Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Anti-Rock

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Rock Sliders

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters

Nordic

TJ Enthusiast
Given these choices, which one would you do next?

1. Ucf ultra high clearance skid. My stock one is already dented and I'm tired of catching it on things.

2. Rock sliders. Just took off my bent and broken factory side steps so I'll probably end up needing these.

3. Anti-Rock. The words of praise for this on this forum can't be wrong, plus it would be nice not to have to disconnect before I flex out on a snow pile in the mall parking lot ;)

Can't do all of them at once because college, just interested to see what you would go with and why.

Rock sliders are easy and will protect a part of the jeep that will otherwise hit a ton of rocks, especially with your steps taken off.

A high clearance skid plate is probably not something that you can just bolt on and be good to go. Depending on your jeep's current setup there might be a lot more that needs doing to make it work. Transfer case work (SYE), custom driveshaft, body lift maybe, and other stuff.

Rock sliders are easy and will protect a part of the jeep that will otherwise hit a ton of rocks, especially with your steps taken off.

A high clearance skid plate is probably not something that you can just bolt on and be good to go. Depending on your jeep's current setup there might be a lot more that needs doing to make it work. Transfer case work (SYE), custom driveshaft, body lift maybe, and other stuff.

Already have the SYE, a 1" BL, 1" MML, Savvy Cable Shifter; so besides maybe some exhaust work and adjusting my pinion angle I think it'd be a bolt on affair.

Reactions: EzPeezy
I vote sliders first. If you're going places that have dented up your skid, then your rockers are vulnerable and not easy to fix if you pound one on the rocks. Plus, it's a mod that changes the look of your jeep, which has instant gratification points!

1. sliders
2. TT
3. AR

Reactions: EzPeezy
Given these choices, which one would you do next?

1. Ucf ultra high clearance skid. My stock one is already dented and I'm tired of catching it on things.

2. Rock sliders. Just took off my bent and broken factory side steps so I'll probably end up needing these.

3. Anti-Rock. The words of praise for this on this forum can't be wrong, plus it would be nice not to have to disconnect before I flex out on a snow pile in the mall parking lot ;)

Can't do all of them at once because college, just interested to see what you would go with and why.
The cost involved in the UCF skid is far greater than the Rock Sliders or Anti-Rock.

If budget is an issue, I’d do the Rock Sliders. It sounds like you like to get on the rocks.

If budget is not an issue, I’d do the UCF skid.

Anti-Rock is not as important IMHO, and some people don’t like them. If you are thinking of an Anti-Rock, drive around for a few weeks without the front swaybar and see if you can get used to it.

Reactions: Nordic
Well, rock sliders it is (or will be) then! Was thinking about going with the Warn ones. Of course I'd love to go Savvy but just can't justify that price!

Reactions: JMT