Wife's 2-door XJ stolen

I guess the Everett area is getting pretty bad, huh?

It's been bad for a long time, lived there 11 years just moved 2 years ago. Doesn't make the thievery any easier though.

Really sorry to hear this squatch. I'll keep an eye out in my neck is the woods.

Reactions: Squatch
UPDATE: We got the ol' girl back! Got the call a little before 8:00pm, and I hauled ass over to where it was. Only about a mile and a half away, at most. When I arrived, the hood was propped up, and there were jumper cables on the roof. They had busted out the plastic around the ignition, but my key still worked in the ignition and the doors. Evidence that they used a slim-jim to get in. Brand new battery, but she just clicks when I hit the starter. They stole the stereo, so maybe they blew a fuse of some sort in doing so. They took a few things that were in the back, but left us a pair of boxer shorts. But shit, they ain't even my size. Bastards! One broken off center cap (odd), but no body damage anywhere.

When I got there, the engine was still warm. There's no oil in the water, or water in the oil, and the crank rolls over by hand. I think they stopped to get the stereo out, maybe blew a fuse or something (?), and couldn't get it to restart. That, or they cut some of the wrong wires, or something. I won't be able to really look into it until the weekend.
I got to meet the woman who called it in, and it was great to be able to thank her in person. Also, AAA was looking at a two and a half hour arrival time. Fortunately, the cop pulled me aside and said that being as it was so close to home, if I wanted to just tow it home myself with a strap or chain, he wouldn't say anything. Very cool! So, my son and I did just that. It's now tightly sandwiched between the truck and Blazer. I need to get new plates for it, as they're gone.

I'd like to give a shout-out to @Vasq for helping me with all this. He posted it on the neighborhood watch site as soon as he heard about it, and he listened to me vent about the situation. It really helped immensely. Also, thanks to all of you for the kind words and support. You guys are the best, and I appreciate each and every one of ya. Thank you!

Now, I'm gonna have a cup of coffee and relax. (phew!)

UPDATE: We got the ol' girl back! Got the call a little before 8:00pm, and I hauled ass over to where it was. Only about a mile and a half away, at most. When I arrived, the hood was propped up, and there were jumper cables on the roof. They had busted out the plastic around the ignition, but my key still worked in the ignition and the doors. Evidence that they used a slim-jim to get in. Brand new battery, but she just clicks when I hit the starter. They stole the stereo, so maybe they blew a fuse of some sort in doing so. They took a few things that were in the back, but left us a pair of boxer shorts. But shit, they ain't even my size. Bastards! One broken off center cap (odd), but no body damage anywhere.

When I got there, the engine was still warm. There's no oil in the water, or water in the oil, and the crank rolls over by hand. I think they stopped to get the stereo out, maybe blew a fuse or something (?), and couldn't get it to restart. That, or they cut some of the wrong wires, or something. I won't be able to really look into it until the weekend.
I got to meet the woman who called it in, and it was great to be able to thank her in person. Also, AAA was looking at a two and a half hour arrival time. Fortunately, the cop pulled me aside and said that being as it was so close to home, if I wanted to just tow it home myself with a strap or chain, he wouldn't say anything. Very cool! So, my son and I did just that. It's now tightly sandwiched between the truck and Blazer. I need to get new plates for it, as they're gone.

I'd like to give a shout-out to @Vasq for helping me with all this. He posted it on the neighborhood watch site as soon as he heard about it, and he listened to me vent about the situation. It really helped immensely. Also, thanks to all of you for the kind words and support. You guys are the best, and I appreciate each and every one of ya. Thank you!

Now, I'm gonna have a cup of coffee and relax. (phew!)

Awesome news, thanks for the update. So glad you got it back in one piece mostly.

Hope it doesn't take much to put it back in service.

Reactions: Squatch
Great news you got the XJ back. I think it's safe to say everywhere "thieves" is written in this thread, it can be replaced with "tweakers". The likely suspects who steal a car, drive it a mile and half away, then steal the stereo on the way out. So yeah, I hate tweakers! (those guys never put shit back together either...what the hell? :ROFLMAO: )

Great news you got the XJ back. I think it's safe to say everywhere "thieves" is written in this thread, it can be replaced with "tweakers". The likely suspects who steal a car, drive it a mile and half away, then steal the stereo on the way out. So yeah, I hate tweakers! (those guys never put shit back together either...what the hell? :ROFLMAO: )
Yeah, we have our share around Everett, sad to say. It's not like when someone stole the plastic headlight trim from my old Dodge truck. That guy was after something very specific!

That's great news! It sounds like you got a lot of help from Vasq and met some nice people along the way, the lady and the cop. I'm sure the crooks are happy you didn't get to meet them. It will be good to have another XJ 2 dr. stay on the road ... especially a white one (lol).

Yeah, we have our share around Everett, sad to say. It's not like when someone stole the plastic headlight trim from my old Dodge truck. That guy was after something very specific!
Glad you got it back before it was totally hacked or stripped. As far the headlight trim incident, sounds like that guy was just visiting midnight auto supply

Last edited: