocket on the back of the driver seat I have a nice Columbia rain jacket folded up in there, I throw it on with the hood up, get back in the light turns green and I smile at them and then punch it like it was all too casual of a situation.

Worst I had was one day when I drove to work when there was only a small chance of rain. Near the end of the day, the sky started getting pretty dark, so I decided to head out a bit early...but not early enough.

I had barely left work when it started to come down heavy and I got stuck in rush hour traffic that was even worse than usual because of the heavy rain. I probably could have pulled over, but I was already wet and figured that it was best to just deal with it until I got home. Halfway there, I heard on the radio that there was a tornado warning for my neighborhood, so I took the nearest exit in order to just get to a gas station and park. Of course, there was no gas station really close by, so I ended in traffic through side streets for another 5 min until I finally got to a gas station and parked under cover. Fortunately, it didn't take long for the warning to pass and I finished my trip home.

My commute is normally about 20 min, but with the extra traffic and tornado warning, it took me well over double that.

No lasting damage to anything in my TJ, but I was pretty soggy when I got home, haha.

Anyone riding in the backseat will still get wet.

I found this out during my first Jeep off-roading experience... Friend was driving his Jeep, I was in the passenger seat with my GF in the back. She was wearing nothing but a white tank top and black cheerleading shorts. We hit a big water puddle with decent speed and whoosh.... all of a sudden my GF goes dead quiet; we turn around and see a her accidental wet tee-shirt contest... best vehicle ever. Friend: “I didn’t know it had this feature!”

I bought a Jeep shortly after that 😂.

Not a top off story, just half doors and no windows.

Last night, driving 75mph on the highway, the wind caught a folded map sitting up against the windshield. The map inflated and unfolded itself right in front of me, blocking my view of traffic right as we were all approaching sweeping turn. That was a new one for me.

Not a top off story, just half doors and no windows.

Last night, driving 75mph on the highway, the wind caught a folded map sitting up against the windshield. The map inflated and unfolded itself right in front of me, blocking my view of traffic right as we were all approaching sweeping turn. That was a new one for me.
Sounds like a movie scene

A couple weeks ago on my motorcycle I was trying to beat a storm rolling in. As I pulled up to my usual exit it was blocked off due to an accident. So I had to travel 7 miles up the mountain to the next exit, turn around and go back to my normal exit which was open in this direction. As I pulled up it started to rain and cops had literally just coned this one off as well. So back down the interstate and not 1/2 mile later it started to pour rain, and hail. I couldnt see at any speed it was nailing my face and the hail did not feel good at any speed. I had no choice but to pull over to the side of the road and wait it out. Maybe 5-7 min later I was able to leave, but now I was trailing the storm and caught up to it quick. Again, pouring rain and hail along with the amount of water sitting on the road getting splashed everywhere all I could do was pull over again. This time I found an under pass and squeezed in between multiple cars who were avoiding the hail. I sat there for probably 20 min. Soaked to the bone, cold as could be as the front brought in much cooler weather.

In the jeep, something similar with just my safari top and no doors. Water dripped in and I had about an inch of water on the floor. Finally took cover under another underpass on a remote highway and pulled the plugs and waited for it all to pass.

I got behind a live poultry truck today . Not my best experience for sure.

Getting my lj top off was the worst experience
20190621_182324_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 4 banger TJ