Wildman's TJ is getting a face lift

I almost bought one of those Harbor Freight media blasters at one point. You'll have to let me know how you like it. Can't tell you how many times one of those would have come in handy.
Will do. Can't wait to start blasting some parts.

Reactions: Chris
Having a media blaster is such a nice luxury. I have a small Trinco and I use the shit out of it. It makes such quick work of cleaning up old, rusty parts. I really should buy a bigger one.

Well I'm grounded for a few days. Developed a sore on my leg so I have to limit how much I wear my socket for a day or two. Once the sore has started to heal I'll be back up on my feet and getting the garage finished to start working on the Jeep.

I'll keep you all posted on how I like OR dislike the blasting cabinet.

Well I'm grounded for a few days. Developed a sore on my leg so I have to limit how much I wear my socket for a day or two. Once the sore has started to heal I'll be back up on my feet and getting the garage finished to start working on the Jeep.

I'll keep you all posted on how I like OR dislike the blasting cabinet.
Do the sores happen often?

Do the sores happen often?

No this is only the second time in 2 years. Part of it I think was I was sweating inside my liner and wasn't stopping to take it off and clean my leg. So now I'll make sure when I stop for lunch or a break I'll take it off and wipe my leg down. It's all part of being an amputee.

No this is only the second time in 2 years. Part of it I think was I was sweating inside my liner and wasn't stopping to take it off and clean my leg. So now I'll make sure when I stop for lunch or a break I'll take it off and wipe my leg down. It's all part of being an amputee.
Makes sense, I have a friend that used antiperspirant to keep the sweating down.

Makes sense, I have a friend that used antiperspirant to keep the sweating down.

Yes I have tried a few different types that are made for amputees. I also have these little cotton liners sort of like a sock that you wear inside the liner. They help also. I've gotten as much as a tablespoon of water out of my liner when I take it off.

Yes I have tried a few different types that are made for amputees. I also have these little cotton liners sort of like a sock that you wear inside the liner. They help also. I've gotten as much as a tablespoon of water out of my liner when I take it off.
good friend of mine wears a prosthetic foot, from a birth defect. We play ice hockey together and about halfway through a game he has to remove the prosthetic and wipe down his leg and wring his sock...

Reactions: Wildman
Not sure about posting this picture or not........ Took a load of boxes and used oil to the dump this morning. Got rid of those POS batteries also.

This is my pile of parts for the Jeep and my Harley..... Mostly Jeep parts but at some point I'll stop and work on the bike also.
20200417_122412.jpg

Garage is almost cleaned up and ready for me to start working on the Jeep.

What the Jeep looks like right now.

20200417_131120.jpg

The damn wind here blows pine needles into the garage even when the doors are closed.

20200417_131100.jpg

This is only the start of the pile I'll have.

Reactions: TJ Starting
New BUILT 46RE transmission and my dirty STaK's transfer case.

20200417_132042.jpg

Now if the rest of my parts for my shop air system would arrive I think I'm ready to start yanking the Jeep apart.

Reactions: Cross-Threaded-06TJ
Well DANG NAB I figured wrong and still need one fitting. Hope I can find it in town tomorrow.

Well nothing really exciting today other than I have my air system back up and running in the garage. Got another package today. It's Dang Sexy but I'll be hidden under the Jeep when the exhaust is done.

20200418_114424_zpskop6kz3r.jpg

20200418_114410_zps7sughtju.jpg

Also ordered the raised body mounts and new rubber body mounts. I went with TNT's kit as it gives you the body pucks and the new mounts together.

Here's why I need this.

20200418_164801_zpsxypgm4e4.jpg

20200418_164819_zpspiypa6qj.jpg

@Chris
First time using the blasting cabinet.

Power steering mount for my V-8.
Before:
20200419_105314.jpg

20200419_105319.jpg

After 10 minutes. The media I chose might be a bit light for what I'm doing. Learning process.

20200419_105945.jpg

20200419_105950.jpg

Cleaner but could use a little more blasting.

Looks good, but yes, it looks like you might need a slightly more aggressive media next time. Like you said, learning process.

Engine accessory brackets.

20200419_112708.jpg

20200419_112723.jpg

Spent a little more time on them.
Almost clean enough to install.