What TJ Forum sins have you committed in your build?

Steel City 06

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
When have you gone against the consensus on the forum, and done something to your TJ that you know isn't recommended or well-received here? This could get interesting.

I'll start:
  • I have used a steering damper to mask death wobble temporarily
  • My shocks currently limit my suspension travel in both directions, and my bumpstops are removed altogether in the rear
  • I run load range E tires and 16" rims
  • I installed a high flow water pump and 11-blade Explorer fan and clutch instead of factory parts
  • My armor is almost all steel

When have you gone against the consensus on the forum, and done something to your TJ that you know isn't recommended or well-received here? This could get interesting.

I'll start:
  • My shocks currently limit my suspension travel in both directions, and my bumpstops are removed altogether in the rear
  • I installed a high flow water pump and 11-blade Explorer fan and clutch instead of factory parts
Who cares?

What did someone call it, the Savvy fan boys?
It's bullshit is what it is. If you want to do something a certain way, do it. You don't need forum approval to have your rig however you feel suits your needs the best. The thread and intent thereof only promotes the fucked up mindset that you should do things for the approval of others. Fuck every bit of that.

It's bullshit is what it is. If you want to do something a certain way, do it. You don't need forum approval to have your rig however you feel suits your needs the best. The thread and intent thereof only promotes the fucked up mindset that you should do things for the approval of others. Fuck every bit of that.
I think that some of it comes from people asking for a recommendation and a typical response will usually be something along the lines of Savvy or Currie at least as far as lifts go.

There are some who get slightly offended by those recommendations, but at the same time the person came and asked for recommendations in the first place.

I agree though. You should build it however you want it. Look at that @custommuffler guy and the way he’s building his. He doesn’t give a shit what anyone else thinks and his thread has become a bit of a comedy as well. I actually enjoy reading it just to see who he will insult next 😆

I know for one, I will never be able to afford Savey or Currie parts. Wish I could, but that's not gonna happen with all the other financial drains on my bank account. But I'll still try to get above average quality from what I buy. Some companies are not 'top tier' names but still make 1 or 2 good products.

I run bumpers front and rear, that are to heavy. Wished I would have installed aluminum. Forum thoughts or not.....advice to others don't put on steel bumpers no matter what. I was a cheap ass and now look what ive done

I'll start:
OK - why are load range E tires on 16" rims a sin? Read a lot of people that run this way.

Reactions: Vtx531
35xxx on my '03 TJR, not a daily driver. my E range MTRs ride just fine.. grip great at 10#. The AntiRock may have a little lean on the road but, works fine for me with my Rubicon Express Long Arm Kit....oh, and I run a York Compressor.

Reactions: SkylinesSuck
OK - why are load range E tires on 16" rims a sin? Read a lot of people that run this way.

Probably because most don't prefer a 16" wheel. 15" or 17" are the norm. I know there's a lot of talk about load range too. I got my tires used, but they came off a Jeep. I went a few years without knowing the load range. Recently saw the E vs. C discussion and finally found that I'm running D.

Reactions: Irun
Sliders that use body mounts--definitely want to change them though because I have realized how shitty they are. I also have MC arms and trackbars, though at the time of purchase they were getting rave reviews. I even plan on rebuilding the CAs soon.

Reactions: Vasq
Probably because most don't prefer a 16" wheel. 15" or 17" are the norm. I know there's a lot of talk about load range too. I got my tires used, but they came off a Jeep. I went a few years without knowing the load range. Recently saw the E vs. C discussion and finally found that I'm running D.
Yeah, I guess the sin with the 16" is the availability of tires other the "E" range, but I love the factory MOABs on the Rubicon, so kinda stuck there. I get the "E" range tire because of its weight and heavy construction affecting ride, it's my daily driver in summer but I don't have far to go. Funny but in the stable I have a vehicle on each of 14", 15", 16", 17", and 18" wheels!

I think that some of it comes from people asking for a recommendation and a typical response will usually be something along the lines of Savvy or Currie at least as far as lifts go.

There are some who get slightly offended by those recommendations, but at the same time the person came and asked for recommendations in the first place.

I agree though. You should build it however you want it. Look at that @custommuffler guy and the way he’s building his. He doesn’t give a shit what anyone else thinks and his thread has become a bit of a comedy as well. I actually enjoy reading it just to see who he will insult next 😆

I missed Muffler Guys thread. Glanced through it, saw like 3 pics of a Patagonia Milestar tire. In my experience, real street lifted gangster's don't ask questions on the internet. They finance that lift and tires at Les Schwab at 32% interest, 6" rough Country 3" body lift. And Re-gear? WTF is that? Just gas it harder fool, gears won't fix shit. Order a "power Programmer" that will restore lost HP.

Oh, and Savvy Fan boys for life! No Savvy, no Currie GTFO of WTJF.

And as far as TJ Forum Sins, I once realized I was wearing my "Off Road Design" T-shirt and a "Chevy Trucks" hat while driving my TJ, I felt like such sinner....

1612456488388.jpeg

I ran a 100hp shot of Nitrous in my old TJ

I ran a 8.8 over a Dana 44

I ran 37's on a hp30 axle

I have a ToysByTroy sport bar in my LJ.

Muffler Guy's thread is hilarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeeptundra
My current Jeep is without sin... in my opinion, of course. Some of the previous Jeeps that I learned lessons on are so full of sin they make babies cry. Fortunately I sold those and they are somebody elses problem now.😁