What's up with Savvy Off Road?

That's how folks like Yelp make a living.

I can understand being mad if you got cheated or the business otherwise wronged you, but yelling on the internet because a certain company you've never ordered a thing from won't pick up the phone is laughable. Just don't do business with them and move on with your life, Karen.

So let me get this straight...

You say don't pick up phone from unknown numbers in defense of a company that advertises globally.

Then after defending not answering the phone you do a 180 and say they've bad manners of said phone.
Alarm bells are ringing.

BTW...
It's NOT the era we live in. See my business is dependent on local patrons. If you're successful in what you do then it'd be safe to say yours is reliant on locals as well.
I get approximately 30 calls a day from some asshat trying to make my Google listing better. Sometimes a local dummy number but you can usually spot those.
Nobody needs their vehicle repaired or tires mounted from 9 states over.

However, in Savvy's case he's advertising and selling to a global audience. Area codes abroad would be coming in.

Part of being a good company especially when dealing with the public is good customer service. A warranty is bullshit if nobody answers. Questions on product don't mean shit to an empty telephone.

I'm a results oriented person. Not excuses.

To each their own.
Man, you're wound up tight!

International companies get way more spam calls.. you'd know if you ran one! So yeah, bad phone manners come out of that organically.. unfortunate but again, it's the era we live in.

Sounds like to me you're not as results oriented as you say you are. You'd get better results texting Gerald as offered by a well respected member rather than complaining and coming up with excuses as to why you can't use the number one way of communicating in the era we actually live in.. ;)

Like you said.. to each their own.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I live by email myself, prefer it to any/all other forms of communications. Unfortunately, it seems that most companies ignore emails completely, even ones from their contact forms, so I have to call in. Texting is for teenagers, I don't and can't conduct business that way.

Reactions: Stinkbug
I live by email myself, prefer it to any/all other forms of communications. Unfortunately, it seems that most companies ignore emails completely, even ones from their contact forms, so I have to call in. Texting is for teenagers, I don't and can't conduct business that way.
I miss my fax machine.

If there is one technology that needs to just die, die, Die, DIE, *DIE*!!!! - its FAX. Scan and email, safer, faster, more secure, and easier to deal with once the document has arrived.
100%! thinking back about how much "secure" data I used to send via fax makes my skin crawl now!

100%! thinking back about how much "secure" data I used to send via fax makes my skin crawl now!
I had occasion to send a FAX to a "secure" number with credit card info, etc. Some how or other, the wrong area code was dialed, and what are the chances of there being a FAX at that number too! Had to call the cc company and do the cancel/send-new dance.

The other thing that would drive me nuts in sending a "confidential FAX" was you HAD to sit on the machine until it was sent successfully. If it failed for ANY reason, it would print, PRINT, a failure sheet that included a good part of your confidential information. FAX was ground breaking when it came out, but has lived way past its expiration date. There are still businesses that do ALL their business via FAX, so we had to deal with the stupid things when I worked I.T. I tried to talk my boss into installing a FAX server which would have made it a bit easier for users to deal with the stupid things, but he wasn't convinced...

So far none of the complainers have messaged me for Gerald's personal phone number. Maybe they would rather just complain rather than solve the issue? 😊
I am one of the complainers and have been away from the computer for just a couple of hours. Its not that I would rather complain, its that I have not been online. I doubt they would do anything with my shipping charges but if they did I would consider buying from them again.

So we can agree that Savvy makes great products but has no idea how to run the customer service portion of their business.

Texting the owner of a business to get $40 in shipping charges refunded that you shouldn’t have been charged to begin with?

No fucking thanks.

Reactions: Viking Jeeper