Where should I mount my hi-lift jack?

Anyone ever seen one of these in the wild?

I remember seeing them advertised when they came out years ago. I have never seen anyone use them. Is that because they are harder to mount on your hood?

• Haha
Reactions: lBasket
Anyone ever seen one of these in the wild?

I remember seeing them advertised when they came out years ago. I have never seen anyone use them. Is that because they are harder to mount on your hood?
Those are popular with the sorority mom crowd.
726c900766bd54a3b14e43d4a1dd9b4b.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Longwhitejeep
Remember having a hi lift jack forty years ago when I was a very stupid kid. It was used to get an old truck unstuck many times. Chains used to make a pretend winch. Jack up end of truck then push it over. That think almost killed me many times. Can’t blame the jack, I never learned to use it safely. I am not putting one on the Jeep.

Reactions: WSS
Question?
Where do you attach the hi-lift to your jeep to lift it? While my rear bumper is flat on the bottom the bottom of my front bumper is 45 degrees. Will the rocker panels take the pressure of lifting? The old car jacks pictured above were designed for specific bumpers and only bumpers and I believe GM had slots on their bumpers for the jacks to fit in.
I do have 2 farm jacks that I inherited from my grandfather but I may only use them once a year or so and then it’s for pulling fence posts, stretching chain link fencing or other heavy Pulling. I just had to move a 40’ Conex box 8’ side ways and they worked like a charm.
My personal opinion is that most people have them for aesthetics and have never used one or would know how to use one properly.

High lift jacks have a use from time to time. Never used one on the trail but I've seen tons of them mounted all over jeeps like jewelry.

My favorite is the hood mount. It's provides a clear path to kill someone in an even minor accident. But hey.... nothing says I'm a bad ass off roader like a hood mounted jack.... some even get them painted to match the body color.

Last edited:
High lift jacks have a use from time to time. Never used one on the trail but I've seen tons of them mounted all over jeeps like jewelry. My favorite is the hood mount. It's provides a clear path to kills someone in an even minor accident. But hey.... nothing says I'm a bad ass off roader like a hood mounted jack....
My favorite is the jeeps (or even better, Subarus) that mount them wherever but clearly have no place you could possibly use it. OEM bumpers, no rockers. Etc.

• Haha
Reactions: Rooscooter
Damn, the high lift jack is more contraversial then the fucking COVID mask mandate!
Sorta, sorta not. It is however a great litmus test. Smart experienced folks who have been in the offroad lifestyle for a very long time and well know how to solve most any issue encountered offroad understand that farm jacks belong anyplace but in or on an offroad vehicle. The rest of the vaxxed triple boosted mask wearing sheep who will fall for anything, carry them around and they are just really sad that no one has figured out a version that straps to their hip that matches their fucking mask.

Sorta, sorta not. It is however a great litmus test. Smart experienced folks who have been in the offroad lifestyle for a very long time and well know how to solve most any issue encountered offroad understand that farm jacks belong anyplace but in or on an offroad vehicle. The rest of the vaxxed triple boosted mask wearing sheep who will fall for anything, carry them around and they are just really sad that no one has figured out a version that straps to their hip that matches their fucking mask.
Honestly, I don't carry mine anymore, and not because this site told me not to.
The problem I have is not everyone gets to wheel with uber experienced off roaders that have high dollar rigs with winches and lockers. Lots of people use their vehicles in lots of different ways, and get in lots of different types of situations. Who's to say what someone else needs or doesn't need. That $100 farm jack is exactly the right tool if that's all they have.

Mine sits behind the factory roll cage, sitting on part of the tub just below the rub rails if you will, I have two heavy black rubber straps holding it firmly in place.

Keep mine in the same place. Used some foam pipe insulation as cushion and strapped down to d-rings in cargo area. Easy to put in/out. Not going anywhere and out of the weather. Foam and straps cost about $20 all in.