Wheel Spacers?

Ok so you mean the actual thickness of the "recessed" part of the spacer? Just make sure your studs will fit through them with plenty of thread left?

And yes I wouldn't buy just a spacer! Only an "adaptor" with a 2nd set of studs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you use a 1" wheel spacer up front then the factory lugs that go through the spacer end up protruding over the top of the spacer because the factory studs are longer than the thickness of the spacer. If you flip your wheels over and look at the backside you will see lug holes for the lugs and SOME wheels have recessed holes between each lug hole of the wheel. If you have these recessed holes then you will be able to use 1" spacers. If you use wheels like crager soft-8's or black steel wheels then they will not work because the backside is flat between each lug hole and the factory lugs (that are protruding outside of the spacer) will hit the wheel and not allow you to mount.

This only applies to 1" or thinner spacers. 1.25" or thicker spacers work just fine with any wheel because the factory lugs are not protruding.

Reactions: Kyle_W
If you use a 1" wheel spacer up front then the factory lugs that go through the spacer end up protruding over the top of the spacer because the factory studs are longer than the thickness of the spacer. If you flip your wheels over and look at the backside you will see lug holes for the lugs and SOME wheels have recessed holes between each lug hole of the wheel. If you have these recessed holes then you will be able to use 1" spacers. If you use wheels like crager soft-8's or black steel wheels then they will not work because the backside is flat between each lug hole and the factory lugs (that are protruding outside of the spacer) will hit the wheel and not allow you to mount.

This only applies to 1" or thinner spacers. 1.25" or thicker spacers work just fine with any wheel because the factory lugs are not protruding.

Yes I understand now! I think the Ecco rims, what I am going to mount up, have those holes you are talking about.

Thanks!

Uhhhh... Spacers scare me. I'll admit, if you do it right, they will work fine. However, they still scare me!

I have had Spidertrax spacers on more than one Jeep, never had one issue. Every time I would check the torque settings on the mounting nuts used for the spacers, they had never changed. What I cannot figure out is how on God's green earth did this happen to these wheel spacers? They look like they were run down the road with NO lug nuts on them at all, or maybe with lug nuts on, but just hand tight:
img_1317-jpg.jpg

I don't see how that Jeep could have gone down the road in a straight line.

Hmmmm, looks like the lug nuts were loose to me. If they were correct, just the clamping force should have held them tight and in position.

I have had Spidertrax spacers on more than one Jeep, never had one issue. Every time I would check the torque settings on the mounting nuts used for the spacers, they had never changed. What I cannot figure out is how on God's green earth did this happen to these wheel spacers? They look like they were run down the road with NO lug nuts on them at all, or maybe with lug nuts on, but just hand tight:
View attachment 15954

I don't see how that Jeep could have gone down the road in a straight line.

Am I correct in that it's only the rear wheels that would need spacers to mount 12.5" tires? This is only a temporary plan. So, if I can only by 2 spacers instead of 4 than that's better!

Am I correct in that it's only the rear wheels that would need spacers to mount 12.5" tires? This is only a temporary plan. So, if I can only by 2 spacers instead of 4 than that's better!

The fronts will definitely have clearance issues. Maybe they can be resolved by washering up the turn stops but I'm not sure. Plus, only putting spacers on the rear will really make them stick out more than the fronts, my look funny.

The fronts will definitely have clearance issues. Maybe they can be resolved by washering up the turn stops but I'm not sure. Plus, only putting spacers on the rear will really make them stick out more than the fronts, my look funny.

That's what I figured: my turning radius would suffer.

And, haha yes it would look funny and I'd definitely notice it. [emoji16]

If I can get a set of used spacers, then I'd get two pairs!

Reactions: CodaMan
I've always gotten mine from Wheel Gear (CJBargins) on ebay. I been running their spacers since I got into jeeps. I have no complaints. No problems or issues to date. The set I have now has been swapped between two jeeps a few times. I think they are 3-4 years old.

I think it's about $100-$150 a set of four.