What's your Warn winch and why?

I have a 9.5ti because it came on the Jeep when I bought it. I wouldn’t have gone with this one myself (it’s just massive) and I wouldn’t mind something lower profile. But unless this one stops working there’s not much reason to change it out.

Reactions: FireJeep
Have you ever used a Harborfright winch?
Yes I have two for loading equipment in my trailer and my van. They stay covered and protected. Had a badlands years ago stop working on a truck. Had a friend running badlands on an XJ with more luck than I had. Personally I feel more confident with the VR.

I have an old HS9500I they quit making them years ago and I have no idea why. It’s super fast and has been trouble free for me since 2004. It was on my friends dads jeep prior to me buying it since 1997. He only sold it to me because he sold his jeep

I have an old HS9500I they quit making them years ago and I have no idea why. It’s super fast and has been trouble free for me since 2004. It was on my friends dads jeep prior to me buying it since 1997. He only sold it to me because he sold his jeep

The HS9500i was replaced by the 9.5ti. Same geartrain layout they just changed the styling and made it more difficult to service.

Well, I had my mind made up on a Warn 9.5XP. However, a buddy just texted me that he's selling his Jeep and pulling parts. He has a very lightly used Warn Zeon 10 (Steel Cable) that he'll sell me for $450. Does this sound reasonable?

On the plus side, I already have a brand new TRE rope, thimble, and thimble fairlead I can install.

Warn 9.5ti was on the jeep when i bought it. I needed to replace the clutch lever and re-greased. I do wish at times it was smaller since it blocks like 50% of front of radiator. I still need to get a synthetic line but I've never actually needed it so it's never first in my mind and I always find other things to spend money on.

Well, I had my mind made up on a Warn 9.5XP. However, a buddy just texted me that he's selling his Jeep and pulling parts. He has a very lightly used Warn Zeon 10 (Steel Cable) that he'll sell me for $450. Does this sound reasonable?

On the plus side, I already have a brand new TRE rope, thimble, and thimble fairlead I can install.
Less than half price of new seems reasonable to me.

That’s a good buy.

Less than half price of new seems reasonable to me.

That’s a good buy.

Definitely not my first choice, but it is a very good deal. As mentioned earlier, my concern is whether it will interfere with the bar on my UCF bumper. The Zeon has a bigger footprint than the XP. I guess I could buy it, try it, and, if it doesn't fit, sell it.
:unsure:

Reactions: Apparition
Zeon Platinum 10S.
F0A1562B-B641-44F8-984E-0371D10C0CDC.jpeg
9C8F75C6-20D2-4D8F-80D3-D8D4D6FD0C7B.png