Wind noise and buffeting

Hardtop or the High dollar soft top...That should help with Windnoise. My hardtop, even uninsulated, is dramatically quieter than my soft top. As far as what @astjp2 is saying...I can't comment, but it does sound plausible.

Hardtop or the High dollar soft top...That should help with Windnoise. My hardtop, even uninsulated, is dramatically quieter than my soft top. As far as what @astjp2 is saying...I can't comment, but it does sound plausible.

Yes Silence is a bitch right now. I can’t be in a quiet room, I need background noise or I would go nuts. Mainly trying to figure out how to quiet the jeep some so I can at least get out in it and try to preserve some of the hearing I have left and keep the tinnitus from getting worse

Last edited:
Hearing loss is different than Tinnitus, Tinnitus has caused people to go insane because the ringing never ever stops. If it gets bad enough, go have a conversation with someone before you put a cap in someones ass from the stress. You will need to look at what sounds cover the ringing, for me its a babbling brook when I go to bed and listening to music. I dont crank the music up too loud but just enough that it gives me something to concentrate on besides the ringing. For most people the ringing will never go away, you will have to find a way to manage your thoughts away from the sound. I hate quiet places, too quiet is very loud in my head, but a little sound like a stream, crickets, a breeze will take my mind off of what is in my head and takes me to the outside. Tim

Reactions: jeepndogs
My Twill tracktop developed wind noise and I put a strip of 10mm square rubber along the top of the windscreen header where the leading edge of the softtop is. When the top is clamped down the rubber compressed and all flapping/windnoise went away. Worth a shot.

photo below.

bestop,rubber.jpg