Why do JK drivers never wave?

I’m just saying that women are less likely to wave as they may feel somewhat restrained to be friendly to men strangers- especially those outcast drivers of older models

I’m just saying that women are less likely to wave as they may feel somewhat restrained to be friendly to men strangers- especially those outcast drivers of older models

I don't blame them.
Beasts (strangers & JL drivers) are not to be trusted.
This is the world we live in :(

Last edited:
They aren’t real Jeep owners. They buy it for the looks. They are the Soccer Mom hummer 2 owners. Also dealerships don’t tell people about the wave anymore apparently. I was told by a few old timers when they bought their jeeps the dealer told them everyone will wave. I’m not old enough to know if this is true but my dad wasn’t told to wave when he bought his. Took him less than a day to figure out.

They will never even take them on a dirt road let alone bash their panels off-roading.
IMO It’s not a “Jeep thing” it’s an off-road thing. I get waved at by XJs (lifted ones only) and even sometimes the occasional Land Rover.

The stock jeeps USUALLY don’t wave. And usually these are JKs. I also see a lot of high school and college kids that have a TJ and don’t wave.

Not all JK drivers don’t wave.
Less than 5% of JK drivers seem to wave from my experiences. I wheel occasionally with a 2014 JKU silver Sahara on 35s, and he has proven that not all JKU drivers don’t wave, and that some JK owners do wheel. He flips JKs off that don’t wave. It’s great. Maybe a little over the top.

Then there’s this heavily heavily modified grey JKU Rubicon that actually looks amazing. She didn’t wave for months around town. Now she waves. I see that Jeep at least weekly around town. It’s a sweet Jeep. CB, 37s, warn winch aftermarket bumpers etc.

I’ve also been flipped off by a JK driver twice now after I waved. I had one woman follow me to Walmart (I’m in the Jeep with my fiancée) and she got out screaming saying I was hitting on her in front of my fiancée by waving. I didn’t bother explaining anything I just walked away. We both walked away laughing. Truthfully I don’t know what’s wrong with Jk owners. The fact that someone can see a wave to a fellow jeep as harassment... what has happened to this country.

I’d say I see maybe 10% of TJs not wave; usually an old lady, sometimes an old man.
I’ve not been waved at by 3 YJ’s and 1 CJ. Hundreds and hundreds of JKs lol.

I’m sure the JL owners will be worse.

This is MY experiences in my area in Minnesota. I’m sure in say MOAB or something most JKs wave too.

this is ranty and unorganized. I just felt like sharing a couple of experiences I’ve had.

In short, it’s just as simple as most Jk drivers don’t know or don’t care. They don’t want the Jeep lifestyle. They want the Jeep look.

YMMV

Last edited:
Reactions: AtlWrangler99
I personally wave at all of ‘em. Either they do or don’t. I don’t worry about it....hopefully the ones that don’t get the hint....

My wife always laughs at me when I wave and they don’t...but she does like it when they wave back !!!

SC

Reactions: MikeM
I don't really know if they all wave back, but I try to wave at all wranglers. And as a former XJ owner I try to wave to Cherokees as well. Maybe they don't know they own Jeeps, somebody has to tell them.
On another note I met with a local jeep group awhile back, everyone had a JK or JKU, all really cool guys, can't judge a book by its cover.

Reactions: MikeM
They aren’t real Jeep owners. They buy it for the looks. They are the Soccer Mom hummer 2 owners.

I would say the only non-jeep owners driving jeeps are those who leased it. :p

Symantics aside... I would say the jk jeep wave still exists, but since the owner base has expanded to multiple types of customers... that not all customers adhere or are even aware of the culture and tradition.

It's not that less jk owners are waving in comparison to tj guys, but that more of them are not waving.

Ex.. in a pool of 100 jk owners... 20 wave. Thats 20%

The pool of tj owners is less, there are only 40 of them. 20 of them wave.. thats 50%, but still only 20 waved.

Sancho, what's your point?

There are more jerks in the city than in the suburbs, but considering the population difference, there are equally proportion number of jerks on both sides?