What's up with Savvy Off Road?

All the complaints with Savvy are usually fair. They don't have great customer service or a great website and they almost never pick up the phone. But they certainly don't rip people off and they will eventually make whatever problems you have right.

I ended up with Currie arms instead of Savvy arms because I was in a rush and they wouldn't pick up the phone to give me an estimate on when they would ship. I guess you could say they lost my business on that particular purchase. It doesn't bother me all that much and I'm sure it doesn't bother them.

Reactions: Chris
All the complaints with Savvy are usually fair. They don't have great customer service or a great website and they almost never pick up the phone. But they certainly don't rip people off and they will eventually make whatever problems you have right.

I ended up with Currie arms instead of Savvy arms because I was in a rush and they wouldn't pick up the phone to give me an estimate on when they would ship. I guess you could say they lost my business on that particular purchase. It doesn't bother me all that much and I'm sure it doesn't bother them.
You'd think since Currie was in bed with them they might give a shout over and say pick up the damn phone.

Ya know...like most would.

I've called multiple times and not once did someone pick up the phone. I've sent several emails and always get a fairly quick response, sometimes followed by a phone call.

You'd think since Currie was in bed with them they might give a shout over and say pick up the damn phone.

Ya know...like most would.

I don't get upset at how other people run their businesses. It isn't run in the best fashion but they've never lied to me and everything has always worked out in the end. I'm continually impressed by their product so I never have any issue buying more.

That is just me though. Everybody here is smart enough to make their own decisions.

Since June, I have ordered from Savvy

*Double Adjustable CAs front and rear Up/Low
* one end zerk broke, sent email they got me a ne JJ shipped

*Cable TC shift kit

*JJ Axle Bushing driver side CA

*Currie 4” Springs Front and rear

*Last Sunday Currie Adj rear track bar and bracket

I’ve received all, the Trac Bar is in transit and in NM right now, delivery set Saturday.

They don’t ship Prime fast, but everything has shipped 4-6 days later, and arrived with no issue (one broken zerk that was replaced ASAP)

All interaction has been digital online.

If you would like, try and get Amazon on the phone, let’s compare, heck dare you to find a phone number to call.

Just providing my experience, and I read they are in California, which is the least business friendly place, has major restrictions, so I am giving a ton of grace. Still, they ship and provide excellent products, And their online discount code works, and their cheaper than the competition on the exact same products. So, I’m a Savvy fan, I need a part tomorrow, maybe I would look to a 1 day turnaround part vendor.

Last edited:
Since June, I have ordered from Savvy

*Double Adjustable CAs front and rear Up/Low
* one end zerk broke, sent email they got me a ne JJ shipped

*Cable TC shift kit

*JJ Axle Bushing driver side CA

*Currie 4” Springs Front and rear

*Last Sunday Currie Adj rear track bar and bracket

I’ve received all, the Trac Bar is in transit and in NM right now, delivery set Saturday.

They don’t ship Prime fast, but everything has shipped 4-6 days later, and arrived with no issue (one broken zero that was replaced ASAP)

All interaction has been digital online.

If you would like, try and get Amazon on the phone, let’s compare, heck dare you to find a phone number to call.

Just providing my experience, and I read they are in California, which is the least business friendly place, has major restrictions, so I am giving a ton of grace. Still, they ship and provide excellent products, And their online discount code works, and their cheaper than the competition on the exact same products. So, I’m a Savvy fan, I need a part tomorrow, maybe I would look to a 1 day turnaround part vendor.
I guess I'm the black sheep...i don't Amazon either.

It's real simple. Phone rings..i answer or immediately call back if i was unable or anyone here to answer. We do get buried here under vehicles welding or whatever.

But thet immediately get a call back if nobody can answer.

Guess I'm just too old school for the new trendy generation.

It's real simple. Phone rings..i answer or immediately call back if i was unable or anyone here to answer. We do get buried here under vehicles welding or whatever.

I’m 48 years old, but thank you, really appreciate being Categorized in the new trendy generation.

I don’t discount your personally beliefs and efforts. These stupid F’ing rules, running a good sized company, I’ve seen these Fing asinine, nonsensical rules destroy businesses and families.

It’s a free country, and I can be t he biggest hard ass on the planet, but I’m trying to give a little grace to companies that may be getting massively swamped with orders and huge portions of their staff choosing to stay home and get paid more to do nothing than come in and help the company.

I’m not attacking your opinion brother, but throwing shade and anger eats away everything, I’m trying to remind myself that I don’t know others circumstances.

Reactions: egnarfed
I’m 48 years old, but thank you, really appreciate being Categorized in the new trendy generation.

I don’t discount your personally beliefs and efforts. These stupid F’ing rules, running a good sized company, I’ve seen these Fing asinine, nonsensical rules destroy businesses and families.

It’s a free country, and I can be t he biggest hard ass on the planet, but I’m trying to give a little grace to companies that may be getting massively swamped with orders and huge portions of their staff choosing to stay home and get paid more to do nothing than come in and help the company.

I’m not attacking your opinion brother, but throwing shade and anger eats away everything, I’m trying to remind myself that I don’t know others circumstances.
To each their own. If you wish to defend that type of business practices go for it.

I, on the other hand appreciate a live body.

I think..last I checked...that it's ok to speak to a true bonafide real person on the phone rather than everything being electronic.
Perhaps shame on me

Reactions: chad
Gerald Lee owns Savvy Offroad and while he's not at the shop much, he is still the active driving force at Savvy. He just confirmed with me that it's ok to TEXT him on his personal phone when you can't get get a timely reply otherwise. He doesn't want you to call him, he's always out running around or out in the boondocks. He wants you to text him when you need an answer and he'll get back with you ASAP. I won't put his private phone number out in public but if you absolutely need to get a text message to Gerald, message me and I'll provide his personal phone number to you. He was emphatic he doesn't want this kind of call but text messages to his personal cellphone are fine. Don't message me just so you have his personal cellphone number, message me if you actually need to text Gerald about getting an answer or answers. :)

Gerald Lee owns Savvy Offroad and while he's not at the shop much, he is still the active driving force at Savvy. He just confirmed with me that it's ok to TEXT him on his personal phone when you can't get get a timely reply otherwise. He doesn't want you to call him, he's always out running around or out in the boondocks. He wants you to text him when you need an answer and he'll get back with you ASAP. I won't put his private phone number out in public but if you absolutely need to get a text message to Gerald, message me and I'll provide his personal phone number to you. He was emphatic he doesn't want this kind of call but text messages to his personal cellphone are fine. Don't message me just so you have his personal cellphone number, message me if you actually need to text Gerald about getting an answer or answers. :)
X2 on this.. whenever I needed a quick answer I'd text/email Gerald directly and got an answer within minutes.

I'm old school myself but I don't pick up phone numbers I don't know.. especially now with the multitude of robocalls and b.s. with the election coming up. I've got thumbs so I use them to text!

Don't discount the entire outfit for bad phone manners. I manage a construction company and there's 16 messages on my office phone and I don't even know how to get to them! :ROFLMAO: If the subs need an answer, they shoot me a text. It's the era we live in unfortunately.

Savvy makes killer products and they stand by them.. text Gerald and he'll get you squared away!

Now if only they still had one of these laying around:

1601670960938.png

Can't find mine from a while back and Gerald responded within a minute that they no longer have them.. my loss but he got back to me immediately!

Rumors are worthless.

You could have a Nth Degree situation happening and nobody would be the wiser. Or a Morris 4X4 situation. Or a 'we are super busy and understaffed' situation. Who knows? Until it's reflected on their website and to individual customers it's all rumor.

To each their own. If you wish to defend that type of business practices go for it.

I think..last I checked...that it's ok to speak to a true bonafide real person on the phone rather than everything being electronic.
Perhaps shame on me

Perhaps shame on me
Yep to each his own, you choose to be obtuse and pretend the inter webs didn’t happen, feel free.

I specifically didn’t defend anything, I said with the Goverment shutting down businesses, and people committing suicide because their life’s work is destroyed, I choose to try and believe they don’t have the resources to do business like 1990’s company, and use the internet and technology to try and stay alive.

I wish you the best, sure hope whatever business you are running, I assume you have your own business and have no web tools or texting or emails, that when the vast majority of folks get pissed that you don’t have the technology to work with them, they don’t just dump on you and talk smack about you.
I hope they give you some grace, which is all I said.

Your loss if you can't adjust.

Reactions: SvtLdr and Chris
X2 on this.. whenever I needed a quick answer I'd text/email Gerald directly and got an answer within minutes.

I'm old school myself but I don't pick up phone numbers I don't know.. especially now with the multitude of robocalls and b.s. with the election coming up. I've got thumbs so I use them to text!

Don't discount the entire outfit for bad phone manners. I manage a construction company and there's 16 messages on my office phone and I don't even know how to get to them! :ROFLMAO: If the subs need an answer, they shoot me a text. It's the era we live in unfortunately.

Savvy makes killer products and they stand by them.. text Gerald and he'll get you squared away!
So let me get this straight...

You say don't pick up phone from unknown numbers in defense of a company that advertises globally.

Then after defending not answering the phone you do a 180 and say they've bad manners of said phone.
Alarm bells are ringing.

BTW...
It's NOT the era we live in. See my business is dependent on local patrons. If you're successful in what you do then it'd be safe to say yours is reliant on locals as well.
I get approximately 30 calls a day from some asshat trying to make my Google listing better. Sometimes a local dummy number but you can usually spot those.
Nobody needs their vehicle repaired or tires mounted from 9 states over.

However, in Savvy's case he's advertising and selling to a global audience. Area codes abroad would be coming in.

Part of being a good company especially when dealing with the public is good customer service. A warranty is bullshit if nobody answers. Questions on product don't mean shit to an empty telephone.

I'm a results oriented person. Not excuses.

To each their own.