What wheel size and backspace will I need?

1573874952481.png

This is the look im going for

Reactions: Steel City 06
There's a limit to how little offset can be run. Generally anything below -0.5" of offset (3.5" backspacing on a 15x8) is going to significantly increase bearing and ball joint wear. In addition the wider you go, the worse the handling is going to get due to the increased scrub radius.
All this is so true... but no one is listening.... I'm back to a full stock suspension with tall, skinny tires and a highline for clearance. Ride, handling, the ability to just drive thru standing water at 70mph.... I do not miss 33s... or 35s. Plus I went from 17mpg to 22mpg.... that 95 more miles between gas stations. I got into the bigger, wider in stages too but if you drive it daily.... pizza cutters under the stock fenders rule.

All this is so true... but no one is listening.... I'm back to a full stock suspension with tall, skinny tires and a highline for clearance. Ride, handling, the ability to just drive thru standing water at 70mph.... I do not miss 33s... or 35s. Plus I went from 17mpg to 22mpg.... that 95 more miles between gas stations. I got into the bigger, wider in stages too but if you drive it daily.... pizza cutters under the stock fenders rule.

i wouldnt be doing this if it was my daily lol...I'll only be putting maybe 5k miles a year on it

Reactions: billiebob
does anybody have a view from the rear or rear corner showing how much their tires stick out on their 15x10 wheel and 15x8?

Looks or not I wouldn't go for a 10" wide wheel for tires with an advertised 12.5"width for a Jeep that goes offroad with aired down tires. The wider the wheel the more air pressure it takes to keep the tire beads seated on the wheel. Conversely the lower the pressure you can air down to safely with the narrower 8" width.

For street use only? Or very easy trails where airing down much isn't needed? A 10" wheel is fine.